Strip clubs for married men?

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day you either trust them or you don't. You don't need strip clubs to cheat.
    This. My wife has attended strip clubs, bachelorette parties, etc. and I've even seen video evidence. It just made me laugh to see her have a good time.
    I go with my BIL's and Uncles on occasion and for all our SO's, it's no big deal.
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    *Just stating my opinion, so you don't need to go off if you don't agree.*

I'm not okay with any of it. My belief is that true love and respect in a relationship cannot flourish if you engage in any of that activity. I would never think of doing any of that and I wouldn't stand for a partner doing it. For me, I need someone who just wants me. I should be enough. If I'm not, he can get all of his attention and satisfaction somewhere else, permanently.
  • RedPaperClip
    Options
    Watching the girls dance at a club - no problem. Not that he has an interest in it. Accepting a dance, personally I wouldn't be ok with that, too close and 'personal' (ha) - hell I'll dance for him whenever he likes :) It would just feel a bit like cheating...well no, I can't think of the word. I have nothing but the utmost respect for the girls though, I know a few ex-strippers. Don't see how people judge them so bad - as everyone says it's the girls at the bar you really have to worry about!

*Despite my picture, have never worked in a club. Recreational only ;)
  • AshjMusik
    AshjMusik Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Great feedback everyone, thx for sharing!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Ok I don't want this thread to be shut down so plz be good :D Just curious.. A newlywed friend had this issue & it sparked a huge debate w/ my HB tonight. Do u feel strip clubs are okay for married men/women? What about a club vs. a hotel room? Would love some input from you all ;)

My fiance can look at the menu as long as he's eating at home!!
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Sure it's fine with me.. my husband can go to a club. I don't care how he gets his engine rev'd up, as long as he comes home to park his car if you know what I mean...lol
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Sure it's fine with me.. my husband can go to a club. I don't care how he gets his engine rev'd up, as long as he comes home to park his car if you know what I mean...lol

Reminds me of a Mad Men episode I saw yesterday... "We all park in the wrong garage sometimes" :D

I'm okay with a strip club but not with a personal lap dance.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    nope.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Those strippers don't want your men. It's the tramps at the bar you have to worry about.

I'd have to agree with that. My ex didn't bring a stripper home, he cheated with some bar skank. For me, an occasional visit to the club would be fine (not my cup of tea, though). It would only be a problem if he felt he had to lie/sneak around to do it, or if it became a regular thing or started taking the place of something else in the relationship.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I think it's okay on certain occasions like a bachelor party, but no lap dances. If you wouldn't be okay with me giving some other guy a lap dance, then you sure as hell better not be accepting one from another woman.

It's not about trust for me. I agree with the others who said that strippers aren't the ones you have to worry about when it comes to your husband cheating on you. I would just be concerned if my husband regularly felt the need to unwind by watching other women dance around naked (or close to it). I don't think being married means you stop having "fun." I just think it means you stop having "fun" with other women. Get what you need from your wife. If she's not into it, then I guess you married the wrong person. Sucks for you.

On a side note, this reminds me of the discussions on here from time to time about how women don't understand that if they'd just make their husbands feel appreciated, then their husbands would do anything to make them happy. Well, men, if you make your woman feel as sexy as you think she is, she'll do anything you want her to do in the bedroom (or the kitchen or the shower or wherever).
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I think it depends....If my guy wants to go out once in a while with his buddies to a strip club I'm fine with that. If I didn't trust him to hang out with his friends I wouldn't marry him. However, if he goes all the time or by himself that's a different story and there might be a problem there.

Agree with this ^
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Maybe he will eventually realize it's a waste of time, energy and money. i love women but I came to realize over time that it's not that big of a deal to go to a place that exploits naked women. I have been one time in the past 6 years and that's because a girl I was dating invited me.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    My wife doesn't have a problem with it, but I have only gone maybe 2 or 3 times in 10 years. I enjoy seeing hot naked women as much as the next guy, but there are much better uses for my money.

If it is an obsession, it is a problem.

If the couple is struggling financially, it is a problem.

AGREED!!!! as long as the $ hes spending isnt taking food out of mine or my kids mouth its fine (Id totally go with him)
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Strippers and hookers have feelings too
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Me & the hubby go to strip clubs all the time. We buy eachother lap dances
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    It's not OK for MY husband. But we watch all kinds of fun "stuff" at home together, so he doesn't feel too disappointed about the no strip club rule.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    No. I really really don't. I would be beyond furious if my husband went to one. Not because I feel in any way threatened, I don't, but those places are demeaning to women and I wouldn't ever want to be with a man who thought that was ok.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Our bedroom is the strip club. End of story.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    My wife doesn't have a problem with it, but I have only gone maybe 2 or 3 times in 10 years. I enjoy seeing hot naked women as much as the next guy, but there are much better uses for my money.

If it is an obsession, it is a problem.

If the couple is struggling financially, it is a problem.

werd.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    It's not OK for MY husband. But we watch all kinds of fun "stuff" at home together, so he doesn't feel too disappointed about the no strip club rule.

Thank you.
    Our bedroom is the strip club. End of story.

And thank you.

This is how it should be.