Everyday I'm Shreddin it! 30DS 10/11/11

Options

Replies

• vinnysgirl
    vinnysgirl Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    How long is the actual workout on this? I've always entered it as 20 minutes. Assuming the 3 - 6 minute circuits and about 2 - 3 minute warmup. I've seen everyone logging it in anywhere from 20, 25, and 30 minutes. So, does anyone know the actual time?

I logged it as 20 too. I'll be interested to see what others have logged it at.

My DVD player says it's just over 28 minutes. I usually log it as 30 minutes... but I might be giving myself too many minutes there lol.

If you add up the breakdown on the back of the DVD it comes to 22 mins, not actually put a stop watch/counter on it though so will do tonight just to make sure :smile:
  • healthysew
    healthysew Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i always log 25 minutes, to be safe or if I feel like I didnt work as hard ill put 20. I really want a hrm but not enough money right now, haha.

I use 3 pound weights right now.
  • danajotx
    Options
    L1D2 complete.

I am using 5lb weights, but do have to alternate arms at the end. Hopefully by the end of level 1 I can use both arms all the way through!
  • snailrunner
    snailrunner Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    L1 D4 for me tonight, waiting til I've got the house to myself! I use 2kg weights (4.4lbs) and although I can mostly manage, the side lunges with forward eye-level raise are almost impossible - I usually drop one after a while and use the other with both hands.

I left the car at home today, walked to high school with my daughter, got the bus the rest of the way to work, and I just walked all the way home :)

Hoping for some weight loss to record by the weekend, have been hovering around 61kg for ever.
  • vixxy83
    vixxy83 Posts: 59
    Options
    well wasnt able to do it tonight which would of been lvl 1 day 10 due to my asthma playin up today i feel alot better now but aint gonna risk it so if im much better tomorrow i will do day 10 n start level 2
  • moffee01
    Options
    L1 D2 finished :-) The hubby did it with me today. Its makes it so much more enjoyable when we are both sweating and cussing LOL. Did I already say I frickin HATE push ups!!
    Off to shower and grocery shop. Have a good day everyone!!

Kelly
  • nici94
    nici94 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    D2L1 done.
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    L1 D2 finished :-) The hubby did it with me today. Its makes it so much more enjoyable when we are both sweating and cussing LOL. Did I already say I frickin HATE push ups!!

Kelly

Awe that's awesome :)
  • snailrunner
    snailrunner Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Day 4 Level 1 done.

Is it just me, or does anyone else keep expecting someone to walk down the hallway and use the water dispenser or the lockers you can see at the back of the room?!
  • ninkdole
    ninkdole Posts: 243 Member
    Options

Kelly

That's awesome!! The closest my hubby would come to a push up is possibly doing CPR on me if I should ever need it. I'm definitely on my own in the exercise department.
  • elizabethdear95
    Options
    May I join please? I did day 1 of level 1 this morning. I could use some motivation =)
  • Toenges1
    Toenges1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I would like to join too. Anyone know roughly how many calories this burns. I know it is different for everyone, how are you counting it for your exercise report - aerobics general? I think 20 minutes is roughly 250 calories, but I could be wrong.

I recently lost 48 pounds on Medifast - so I am at my goal weight. I am just trying to maintain this weight now and I have to work out because my body is used to very limited foods and calories. Now that I am back on real food again, I need to be careful. I am dong the 5 pound weights, but I do allow 5 second breaks when needed. Level 1 isn't too bad for me, but the other two levels are killers. Been doing this off and on for several months now. Now that it is getting cold (Minnnesota) I can't walk/bike outside as much so am going to have to get disciplined!

Would love to be part of this group for support. Thanks!
  • ninkdole
    ninkdole Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I would like to join too. Anyone know roughly how many calories this burns. I know it is different for everyone, how are you counting it for your exercise report - aerobics general? I think 20 minutes is roughly 250 calories, but I could be wrong.

I recently lost 48 pounds on Medifast - so I am at my goal weight. I am just trying to maintain this weight now and I have to work out because my body is used to very limited foods and calories. Now that I am back on real food again, I need to be careful. I am dong the 5 pound weights, but I do allow 5 second breaks when needed. Level 1 isn't too bad for me, but the other two levels are killers. Been doing this off and on for several months now. Now that it is getting cold (Minnnesota) I can't walk/bike outside as much so am going to have to get disciplined!

Would love to be part of this group for support. Thanks!

I think the majority of us have been putting it under "circuit training-general".
  • xorachelrose
    Options
    Day 4 Level 1 done.

Is it just me, or does anyone else keep expecting someone to walk down the hallway and use the water dispenser or the lockers you can see at the back of the room?!

lol lol lol! YEAH TOTALLY. for a while i was doing the workout on my computer so i never noticed that in the background and then when i switch over my tv i was like WHOA, HAS THAT BEEN THERE THE WHOLE TIME??!? haha i can't believe someone else thought of that too :)
  • xorachelrose
    Options
    D2L1 - 7 days complete ! :)

So i'm using 5lbs weights throughout the entire workout except for at the side lunges at the end, then i just hold one 5lb weight with both of my hands. Right now its too hard for me to lift 5lbs straight up in the air like that while side lunging at the same time, but hopefully ill get to both :)

The only other modification I do is during the push-ups. I have to do them the Anita way because i have no upper body strength. Again, i hope i can do Natalie push-ups by the end of this :)
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hi guys - we had a new few new additions, so I decided to update our list again. Please make sure we "friend" each other for the extra support :)
    Thanks again - you all are doing great!!!!!

2s9ta4k.jpg
  • kutechick
    kutechick Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Funny enough I purchased the video and started yesterday, and took pic's of my self last night. May I join too! How often should we check in?
  • Serialdieter
    Options
    Completed D2 L1 today and OMG do I hurt, hoping that it gets better because I cant even brush my hair haha ...

11627635.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Anderia
    Anderia Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    D3L1 Completed!

I'm using 5lb weights currently.
    I doing a mixture of modfiy pusups and regular push ups.
  • vinnysgirl
    vinnysgirl Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 2 done - did it when I got back from doing 75 mins at the gym so it was tough but I got through it thanks to all of you :smile:

Well done everyone, together we can do it :smile: