Motivated Momma's Week 4 (closed group)

Options

Replies

• momof2_0710
    momof2_0710 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies sorry I have been MIA. I came down with a nasty sinus infection. But I got some good news: I lost a pound. yayyy.. But I'm not going to record it just yet. It might just be because I havent been eating right. We will see on Wednesday. Hope you all had a great weekend.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Emotional Challenge Day 6:
    Today I am proud of myself for not giving up. Despite not working out much over the weekend, being tired, having no motivation and just plain wanting to eat junk, I am proud of myself because this morning I got up before everyone (which I always do anyways), and I went out for a walk. I walked for 25 minutes before coming home to start breakfasts and get Caeleb ready for school, but it was great because it gave me time to think about what I wanted for myself. I WANT to be healthy and exercise and feel better about myself, I just realize that I can't push myself everyday because then I get burnt out and I don't want to do anything. However, after my brisk walk this morning, it gave me motivation to workout more today than I normally do.

Here's today's points breakdown:
    Total of 28 Possible Points are available this week! 25 challenge + 3 bonus. Remember to keep track on the spreadsheet!

Cardio Challenge: 5 Possible Points
    Part 1
    Something new: 3/3 YAY :)

Part 2
    Log your calories every day : 0/1 point (waiting until the end to make sure I do it everyday)

Part 3
    Beat last weeks calories burnt: 0/1 point (waiting until the end to make sure I do it)

Strength challenge: 3 + 3 Bonus = 6 Possible Points
    Day1: Completed 1/1 point
    Day 2: Completed 1/1 point
    Day 3: Completed 1/1 point

Bonus point-
    http://www.exercise.com/exercise/hundreds
    (Note- you can keep your knee bent in the 90 degree angle and you can do it in sets or all at once)
    Do the hundreds for 3 days and earn 3 bonus points: Completed 2 days, still need to do 1 more
    Do 50 for 3 days and earn 2 bonus points
    Do 25 for 3 days and earn 1 bonus point

Food challenge: 10 Possible Points
    Part 1: No eating after 8pm. Lets try to stay away from the kitchens starting at 8pm 5 days this week: 3/5 points--Not today :(
    Part 2: Drink all 8 recommended glasses of water at least 5 days this week: 5/5 points--Completed today :)

Emotional Challenge: 7 Possible Points
    6/7 points

Today's points: 2 points
    Total: 20/28 points
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Total of 28 Possible Points

Cardio Challenge: 5 Possible Points
    Part 1 - Try Something New 1/3pt
    Part 2 - Log your calories every day 0/1 point
    Part 3 - Beat last week’s calories burnt 0/1 point

Strength challenge: 3 + 3 Bonus = 6 Possible Points

Part 1 – 1/1
    Monkey abs do one set of 60 seconds
    Airplane Leans do one set of 30 seconds each leg

Part 2 – 1/1
    Alternating Heal touch do one set of 60 seconds
    Double leg lifts do one set of 60 seconds

Part 3 – 0/1
    Single leg lifts do one set of 60 seconds
    Single leg stretch do one set of 60 seconds

Bonus point- 0/3
    Do the hundreds for 3 days and earn 3 bonus points
    Do 50 for 3 days and earn 2 bonus points
    Do 25 for 3 days and earn 1 bonus point

Food challenge:
    Part 1 - No eating after 8pm 5/5
    Part 2: Drink all 8 recommended glasses of water 5/5

Emotional Challenge 6/7

Monday Points = 3
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Emotional Challenge Day 4:
    Today I am proud of myself because I completed my first ever 5K. Even though I walked most of it, I walked as fast as I could the entire time, while pushing Casyn in a stroller, and I did run/jog some of it. I didn't get the best time and I was dissapointed, but the most exciting thing is that I can't wait to do another one! I'm still not a runner by any means, but just the idea that I can just walk a 5K (and not be the last person or even if the last group of people to finish), is a huge accomplishment for me! I am actually proud of myself today :)

You are one awesome lady!! Look how far you have come!! You are a great inspiration to us all, thank you!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    I wanted to share something with you quickly before I log out and pass out...

Today I ran my first 1/2 marathon. A year ago I couldn't run 5K.
    Today I conquered my wall; I accomplished something beyond my comfort zone... I actually did it!
    Today I realized that I do not give myself enough credit. Feels kind of weird saying that...

I want each and every one of you to give yourself the credit you deserve; you are all amazing people, on a tough but rewarding journey towards health!

xoxo Amy

Great job Amy!!A 1/2 marathon is a great accomplishment! I would love to see pictures! I hope to be able to do something like that by next summer.

You truly inspire me!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Im back!!!! Ugh im so behind and I didnt ever think I was going to get better! I was feeling good friday morning, tried to workout a little and ended up in the ER getting IV fluids and breathing treatments, scolded by the doc for not letting myself get over this before I started working out again and sent home with my tail between my legs! However yesterday I was feeling back to normal, and my husband made me stay in bed...i was not happy! Im so sick of laying down and not working out! Today im well and feeling great and ready to get back to my normal life! I feel terribly guilty for not checking in over the weekend or trying to keep up with things on here, but I was not allowed, because the more I got on here the more I wanted to get up and do something! I will try to see what kind of points I got this weekend, probably just the food pts but ohwell! So glad to be back with you ladies!

So glad you are feeling better! Don't feel guilty for not checking in, sometimes we have to take care of other things in life and as you learned over doing only gets you in trouble. Make sure to take it easy and ease back into everything, glad you are back with us!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Emotional Challenge Day 6 -
    I would have to say that my raising self-esteem is a huge accomplishment for me. I feel like the more I take care of myself that better I feel about myself. On the days that I make good food choices and work out I feel great, on the days that I make so so food choices I might not feel as great, but I still feel pretty good knowing that the next day will be better. I feel comfortable in my clothes and I am not constantly tugging at them and readjusting them anymore, they fit better and some are too big. The prospect on shopping is still not one that I enjoy but I don't dread it as much as I used too. I guess you could say, I just feel good today!
    Also, another thing I am happy about it I have a trip to see my family next week. I am really excited about it! The last few times have been hard, having just started to workout and lose weight, but I feel like I can do it this time, no problem. My plan is to eat the best choices that I have, and get up and go for a walk with my little boy, and maybe my mom every morning. I know exactly what path I will take to make sure I get at least 2 miles in. I have conference in myself and my abilities to do this.

It is great you have a "plan" I think that will help so much and congrats on having the confidence to stand tall and feel good about you! You have worked so hard and deserve all of this!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    My self esteem this week has been very up and down. I work at a ski area and there are alot of employees so people have been commenting on my weight loss which is great! But I feel like I need to plan my food better, I have been working long hours so by the time I get home, I throw my hands up and say " I don't care whats for dinner" that is what lead me here so I really need to be better about meal planning. I also have been feeling guilty about not working out as often as I was before I started work, I just have to wake up earlier and I know this. It makes my day so much better but when my alarm goes off I have a really hard time waking up. Hopefully this week is more successful for me.

Todays points
    Food- 2
    Emo- 1
    Try something new- 1 ( my yard sale treadmill I bought this summer, it is awesome!)
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    My self esteem this week has been very up and down. I work at a ski area and there are alot of employees so people have been commenting on my weight loss which is great! But I feel like I need to plan my food better, I have been working long hours so by the time I get home, I throw my hands up and say " I don't care whats for dinner" that is what lead me here so I really need to be better about meal planning. I also have been feeling guilty about not working out as often as I was before I started work, I just have to wake up earlier and I know this. It makes my day so much better but when my alarm goes off I have a really hard time waking up. Hopefully this week is more successful for me.

Todays points
    Food- 2
    Emo- 1
    Try something new- 1 ( my yard sale treadmill I bought this summer, it is awesome!)

Karie!
    You should try some crock pot meals. I saw some yummy tasting ones on skinnytaste.com .
  • amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member
    Options

Todays points
    Food- 2
    Emo- 1

The self-esteem roller coaster is NOT a fun ride! You will always "need" to do something better, that's the nature of life- continually challenging ourselves to be our best BUT that being said, to be human is also the nature of life and humans make mistakes/ are not perfect. I have such a hard time with this!

Although I have not met you face to face, I can see some of the amazing gifts you have (thinking outside the box, compassionate, organizationally talented, to name a few)... amongst all of that, I am confident that you will find the resources to overcome this roller coaster ride.:heart:

I love "LoveNevrNds"'s crock pot idea; perfect!
  • amyelizbradley
    Options
    I wanted to share something with you quickly before I log out and pass out...

Today I ran my first 1/2 marathon. A year ago I couldn't run 5K.
    Today I conquered my wall; I accomplished something beyond my comfort zone... I actually did it!
    Today I realized that I do not give myself enough credit. Feels kind of weird saying that...

I want each and every one of you to give yourself the credit you deserve; you are all amazing people, on a tough but rewarding journey towards health!

xoxo Amy

You will! A year ago, I couldn't even run a 5K; if I can do it, anybody can! :wink:

Great job Amy!!A 1/2 marathon is a great accomplishment! I would love to see pictures! I hope to be able to do something like that by next summer.

You truly inspire me!
  • amyelizbradley
    Options
    Thanks all for letting me be apart of your team, but I know I have to give up my spot to someone who can really participate. I was sick with a virus since Friday and my back is still messed up, so I wish you all continued luck on your weight loss journey. I am not quitting on my journey, I will join a group after my back gets better and some of my day to day responsibilities calm down. I will also continue to use the site to keep track of my weight loss and food/exercise journal.

Final weight:
    Starting- 270 (On my journey since August)
    First Wk- 259
    Second Wk- 527
    Third Wk- 582
    Fourth Wk- 255.2
    -3lbs

I think being sick helped:embarassed: See you all and have fun:wink:

Take care of yourself; you are always welcome!
  • amyelizbradley
    Options
    Im back!!!! Ugh im so behind and I didnt ever think I was going to get better! I was feeling good friday morning, tried to workout a little and ended up in the ER getting IV fluids and breathing treatments, scolded by the doc for not letting myself get over this before I started working out again and sent home with my tail between my legs! However yesterday I was feeling back to normal, and my husband made me stay in bed...i was not happy! Im so sick of laying down and not working out! Today im well and feeling great and ready to get back to my normal life! I feel terribly guilty for not checking in over the weekend or trying to keep up with things on here, but I was not allowed, because the more I got on here the more I wanted to get up and do something! I will try to see what kind of points I got this weekend, probably just the food pts but ohwell! So glad to be back with you ladies!

Sooooo glad that you are on the mend!
  • amyelizbradley
    Options
    Hi ladies sorry I have been MIA. I came down with a nasty sinus infection. But I got some good news: I lost a pound. yayyy.. But I'm not going to record it just yet. It might just be because I havent been eating right. We will see on Wednesday. Hope you all had a great weekend.

Glad that you are on the mend! Sinus infections are no fun!
  • NewLife_11
    Options

Karie!
    You should try some crock pot meals. I saw some yummy tasting ones on skinnytaste.com .
    [/quote]

I love skinnytaste.com, that is a great idea maybe i will plan meals for this week with the crockpot. Thanks!
  • NewLife_11
    Options

Todays points
    Food- 2
    Emo- 1

The self-esteem roller coaster is NOT a fun ride! You will always "need" to do something better, that's the nature of life- continually challenging ourselves to be our best BUT that being said, to be human is also the nature of life and humans make mistakes/ are not perfect. I have such a hard time with this!

Although I have not met you face to face, I can see some of the amazing gifts you have (thinking outside the box, compassionate, organizationally talented, to name a few)... amongst all of that, I am confident that you will find the resources to overcome this roller coaster ride.:heart:

I love "LoveNevrNds"'s crock pot idea; perfect!

Thank you Amy, you are such a great support person in this group and I am so glad you are here with us!
  • amyelizbradley
    Options
    MO. 10/17 (posted on "Motivated Mommas" thread & on spreadsheet)

CARDIO:
    Part 1, something new (3/3) = n/a
    Part 2, log cals burned(4/7) = yes

STRENGTH:
    Part 1(3/3) = n/a
    Bonus (3/3) = n/a

FOOD:
    Part 1, no eat. after 8pm (3/5) = yes
    Part 2, water (5/5) = n/a

EMOTIONAL:
    How is your self esteem? not so good today, believe it or not... this AM = great, this evening not so great; feeling a little over stressed and having trouble letting go of that... hard thing to do.
    Accomplishment (6/7)= Got up and went to the gym this morning.
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    I know I am asking late and I apologize but if there any takers for next week's challenges that would be awesome!

Cardio:

Strength:

Food:

Emotional:

Please past and copy
  • amyelizbradley
    Options

Thank you Amy, you are such a great support person in this group and I am so glad you are here with us!

You are very welcome!
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Oy oy.... So, I had GREAT plans of the excellent job I was going to do with this week's challenge... and my weekend got the better of me instead. Hubby was home, so there were some stressors, plus I had a trade show to do on Saturday, and the third and final thanksgiving supper on Sunday. In that I didn't even log my calories.. which sometimes I think I didn't do too bad, but I know there were a LOT of "old choices" in there too. Aaargh! Stress!! ( not over the food.. just everything else!) With everything going on, I didn't even have the computer on for much of the weekend , so there wasn't even much opportunity. It was interesting reading some of the emotional challenges-- especially the "sloppy clothes" thing-- that's EXACTLY where I was this weekend. I never would have linked the 2 together before, but holy crap...

On the plus side, I did get in a "bootcamp" class here in town, and it was exactly what I needed. It felt SO good, I got my endorphin rush, and I got to remember why I love classes with REAL people, rather than being in front of a DVD at home. And I had never been before, so it was something new, and I didn't die!! ( plus, I get a point!! Lol...) I signed up for the next 6 weeks too, so now that I've paid for it, I'll make sure I go too!! ;)