Women with abs, attractive or not?

Options

Replies

• Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options

As for the statements in bold...
    where the hell did you get your info? Is there a memo from God / Mother Nature / Divine Creator that I missed that says this is fact?

I don't believe in God, but any doctor will tell you that women have a higher percentage of body fat than men do. Whether you like it or not our bodies were designed for reproductive purposes, and that is the reason we have more fat. Yes, it is possible to get below the recommended 18-20%, closer to the healthy range for men, but this is extremely hard to do and must be done with carefully controlled diet and exercise. I'm surprised so many of you think we can achieve the same fitness goals just as easily as our male counterparts. I don't think it's anti-feminist to admit that we aren't created equal in a physical sense.

The OP has struggled with eating disorders and overexercise in the past. It's cruel to promote a look that is very difficult to achieve when she could be vulnerable to unsafe behaviors in pursuit of an ideal body.

I have visible abs at 18% body fat because I do not store my fat in my mid section. You were wrong about saying all women store fat the same way. Actually many women store fat in the thighs (especially when pregnant as the body is preparing for breastfeeding).

That's wonderful, but you are an exception. Normally women store fat in the belly, hips, thighs, and butt. Lucky you!
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Attractiveness is subjective. All men/women think different things are ideally attractive. One might assume these ideals are the same between people, but they aren't. One guy may think abs look gross and another may think they look damn sexy. It's all about what YOU think. If you think it looks good and will be proud of them when you look in the mirror, go for it! Screw what he thinks!
  • Bookaholic88
    Bookaholic88 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Personally i think flat and toned is the most attractive, that being said beauty/attractiveness is totally subjective. If you feel more confidant with abs then you are probably more attractive based on that confidence alone.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

As for the statements in bold...
    where the hell did you get your info? Is there a memo from God / Mother Nature / Divine Creator that I missed that says this is fact?

I don't believe in God, but any doctor will tell you that women have a higher percentage of body fat than men do. Whether you like it or not our bodies were designed for reproductive purposes, and that is the reason we have more fat. Yes, it is possible to get below the recommended 18-20%, closer to the healthy range for men, but this is extremely hard to do and must be done with carefully controlled diet and exercise. I'm surprised so many of you think we can achieve the same fitness goals just as easily as our male counterparts. I don't think it's anti-feminist to admit that we aren't created equal in a physical sense.

The OP has struggled with eating disorders and overexercise in the past. It's cruel to promote a look that is very difficult to achieve when she could be vulnerable to unsafe behaviors in pursuit of an ideal body.

I've never had fat around my midsection, it's the last place I would gain if I gained. Women carry weight in different areas, some are apples, some are pears etc... Not all women have big tummies and my abs have been visible for years although they are more visible now since I discovered weight training.

I think abs are attractive.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    2 packs are sexy for me. 6 packs are just too much for me on women. Just not attractive for me.
  • piunik
    piunik Posts: 1
    Options
    As an ex-gymnast and more than averagely muscular 15 year old girl with a well-defined six pack this question has crossed my mind a lot. I understand that to some guys I am intimidating because of my athletic build but to others I am extremely attractive for it. So frankly, I feel that it depends on the person. But keep in mind many of the students at my school who know I have abs have told me how much they want them too. Guys ask to see them and touch them, which is kind of weird but whatever. So they are definitely attractive to some people and will make a lot of people of either gender envious. Keep in mind that I don't look like a bodybuilder. I am average to thin with a ruler straight figure and easily toned muscles due to genes. I run XC, sprint during Track season, and play basketball; so I don't lift or do anything but practice for sports to keep up my physique.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Sexxxxaaaaay.
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    sexy. I i find flat and soft toned sexier.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    lol- edited as I just realized OP is over 18 months old!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    i like ladys with abs i think its sexy in the pick below hott but i'm not a fan of the guy in the pics abs

laura-wilson-online-abs.jpg
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    If you don't find abs attractive, don't get them.

People don't even start to understand how hard you have to work to get them.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Is this a serious question??? Way hott!
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Of course, it is incredibly attractive. Duh.
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,159 Member
    Options
    Abs, *kitten* and boobs- unequivocally attractive!
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. He may not think it's attractive but other people will. Next he says that to you tell him, "Well, I'm not attracted to you so it really doesn't matter to me what you think."
  • morticia16
    morticia16 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    i would love me to have some abs :) who cares what this guy in a gym somewhere in the world thinks about it.
  • SpleenThief
    SpleenThief Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Women with abs are mega sexy.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Not.

Not at all.

Hideous even.

:wink:
  • funforsports