Motivated Momma's Week 4 (closed group)

Options

Replies

• losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options

I think I'm reaching a point where I really don't care what the number I see on the scale is, I did go back to checking it everyday, as long as I can see that my body is changing and becoming stronger and leaner.

I hope everyone else has had a great week, other than my week-end being a bit "off" ,this last week has been great!

Shawn you are such an inspiration! I can't wait to get to the point that you are at both physically and emotionally. I strive to recognize my progress in areas other than the scale but it is so hard because I feel like I still have so far to go. Keep up the good work!
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    Hey Mommas!

I have a request that I'd like to put out there to the group that is in no way related to weight loss but is simply from one mom to another...

I just got some very sad news about a friend's 8 week old baby girl that is sick. She's in the hospital and the doctors are not sure what is wrong and whether or not she will survive. The family is asking for positive thoughts/prayers to be sent their way. I'm not an overly religious person but I do belive in the power of positive thinking so I'd like to ask that if you are willing take a moment and send a mental "get well soon" to baby Madeline.

I hope this request doesn't offend anyone. But as mother I know if I were in Madeline's mom's shoes I'd ask for every spec of positivity I could find. So I'm asking everyone I know to join in.

Thanks and much love,
    Lynda
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Hate to say it Lynda, bad things must travel together, my sis-inlaw was just rushed to the hospital, she is 19 weeks pregnant and has HELLP syndrome. Her liver enzymes were so high they are afraid they may lose them both, God she's only 24, and this is her first pregnancy. The only treatment for HELLP is to deliver the baby, but if they have already waited to long they could still lose them both.......So ladies, any prayers, well wishes, blessings, or happy thoughts would be welcomed!
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    So sorry to hear that Shawn. both mom and baby are in my thoughts.
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Hey Mommas!

I have a request that I'd like to put out there to the group that is in no way related to weight loss but is simply from one mom to another...

I just got some very sad news about a friend's 8 week old baby girl that is sick. She's in the hospital and the doctors are not sure what is wrong and whether or not she will survive. The family is asking for positive thoughts/prayers to be sent their way. I'm not an overly religious person but I do belive in the power of positive thinking so I'd like to ask that if you are willing take a moment and send a mental "get well soon" to baby Madeline.

I hope this request doesn't offend anyone. But as mother I know if I were in Madeline's mom's shoes I'd ask for every spec of positivity I could find. So I'm asking everyone I know to join in.

Thanks and much love,
    Lynda

All my best wishes to this little girl, I hope she recovers quickly.
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Shawn and Lynda I am so sorry to hear about your friend and sister in law. Prayers and happy thoughts are being sent there way, and yours!
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    My Progress
    Starting MFP Weight: 286.6
    MM Starting Weight (9/21): 267.4
    Week 1 Weight (9/28): 269
    Week 2 Weight (10/5): 268.6
    Week 3 Weight (10/12): 266.6
    Week 4 Weight (10/19): 265.4
    Week loss/gain: -1.2
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    This week up again... :-(

Starting weight- 156.2
    Week 1-156.4
    Week 2-155.2
    Week 3- 158.2
    Week 4- 158.4

Gain: 0.2 lbs...

Also, this week I am increasing my calorie goal to 1400 from 1200.. I am not sure whats going wrong, anyways need to check on my measurements too..
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Hate to say it Lynda, bad things must travel together, my sis-inlaw was just rushed to the hospital, she is 19 weeks pregnant and has HELLP syndrome. Her liver enzymes were so high they are afraid they may lose them both, God she's only 24, and this is her first pregnancy. The only treatment for HELLP is to deliver the baby, but if they have already waited to long they could still lose them both.......So ladies, any prayers, well wishes, blessings, or happy thoughts would be welcomed!

I hope both of them recover soon..they are in prayers too
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    My Progress

good job!
  • losinit_4_good
    Options

Starting weight- 156.2
    Week 1-156.4
    Week 2-155.2
    Week 3- 158.2
    Week 4- 158.4

Also, this week I am increasing my calorie goal to 1400 from 1200.. I am not sure whats going wrong, anyways need to check on my measurements too..

I made that same increase about a month ago and it made a big difference for me. most days now I'm between 1300-1400 and I've been feeling better and losing. at the end of the day, it never hurts to try. so much of this is trial and error and figuring out what works best for your own body. good luck!
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options

Oh my! My thoughts and prayers go out to them both! I hope mom and baby pull through this!
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 258
    Starting MM weight: 241.3
    Week 1 weight: 239.4
    Week 2 weight: 237.2
    Week 3 Weight: 236.6
    Week 4 Weight: 236.6
    Weekly +/-: 0
    Total loss: 21.4

No loss this week, I kinda expected that after the break that I took while I was sick. Next week will be better, Im sure of it!
    I got 21 pts this week...SHOCKER! I didnt get alot of things done but I was able to control my food and water and get most of the emotional pts!
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 244.8
    Last week: 213.4
    This week: 213.6
    Weekly +/-: +.02 :grumble:

I'm really not that suprised, I have had a trying couple of weeks. Now it is on to next week!
  • NewLife_11
    Options

Starting weight- 156.2
    Week 1-156.4
    Week 2-155.2
    Week 3- 158.2
    Week 4- 158.4

I think increasing your calories may really help you, all I know is you work so hard so maybe just change a few things up. You got this!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    My Progress

You are on a roll!! Awesome Job!!:drinker:
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Hey Mommas!

Thanks and much love,
    Lynda

All my best wishes to this little girl, I hope she recovers quickly.

I am so sorry ladies, I will send lots of positive thoughts your way.
  • NewLife_11
    Options

I think I'm reaching a point where I really don't care what the number I see on the scale is, I did go back to checking it everyday, as long as I can see that my body is changing and becoming stronger and leaner.

I hope everyone else has had a great week, other than my week-end being a bit "off" ,this last week has been great!

Shawn you are such an inspiration! I can't wait to get to the point that you are at both physically and emotionally. I strive to recognize my progress in areas other than the scale but it is so hard because I feel like I still have so far to go. Keep up the good work!

I agree with Lynda completely! Rock on Mama!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Here is my weigh in:
    Starting Weight: 129
    Week 1: 130
    Week 2: 129
    Week 3: 127
    Week 4: 125

Loss this week of 2 pounds!!

You weigh 125 lbs!!!!! That is truly amazing, you just keep pushing and amaze me all the time!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Starting weight: 261 (May 31, 2011)
    Starting MM weight: 226.5
    Week 1 weight: 224.7
    Wee2 weight: 225.3
    Week 3 Weight: 225.3
    Week 4 Weight: 222.9
    Weekly +/-: -2.4
    Total loss: - 38.1lbs

I'm so close to 40lbs lost I can taste it!

That's my partner!! Whoo Hoo!! Though she is leaving me in the dust!!LOL I couldn't be more proud of you Girl!