Women with abs, attractive or not?

Options

Replies

• char2009
    Options
    I don't care for them at all on women. They make a women look masculine.

My husband thinks the same as do all of his friends...I think Zuzana from Bodyrock.tv looks amazing and love her body, but all the guys that I have talked to about her think if you cut off her head and chest she looks like a man and they don't like it!!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

My husband thinks the same as do all of his friends...I think Zuzana from Bodyrock.tv looks amazing and love her body, but all the guys that I have talked to about her think if you cut off her head and chest she looks like a man and they don't like it!!

They must be blind, as she would be the thinnest man ever, nothing on her looks masculine.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

They must be blind, as she would be the thinnest man ever, nothing on her looks masculine.

Amen!!!
  • saajidah93
    Options
    Just take a look at Nicole Scherzinger!!!! HOTTTT- I want abs!!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Abs because some woman decides to starve herself aka Nicole Richie = ugly.

Abs because a woman is in great shape, has some muscle and works hard to get it = very hot/sexy.

Respect the work that it takes to achieve it.
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Look at siabevis's profile photo here on MFP .... those are some NICE abs!
  • tofuslayer
    Options
    as long as you feel good and look in the mirror and feel sexy, people will gravitate towards that confidence. also, i don't think anyone likes the roided out, unnatural look, but i think as women our estrogen makes it pretty damn hard to get to a point where you look strange or manly or anything.

my boyfriend loves that toned and athletic look, and he compliments me every day on how my abs are getting more defined and he loves my v cuts. in my opinion a guy who wants you to look weak and frail has his own issues that he's projecting onto your body (obviously this is an opinion and is not meant to piss anyone off).
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

Maybe they need a basic review of anatomy? hehe
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Its totally hot, but not everyone can actually achieve that.
  • drift
    drift Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Attractive both to aspire to for self and to look at on others
  • boopiejones
    Options
    abs are hot as long as you don't have an outie belly button. i once saw a girl at my gym with veiny 6 pack abs and an outie...yuck...
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    A good man will find you attractive for who you are, not your abs or lack of abs. If you want abs, go for them. More power to you. Different men have different views on what is attractive. You can't please them all. Work at pleasing you. :flowerforyou:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I'd like a 6 pack, however I'm not a huge fan of the really low body fat look (like less than 15%) so if I had to get down that low to get abs, it wouldn't be worth it.

BUT just because I do not want the low body fat look, doesn't mean I think it is ugly, un-sexy, un-healthy or masculine. Just not what I'd prefer for me.
  • padraigin67
    padraigin67 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Well I am working on having toned and defined abs. If my man does not like them, well tough. This is for me first, everyone else second. I have to love who I am. :flowerforyou:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Women are attractive.

I like this answer, and really, from what I know of men, it's pretty much true for most of them.
  • Rackminac
    Rackminac Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It really is all in each persons different opinion. I don't like 6 packs on guys... I like meaty guys. Some women like string beans, others like big wallets. Do what u want. Someone will dig you. :)
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I strive for a little definition but I have no interest in having a 6 pack.
  • CCarricato
    Options
    I think bottom line, there is someone for everyone, and if you are happy with a defined 6-pack, there will be a man out there that will LOVE that! Some guys like a little "cushion" Everyone is different. Do what makes you happy, don't worry about what others think!

Cassie
  • mangorabbit
    mangorabbit Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have abs! ...somewhere under the other stuff... ^_-

Really same thing everyone has said, do what you need to for your satisfaction. I am happy with a flat tummy that is toned - usually the outer lines defined a bit, but full on six-pack? That is a level of commitment/drive I am not sure I have. I am always impressed with the chicas that have and can rock the six-pack, but sometimes I think it can be a bit much. Not knocking anyone, just a matter of taste. (As has been said over and over in this thread.)

You want abs? Go and get 'em! Really we all have them somewhere, it just depends on if your body and you are willing to give up those protective layers over them... ^_^ (And the cookies/cheese/guacamole/whatever that one might also have to forgo to find the six-pack.)