20 pounds down by Christmas!

Options

Replies

• gettingfitnebr
    gettingfitnebr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is what I need!!! Hopefully it will break my plateau.

Height : 5'2"
    SW: 242.5 (11/09)
    CW: 162.0
    Goal weight: 142 by 12/27
  • CherryBlossom1982
    CherryBlossom1982 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    This is a great challenge. Count me in if it isn't too late :)

I currently weigh 180.8lb...wow it would be great to be 160lb or even close by xmas.

Thanks,
    Mel
  • doinit4tayzie
    Options
    No loss for me this week - still 178.2. But lost an inch off my waist, an inch off my hips and an inch off my chest!!

Thats awesome!!!
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I loved the video! So cool! :)

My zumba instructor also commented that I was looking good a couple of weeks ago, & 2 people that attend that classes said something to me on Saturday! They said they could really tell, which makes me excited because I can't tell a huge difference yet! People at work comment on it regularly, but I know it's just because they know how hard core I am working & want to be supportive...haha :) It does help keep me motivated & accountable!

Well after no loss last week, I had a good scale drop down to 175.4 today (Yes, I weigh everyday...I can't not weigh every morning!), so I hope it sticks & I can get even lower by the end of the week to make up for last week!

I didn't make yoga this morning (I didn't wake up until class was starting) BUT I am definitely going to try "kickboxing/butts and guts" tonight. I have no idea really what it is or how intense it is...I hope I can handle it!

That's great! I bet you are losing more inches than you think! I have the same issue, the scale won't drop for a few weeks then in one week I'll drop 3 pounds... it's very odd. How was the kickboxing class? I love how intense it is, but it really does kick your butt... :)
  • JessieAnneMarie
    Options
    my starting weight is 165 sorry for not posting! :) xoxo
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Did hot yoga tonight! It was my second time ever doing it, and I love it. You are able to get soo much deeper into the postures because of the heat.

I still need to do my 1 new thing that I've never tried before. I think I will try to do a new style of yoga this week. :smile:
  • Daniegirl2011
    Daniegirl2011 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'd love to go for it as that's all I need to be at my goal weight! Question though, how do you suggest we lose that much weight as I only lose between 1~3 lbs a week. We need a game plan, what's the strategy?
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    you know.. i don't lose weight quickly.. i have been on here since april 1st and i have only lost 24 lbs. I feel great, but like I said , i lose slowly. so i'm thinking if i reach another 20lbs weight loss by christmas, that will be something to celebrate for sure!!!!!!
  • RittRitt
    Options
    I would love to be in!
  • mattiol4
    mattiol4 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I would love to join if I may! My current weight is 163.6!
  • heather311
    Options
    my weigh in is 233lbs.
  • julsmarshall
    julsmarshall Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I did two things I have never done--last night I tried doing the plank while I was doing push ups and situps. That is difficult! And this morning, after meaning to do it for the last week, I got up and worked out to the yoga dvd I have had for 4 years and never opened! And it was fun! I just did the quick 20 min part, but I plan to work myself up to the full 30 minute work out.

Doing something other than walking the dog for exercise is something I haven't taken the time to do in a long time. It felt good.

I hope you are all having a great week and trying something new!
  • HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    The kickboxing/butts and guts class was fun! It didn't compare to zumba, because the time didn't go very fast! I was left wondering how I was going to make it through during the butts & guts part. I had to stop a few times because I could not handle another second of some of the stuff she was having us do! It was fun to change it up & do some different types of exercises! I will definitely go back in the future!

To the person who asked about how to lose 20 lbs before Christmas (sorry, the topic review won't go back that far so I can't see who it was!), it can be done. We have about 10 more weeks until Christmas, so you would have to lose 2 lbs a week. It will be HARD & you really don't have room to mess up any of those weeks, but I think a really aggressive goal is what I need to keep myself 100% on track! Exercise isn't an issue for me because I LOVE going to the gym & work the rest of my life around my workouts, but sometimes the eating part is challenging when I have parties or family functions to go to, which will happen a lot more during the holiday season!
  • cmoutarimoussa
    cmoutarimoussa Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Im in As of 10/16/11 i was 229.4
  • IrishAngelBlessing
    IrishAngelBlessing Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am sorry! I think I missed the weigh-in this week! I am in different challenges with different weigh-in days. :embarassed: On 10/14/2011 I weighed 168.2. I am doing TurboFire and 30 Day Shred. Today is my rest day for TF so I am trying something new with the Zumba program I bought and never opened. I have the shoes for Zumba now, so here I go.
  • ashbergum
    ashbergum Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    There's just under ten weeks till Xmas, so 2 lbs per week. Work our butts off!! :)
  • AbbyWigintonBlack
    Options
    That's awesome! That must feel great! :) More than the weight loss, I like it when people notice :)

I had a couple people at work tell me that they can tell that I have lost weight and that I look great! I can see that some other people that I don't interact with everyday have been turning around to get a second look wondering what is different with me :)

Also I went and bought a smaller size jeans on Sunday. That felt soooooo good!

But.. but (there is a but).. TOM is here today (boooo). I have to stay low for a couple days now and hopefully the smaller size pants will motivate me again in 3 days ;-)

Ugh mine too! I hate that! I was used to losing about 2lbs a week, and then I got on the scale and had GAINED 3 lbs. I was so mad, and then I thought, ohhhh this is water weight. I love being a girl. :o\

Hopefully, we will be pleasantly surprised on Sunday when the effects of TOM are over.

Stay on track! I got your back!
  • Kerseygeek
    Options
    I a person who weighs everyday too. I have to to keep up my motivation. It lets me know when I've been less careful with my choices. I have already lost a bit this week but unfortunately it's due to being sick. I'm not getting any exercise in so I hope that my weight doesn't go back up before I'm feeling better. Not sure my weigh in this weekend is going to be better but I hope so. Losing 2lbs a week til Christmas will be a tall order since I have my daughter's birthday and Thanksgiving coming up. I will be working extra hard those weeks.
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hey folks! How are you all doing with your weight loss? I read the comments from a few of you who are trying something new, and that is WONDERFUL! Today at Zumba she decided to add a 5 minute song of just pure squats. Let's just say, my legs and butt are feeling sore! My TOM is coming as well, so I've been over indulging in the chocolate and the salt.. really bad. This is the worst binge I've had since I've started. It doesn't help they fed us Whoppers from BK for two days at the the two day meeting I was at. Terrible... I've tried to make it better by exercising more than I usually do during the week, but I feel like I did some baaaad stuff. I lost 3 lbs at the beginning of the week, I hope I didn't mess that up. Tomorrow is my day off, so I am going to go to the gym for a few hours, and then take a rest. I think I've been over-working as well to make up for the bad food I have been eating. Tonight at Zumba I literally ran out of energy. That never happens with me, I normally can go hard for a long, long time. (that's what she said...!)

No but really, it concerned me how light headed I got. I can also tell when I am eating badly because it makes it that much more difficult to exercise (like when you have those days where you have to struggle through every single minute you are running or working out...it's terrible) All I can do at this point is recognize my mistakes, move past them, and get back on my schedule tomorrow. I made a nice fresh, tasty! salad..and I'm pumped :)

So ladies, when you have those off days, or even when you have those off weeks... it's ok. Life happens. You can't be perfect every day or every week or every month, and I want you all to know that's OKAY! We are all human, we all indulge and we all suck sometimes! Myself included (majorly this week..) But you know what's great? At least we KNOW we are doing something bad ... we know we shouldn't be eating that, or missing work-outs... we feel guilty about it, right? That's the wonderful feeling of a healthy lifestyle. I think we have FINALLY made the 'diet' a permanent life change! So be excited you feel guilty, because months or years ago, this would have just been a typical eating day for you (me, at least). I ate fast food probably 3-4 times a week! (seriously... I'm not ashamed to say it). I ate it ALL the time, and my body actually became addicted to it. Now when I have it, I feel terribly.. my stomach hurts, and I can (this is going to sound weird) feel the sodium in my body, it's really terrible.

But I'm glad to have the feeling, it means that every other day I'm doing something right :) Anyway, sorry for the small book I left up there. I'm in need of a little motivation!

PS- Whoever has that Zumba tracker, PLEASE let me know how you did it! :D

HAVE A FANTASTIC WORK OUT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • JamiroJunior
    Options
    I'm in! :)