<3 support group for women eating 2000+ calories per day <3

Options

Replies

• hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I heart peanut butter...I go through a jar a week...BY MYSELF LOL....and bananas...lord do I love my bananas....Put them together then ...BAM...I'm in heaven :)
  • caiconCristi
    caiconCristi Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Well ladies, it's official...I think I'm sick! Grrrr! I couldn't get out the door early to run before the heat because I woke up with a sore throat and sinus problems. I had a jump lesson on my horse and felt ok so I'm gonna to to the gym and run on the treadmill and see what happens...I better not be sick on Sat! I have 6 miles to run on my training schedule, Ugh! I'm a bad sick person.....Bought the 30 DS DVD and thought I would start that tomorrow.

Tameko-I'm 5'6" also, so we are probably pretty similar. I don't go by what they say I should be on the charts...if I weighed that little then I would have no muscles so I'll stick to a goal of 150 with a possible 145 if I'm really feeling motivated :)

Love4fit-Sorry about the toe...those really suck!!

I can not find any protein powder that doesn't have Soy or Lecithin in it....so frustrated. I'm trying to avoid all soy due to my hypothyroid.

I hope you feel better! On Day 5 of the 30DS. It's good. Can't wait to see the results. I am 5'6 as well. I am at 142 right now and it's fine. My goal is 130 but I am in no hurry. I want to eat! I want to eat healthy and I want my body to be fit and toned. I recently lost 14lbs that I put on by eating poorly and not exercising. I'm thrilled I have pants to wear again. I just don't want to starve or believe there is some quick fix. Want to feel good mentally and physically about what I eat and how I treat my body. Haven't always been successful with that!
    Let me know what you think of 30DS! cristi
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Breakfast Today: 780 calories! Yum.
  • caiconCristi
    caiconCristi Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
    Cristi
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    ritajean3

Oh and I'm Australian so id which I can get here.

hiya. i'm an aussie too... in Perth. Whereabouts are you? :)
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Foods I always have on hand. I always always make sure I carry an apple with me in my bag when going out just in case I get stuck and need a snack

On the question of eating clean. Yep i mostly eat lean meats, chicken, tuna, soy milk, fresh fruit and veg, wholegrain breads and cereals and sometimes some yoghurt and cheese.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    kind of tired today. I got my cardio in this morning. eeked it out even though it felt like my legs wanted to stop. I feel much better now.

My breakfast:

ww tortilla with egg whites and cheddar cheese
    100 calories of cheese its
    coffee
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Okay, the food I always have on hand is eggs. I start to get stressed out when the eggs are getting low. Other things I like to have every day, but if I am out one or two days it is okay is almonds (roasted no salt, dark chocolate and cinnamon flavors), greek yogurt (love chobani pineapple flavor). The rest, I just improvise with what is on hand.
    I am back down a little bit of the sodium weight I gained this week. One more pound to get to my previous low. I was worried because I have been super hungry this week and eating at the higher end of my range, but I am doing alright.
    I would love to have some of you like minded people as friends!
    I plan to start P90x soon, my DH is going to be starting it with my two DS and I said I would do it with them. I am worried because I suck at body weight type exercises, pushups, pullups, situps etc.
    I am also looking at NROLFW, may ask for the book for Christmas.
    I love love love that you guys eat and love to work out!!!! I feel like I'm home <3
    Options
    Okay, the food I always have on hand is eggs. I start to get stressed out when the eggs are getting low. Other things I like to have every day, but if I am out one or two days it is okay is almonds (roasted no salt, dark chocolate and cinnamon flavors), greek yogurt (love chobani pineapple flavor). The rest, I just improvise with what is on hand.
    I am back down a little bit of the sodium weight I gained this week. One more pound to get to my previous low. I was worried because I have been super hungry this week and eating at the higher end of my range, but I am doing alright.
    I would love to have some of you like minded people as friends!
    I plan to start P90x soon, my DH is going to be starting it with my two DS and I said I would do it with them. I am worried because I suck at body weight type exercises, pushups, pullups, situps etc.
    I am also looking at NROLFW, may ask for the book for Christmas.
    I love love love that you guys eat and love to work out!!!! I feel like I'm home <3

aaw...I wish more women would just embrace it. What we're doing is what our bodies are designed to do. I read an amazing explanation of why calorie restriction can be quite detrimental to weight loss actually. I will post a link for everyone!

Don't be afraid of weight bearing exercise..it gets easier and during the weeks when you're struggling your body is making the most dramatic changes.
    Options
    read this ladies...respond with your thoughts! :)

http://danceswithfat.wordpress.com/2011/06/02 /calories-incalories-out-science-says-no/
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options

http://danceswithfat.wordpress.com/2011/06/02 /calories-incalories-out-science-says-no/

First - I have that t-shirt :-)

Second - I disagree with the article. Mostly because it IS calories in-calories out. Her (?) point of contention is not actually with that, but rather with the margin of error in calculating the "calories out" side. If we all got detailed metabolic testing we would have a far more accurate picture of how our individual bodies metabolize food and know with far more accuracy how many "calories out" each of us is burning. I don't know about you, but my insurance doesn't cover that!

So, her point at #1 is wrong. If protein or fat is being broken down and recombined into cell membranes or whatever, they ARE being stored. They don't just disappear. But this is just part of normal cell turnover. It's not like you have 1lb of neurons when you're 20, and 20lbs of neurons when you're 60.

Point #2 (and its bonus corollary at the end) are wrong, because we don't assert that any mathematical calculation is 100% accurate for every single person. It's a rough estimate, a good starting point for the majority of people. Trial and error or direct metabolic testing will reveal our true "calories out" number.

Point #3 is wrong, because "efficiency of a machine" has to do with how much energy is directly converted into work as opposed to being lost as heat. Yes, our bodies are pretty inefficient. But that heat also maintains our body temperature at ~98.6 degrees.

Point #4 - well, that just fails the logic test, because obviously many people ARE able to maintain stable healthy weights in the long term.

Everyone wants there to be something "new" in biochemistry, because calories in-calories out is so unsexy.
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    A little about me:
    5'2 178lbs
    I would love to get around 125-130
    I'm slowly upping my calories to reach the 2000 mark.Yesterday I got up to 1862 calories so I'm getting there. I lift heavy and cycling about 75-100 miles per week. I workout 5-6 days per week and love to eat!! Breakfast today was 640 calories and 50grams of Protein. I love my protein. The best tasting protein shake I've found is Cytosport Muscle Milk Cake Batter flavor! Yummy!! Can't eat bananas because they give me horrible gas!! :noway:
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options

I disagree with this article as well.

I was disappointed today today to get on the scale and see a 2 pound gain :(
    My official weigh in day is Sat. but still. This is not unusual for me, I have gained and lost the same 5-7 pounds since feb! But the past 2 weeks I lost (2 pounds naturally) so I was hoping that it would stay off. Getting so depressed about this. I am wondering if it is because I increased my calories again. Basically 3 weeks ago I started doing WW again, but still counted calories along with points. I naturally decreased overal calories to stay within my points, and my average calorie intake was 1700. I usually have an overall average burn of about 2400-2800 according to my bodymedia. Then last week more MFP'er were telling me to eat at the 2000 mark, so i have been increasing and now a gain. Coincidence?? Not sure what to do. This week so far my average intake is about 1900.
    Anyone have any thoughts??
    I am starting week 5 of p90x tomorrow!
    Options

First - I have that t-shirt :-)

Second - I disagree with the article. Mostly because it IS calories in-calories out. Her (?) point of contention is not actually with that, but rather with the margin of error in calculating the "calories out" side. If we all got detailed metabolic testing we would have a far more accurate picture of how our individual bodies metabolize food and know with far more accuracy how many "calories out" each of us is burning. I don't know about you, but my insurance doesn't cover that!

So, her point at #1 is wrong. If protein or fat is being broken down and recombined into cell membranes or whatever, they ARE being stored. They don't just disappear. But this is just part of normal cell turnover. It's not like you have 1lb of neurons when you're 20, and 20lbs of neurons when you're 60.

Point #2 (and its bonus corollary at the end) are wrong, because we don't assert that any mathematical calculation is 100% accurate for every single person. It's a rough estimate, a good starting point for the majority of people. Trial and error or direct metabolic testing will reveal our true "calories out" number.

Point #3 is wrong, because "efficiency of a machine" has to do with how much energy is directly converted into work as opposed to being lost as heat. Yes, our bodies are pretty inefficient. But that heat also maintains our body temperature at ~98.6 degrees.

Point #4 - well, that just fails the logic test, because obviously many people ARE able to maintain stable healthy weights in the long term.

Everyone wants there to be something "new" in biochemistry, because calories in-calories out is so unsexy.

Interesting perspective. Thanks for that. I enjoyed reading it! :)
    Options

My official weigh in day is Sat. but still. This is not unusual for me, I have gained and lost the same 5-7 pounds since feb! But the past 2 weeks I lost (2 pounds naturally) so I was hoping that it would stay off. Getting so depressed about this. I am wondering if it is because I increased my calories again. Basically 3 weeks ago I started doing WW again, but still counted calories along with points. I naturally decreased overal calories to stay within my points, and my average calorie intake was 1700. I usually have an overall average burn of about 2400-2800 according to my bodymedia. Then last week more MFP'er were telling me to eat at the 2000 mark, so i have been increasing and now a gain. Coincidence?? Not sure what to do. This week so far my average intake is about 1900.

It is simply too soon to conclude that you are in fact gaining. I ate ~2200 calories yesterday, more than my 2000 daily, and today my weight is up 1.8 pounds...that extra 200 calories has mass but does not equate to 3500*1.8 calories so CANNOT be an actual cause of my gain today.

My point is that food has weight, water has weight, and when we increase out calories what is inside our digestive system shows up on the scale. I wouldn't reduce them just yet. By all measures you should be losing so just wait it out.

I know it's discouraging and difficult to keep at it when it seems we are gaining! We are here for you! just wait it out girlie!
    Options
    I've been eating maintenance calories of between 1800 - 2600 since June. Lost a lot of cm's but not much on the scale!

Now I've decided to aim for around 1800 gross calories a day. I still want to lose another 4 - 6 kg to get to about 58 kg.

I'm so happy!! Today I broke through my 3 month plateau. Been hovering between 64 and 65. Today I Lost 0.6 kg. Now i'm in the 63's. 63.4 kg. Wow I couldn't believe it!!

Looks like 1800 gross calories is the correct amount for me to lose weight. woohoo. haha and when i went clothes shopping this arvo i got into some size 8 pants and tops. :) Was so excited.

1800 "gross" calories meaning 1800 in regardless of burn for the day right? That's awesome that you broke through your plateau! Congrats!
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Options

It is simply too soon to conclude that you are in fact gaining. I ate ~2200 calories yesterday, more than my 2000 daily, and today my weight is up 1.8 pounds...that extra 200 calories has mass but does not equate to 3500*1.8 calories so CANNOT be an actual cause of my gain today.

My point is that food has weight, water has weight, and when we increase out calories what is inside our digestive system shows up on the scale. I wouldn't reduce them just yet. By all measures you should be losing so just wait it out.

I know it's discouraging and difficult to keep at it when it seems we are gaining! We are here for you! just wait it out girlie!

I would have to agree. I am pretty much in the same boat as you and this last week saw a 4 pound gain (yikes), but I knew one of the recipes I made was higher sodium than I was used to and I knew it was ovulation week for me (which I usually gain a little), so I waited it out. I am down 3 of those pounds and am hoping to get back to my low this week. I was on a plateau for the last half of the summer too and finally broke it at the end of september by upping calories. Now I am stuck again, but I am leaving my calories alone and just trying to switch things around (workouts, food). Hang in there, I am right there with you.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    THANKS YOU GUYS!!

It means so much to hear that!!! I just bought the Tom Venuto burn the fat feed the muscle and cant wait to read it!! I am leaving work soon and going home to EAT!!!!
  • B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Ok, so today starts officially bumping up my calories! & I have decided I am not going to weigh myself until Nov.12th. The morning of my Tough Mudder Race! I think that will give me enough time to determine if this is working for me. I'm just going to trust my body.

Also, I have a question...Today, after my workout I will have burned between 900-1000. Which means if I ate all my exercise calories I'd be eating about 2600 calories today. That seems very high. So should I just am for 2,000 or should I eat all of my exercise calories?
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    RE: Clean eating - Well, I eat cleaner than before. I strive to eat clean[er]. But I don't like to cook. My husband enjoys it more than I do, and he's fairly health-conscious. I have vastly changed my eating habits since starting weight loss. I gave up Coke and pretty much only drink water. I've increased my veggie intake, and am working on the fruits. I love a good filet mignon. I've tried quinoa and hope to eat it more regularly. I just fell in love with spaghetti squash. One reason I'm trying to stay away from packaged goods is the sodium. I'm working on losing the belly fat, and lots of sodium = bloating. I still fail a lot in my food diary because the big, fat red numbers linger at the bottom of my columns at the end of the day. I am not perfect at this by any means (see stocked foods below). Working on balance, here. :ohwell:

RE: Food on hand - I like to keep the following foods stocked:
    Coconut Dream Coconut Drink
    Kashi Go Lean Toasted Berry Crumble (I'm addicted to this!)
    Skinny Pop Popcorn
    Kraft Fat Free Thousand Island dressing
    Tzatziki Greek Yogurt Dip (from Costco. Love it!)
    Chocolate Peppermint Luna bars (can't forget this one. Love it!)

And non-processed foods:
    Goat cheese
    Romaine lettuce
    Golden Raisins
    Avocados
    Tomatoes
    Cucumbers
    Red Peppers