Everyday I'm Shreddin it! 30DS 10/11/11

Options

Replies

• ninkdole
    ninkdole Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    L1D4 - definitely not hurting as much and almost completing each set now, just need to work on the push ups (still modified)

Try doing incline push-ups on a table or chair and work your way down to the floor. Stairs are good to use too because you could start with which ever step you are comfortable with doing a pushup from and work your way down the stairs to the floor. They are much better then the motified version on the DVD because the modified doesn't make you use your entire body, but the incline does.

Wow, that is a crazy good idea cuz my pushups suck. Even in the modified position. I'm gonna try my stairs today.
  • Serialdieter
    Options
    Couldnt log on last night got home to late but I completed L1 D4 yesterday and it is getting easier.

I done the worst thing ever and took a sneak peek at level 2 :o not looking forward to that.

Will log in later after I have done D5
  • snailrunner
    snailrunner Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Day 6 Level 1 for me this morning...might repeat it later to make up for missing yesterday.
  • sb1023
    sb1023 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    level 1 day 6 done!
  • spiceshirl
    Options
    Hello to everyone who is shredding it up!! today I completed level 1 day 7, was really a great burn. I'm finding it so much easier as the days goes on. I am also doing it along with her No More Trouble Zone DVD!! Just Love it!! Keep Shredding!!
  • elizabethdear95
    Options
    Day 4 level 1 complete! =D keep on going!
  • ninkdole
    ninkdole Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Day 5 level 1 done. It is getting a bit easier. I see myself doing a couple extra days at L1 though since I really struggled the first few days. I feel like its taken me this long just to get the groove of it.
  • healthysew
    healthysew Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I missed yesterday as well, did L1 D4 today!
  • Skyrocket123
    Skyrocket123 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Day 4 Lev 1 Done!!
    It WAS a bit easier but I can feel a twinge in the back of my left knee, hope it isn't going to develop into anything more because although I can't say I am 'enjoying' it yet, I do feel better afterwards and I want those results!!

Can I ask though does it wind anyone else up that those two ladies with Jillian have that weird fixed smile on their faces throughout the workout. WHY ARE THEY SMILING?? I am definitely not smiling throughout it!! ;)
  • xorachelrose
    Options
    D5L1 - 10 days complete! wooot woot.

You know if it wasnt for this thread and everyone in this group it would have been really hard for me to stick with it this weekend.

Over the next 3 days im working over 35 hours.. awesome i know. and i have homework too! lol so i basically have no time this weekend but i keep saying to myself is its ONLY 20 MINUTES. and im going to feel so good after the 30 days. So hopefully that will keep me motivated and focused!
  • snailrunner
    Options
    Day 4 Lev 1 Done!!
    It WAS a bit easier but I can feel a twinge in the back of my left knee, hope it isn't going to develop into anything more because although I can't say I am 'enjoying' it yet, I do feel better afterwards and I want those results!!

Can I ask though does it wind anyone else up that those two ladies with Jillian have that weird fixed smile on their faces throughout the workout. WHY ARE THEY SMILING?? I am definitely not smiling throughout it!! ;)

They are smiling because they are being paid to smile!
  • Lowtower
    Options
    D5L1 done!
  • MrsWibbly
    MrsWibbly Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    L1D4 - definitely not hurting as much and almost completing each set now, just need to work on the push ups (still modified)

Try doing incline push-ups on a table or chair and work your way down to the floor. Stairs are good to use too because you could start with which ever step you are comfortable with doing a pushup from and work your way down the stairs to the floor. They are much better then the motified version on the DVD because the modified doesn't make you use your entire body, but the incline does.

Thanks - I will give this a go tomorrow. I know I need to do the push ups as I have seen what L2 and L3 have in store!!
  • MrsWibbly
    Options
    Just to let everyone know... I am already seeing results :happy: Looked in the mirror this morning and wasn't sure if I was imagining it but my belly seems a lot less wobbly. So I got out the tape measure and sure enough, in only 4 days I have lost 0.5 inch off my waist and 0.5 inch off my hips. Monday is my big fortnightly weigh in and measure up (I have my own spreadsheet with targets and rewards which works really well for me) so I will see how much real progress I have made since two weeks ago. The BIG result is that my body fat percentage has dropped from 36.7% to 36%. Loving that result and this and the inches lost means that I am going to blast through my Monday target!
  • Skyrocket123
    Skyrocket123 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Right ladies i need your help!!

I am on D4 Level 1

My left knee is hurting and when I tried to do some jumping jacks to see how it would feel under that kind of pressure it was unbearable :(:(:(
    I don't want to quit this as I am into it and want to get the results SO...what cardio type exercises can I replace the jumping jacks with so I still end up 'shredded' without shredding my knee!!
    I did post this elsewhere in the forum, and someone said sidesteps with the arm movements instead of jumping jacks but the butt kicks and jump rope also hurt so what can I do to tone legs, bum and thighs?
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    L1D5 done!
  • MrsWibbly
    Options

I am on D4 Level 1

My left knee is hurting and when I tried to do some jumping jacks to see how it would feel under that kind of pressure it was unbearable :(:(:(
    I don't want to quit this as I am into it and want to get the results SO...what cardio type exercises can I replace the jumping jacks with so I still end up 'shredded' without shredding my knee!!
    I did post this elsewhere in the forum, and someone said sidesteps with the arm movements instead of jumping jacks but the butt kicks and jump rope also hurt so what can I do to tone legs, bum and thighs?

Not sure what to suggest, but it would have to be low impact...

Do you have anything like an exercise bike that you could use for each of the 2 min cardio sets?

Or a mini trampoline that you could jog, or 'jump rope' on? I use my trampoline to go Wii Jogging and its a good cardio workout without the impact.
  • snailrunner
    Options
    Day 7 L1 done :) I've started doing half and half real push ups and Anita push ups. Also getting fed up with side effects of jumping jacks so I've invented my own whole body exercise to do during those sections!
  • mamacruz04
    Options
    I hope no one minds if I join!?! I actually just started the 30day shred this morning and stumbled on the post a few minutes ago :)

So L1D1, I did it at 830 this morning and my legs are STILL jello lol. (expecially going up and down the stairs!) Great job everyone sticking with it! Your all motivation to me!
    If anyone wants to friend me please feel free. I'm new to MFP and could use some more cheerleaders rooting me on :)
    Brandy

Oh and I am starting at 189.4 and will do measurements tonight.
  • mamacruz04
    Options

I am on D4 Level 1

[/quote/]

This happened to me when I did the shred a few months ago. I just replaced it with one of the other cardios from the video. It lasted a few days and then I was able to do jumping jacks again. Goodluck!