Everyday I'm Shreddin it! 30DS 10/11/11

Options

Replies

• Lowtower
    Options
    D5L1 done! And I needed it after last night's Mexican!
  • vinnysgirl
    vinnysgirl Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Those of you who haven't done the shred before, has anybody had a sneaky peak at level 2 or 3 yet, I am dying to, but it scares me so I daren't .................. :smile:
  • xorachelrose
    Options
    D4L1 - 9 days complete! :)

worked out before I have to go to work. I would have never worked out before work! aaah its a new me :)
  • MrsWibbly
    MrsWibbly Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    L1D3 done and I really pushed today (or so my legs are telling me!)

As for level 2 and 3 - lets just say you will need as much upper body and core strength as you can muster... keep working on the push ups in level 1 :tongue:
  • MrsWibbly
    MrsWibbly Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    And to those of you struggling through the pain of D2 or D3 - after day 4 or 5 it won't hurt so much, but keep pushing hard...
  • Skyrocket123
    Skyrocket123 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hey can I ask what you ladies (and gents if there are any!) are logging the 30DS as and for how long? I have put 20 mins of circuit training but I noticed a few people putting 30 mins.
  • CoachKristenSmith
    CoachKristenSmith Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just started on 10/12/11 and it is seriously the hardest workout I've ever had in 20 minutes. I was doing the old Tony Horton Power 90 every day for a couple of weeks, the level 3-4 and those are about 40 minutes and I thought that this one would be easy comparatively. HA HA HA HA, Jillian kicks my butt! I was blown away. I love how hard it is, I feel like I really get a hard workout. So, today I'm L1D3. I will post my measurements later, they're at home. I also took before pictures cuz I really hope to see a change in 30 days! Thanks for starting this thread, I'm excited for the accountability and to read everyone else's progress! WE CON DOOOO EET!!!
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hey can I ask what you ladies (and gents if there are any!) are logging the 30DS as and for how long? I have put 20 mins of circuit training but I noticed a few people putting 30 mins.

Yeah, we haven't really figured out how much to put down. I'm one of the 30 minute loggers lol.. I need to seriously look into how long it really is. I am planning on getting a body bugg this weekend to use instead. We'll see how it goes :)
  • Faery7
    Options
    L1D4 complete :) Love that me and my sister are doing this together. She came over this morning and we did it before work because we knew tonight would be rough getting it in before going out with friends. So proud of us all for making this a priority. I've seen a couple others of you say the same thing :)

Honestly though, you guys are motivating me to keep going, thanks so much for joining!!!! I'm so happy we're all in this together. Accountability!!!!!!

YOU ALL ARE DOING GREAT!!!... wait... WE ALL are doing great! ;)
  • danajotx
    Options
    L1D4 completed - I sure was tired this morning, but still did it!!
  • Toenges1
    Toenges1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Way to go Dana. I didn't want to do it today either, but I had the time and I'm out of excuses. Level 2 Day 3..done. 5 pound weights. Made it through everything, but did a little lower impact on the plank jacks..killer!
  • Toenges1
    Toenges1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options

I see a nutrition expert and she actually told me to put in 35-40 minutes because your heart rate is up the entire 20 minutes. So I am plugging in 35 or 40 depending on how hard I push. It's not a 100% accurate, but her fear is that I will not eat enough calories and my body will go into starvation mode - which will make your body actually store fat vs. burn.

I am in a maintenance phase - not weight loss - but this is how I was told to do it by a nutrition expert that i counsel with.
  • elizabethdear95
    Options
    Day 3 level 1 down! I do yoga before I do my shredding so I'm nice and stretchy first. It makes the workout a little easier I think.
  • ninkdole
    ninkdole Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    L1 day4 done. This gets easier when? I gotta be honest, I have no upper body strength at this point and am struggling with the push ups. I'm doing them, but I have a feeling if Jillian saw me she'd be kicking me in my airborne butt with her tattoo'd foot.
  • snailrunner
    snailrunner Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Jumping Jacks...can do them (not that I enjoy it) but is there a low impact, but still effective alternative? Are they in L2 and L3 as well?

TMI alert...since childbirth some parts don't quite perform as they used to and Jumping Jacks have an unwanted side effect!
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    L1D4 complete. After I finished, I did half of level 2 just to see what it was like. stupid idea. I am going to be hating it tomorrow!!
  • crocakahe
    crocakahe Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    L1 D2 complete!
  • Faery7
    Options
    Jumping Jacks...can do them (not that I enjoy it) but is there a low impact, but still effective alternative? Are they in L2 and L3 as well?

TMI alert...since childbirth some parts don't quite perform as they used to and Jumping Jacks have an unwanted side effect!

If I remember, they are in level 2, but I know they are in level 3 too. I know what you mean and I don't even have the excuse of having children!! LOL... but I stick with it anyway... I know gross right! lol
  • Skyrocket123
    Skyrocket123 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I think given the replies of you lovely ladies I will put 30 mins from now on. I don't want my body to start going in to starvation mode
    : /
    Can I ask a really dim question please? I bought some handweights from Asda and it said 5lbs on the box. When I got them home they are 2.5lbs each thus making 5lbs.
    So are these what is meant by 5lbs weights or do I need to buy some new ones that are 5lbs each?

Re Jumping Jacks I really hate these but I do them. I do struggle with them when I get breathless!
  • mallie233
    Options
    Weeeeeell. Every Thursday I work late, really late. I was just too exhausted to do yesterday's shred. I think it'll probably always be that way. Is it kosher to do maybe, two on Saturdays instead? One in the Morning and one at night? Yes? Please?