<3 support group for women eating 2000+ calories per day <3

Options

Replies

• lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Brecka - If you're just starting to bump up your calories, you really don't have to go all in at once. Aim for 2000 if you can, but you can also start adding calories incrementally e.g. add 50 calories, then the next day add 50 more, or 100. You won't suffer if you don't immediately eat 2000 calories in one day; you might see a big jump in weight gain and then blame the extra calories right away. Your body needs to adjust to this new way of thinking for yourself. Eat as many exercise calories as you can, and just start pacing yourself. You will learn to listen to your body to know how much it can take.

After being crabby, irritable and mean on 1200 calories in the beginning months, I upped to 1400 calories and felt much freer to eat. I'm now at maintenance and still working my way up to 2000 calories. The point is that I am not restricting myself as much, because I know I am working out hard and need to fuel my muscles for them to gain strength. New way of thinking, no? :happy:
  • caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Clean: Not totally. I do aim for whole, unprocessed foods, but fall short a lot. Prime example: My local Costco just put out a packaged raw turkey breast for sale, ready to cook. Yes, it has a brine solution. But yesterday I was so flippin' busy from work that when I got home, I opened the package, threw the turkey breast on a roasting pan, poured a package of pre-cut/diced butternut squash into another pan -- also from Costco -- threw some cut-up butter cubes on top of that with a drizzle of olive oil, stuffed everything into the oven, and turned it on. Then I went back to work. An hour later -- dinner. It was either that or order fast food/delivery, and I'd already had a carb-heavy lunch. Lesser of two evils. :(

Foods on hand: Ditto on the eggs. You can make a lot of different meals with just eggs and a couple of other ingredients. :D I also try to keep milk on hand (pairs well with eggs/egg dishes), ground turkey (so versatile!), potatoes (my weakness), and rice (my heritage).
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Ladies! Why don't we ditch our scales? I sometimes still use my scale as a baseline, but I don't let it depress me anymore - I used to let that little white nazi dictate my mood for an entire day. I got on the scale the other day and was up 4.5 lbs, but then I measured myself and was actually down nearly an inch in my waist. They're like a bad boyfriend; totally unpredictable and abusive to our self esteem.

As for eating clean - I try to. But, I can't live without my Baby Bell cheese wheels and my Fiber 1 bars. I'd go crazy. Other than that, pretty much everything else is fresh. I love to cook and my mom is a chef so I get some great ideas from her.

Sodium: I'm lucky, or unlucky, depending on how you look at it. I have really low blood pressure and also have Orthostatic Hypotension which makes me feel like I'm going to pass out when I stand up - this is worse when I exercise. I get super dizzy after a good workout. So, my Dr. told me to double my sodium intake. It's nice not having to worry about it, but I don't like feeling like I'm going to pass out all the time!

oh - for breakfast, I had a HUGE Peanut Butter, Banana and Chocolate whey protein smoothie. I could eat 3 of those a day!
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'd love to ditch my scale and would be up for it in the near future, but I hate to do it right now and find out a month down the road that I was eating a few too many (or too little) calories. I need to keep a close eye on things right now. Once I know I am on the right track, I would love to!
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I've already ditched my scale. Haven't weighed myself in months. It's like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, pun intended.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I had decided to only weigh weekly now that I'm in a surplus (or trying to be) but yeah, I gave in this morning, and found I lost a pound. So I may have to start eating more...
  • jomatho
    Options
    I am so jealous, I am ruled by the scale and it sucks. I just don't want to waste time and find out down the road I haven't been losing or worse, gaining. Hmmmm, it sure would be liberating!
  • jomatho
    Options
    I had decided to only weigh weekly now that I'm in a surplus (or trying to be) but yeah, I gave in this morning, and found I lost a pound. So I may have to start eating more...
    Now that is a good problem to have if you ask me!!! You are my idol, you are similar stats to me/where I want to be.
  • Rae6503
    Options
    Now that is a good problem to have if you ask me!!! You are my idol, you are similar stats to me/where I want to be.

Yeah, not bad at all. And I'm not one who is going to need help eating more. I've got that covered. :laugh:
  • jomatho
    Options

Yeah, not bad at all. And I'm not one who is going to need help eating more. I've got that covered. :laugh:

You sure you don't need any higher calorie snack suggestions? lol
  • ketoandbarbell
    ketoandbarbell Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I would like to join you! For 2 1/2 years I have been trying to be healthier. I am done with starving myself, not worth it! I am 33, wife and a mother to DS 12 and DD 7 and TTC #3. 5'6" and 175 and eating between 1750 (non workout) to over 2200. I have a slightly physical job as a massage therapist,out of my home, so I am never to far from food! Would like to lose another 25 lbs but i feel healthy, just dont like the jiggle thats left. :grumble:

My favorite go to meal is oatmeal with a banana and peanut butter. YUMMY I could eat that over chocolate most days.

Clean eating is something that I try to do but can be hard. I tend to work more in the evenings so sometimes i dont have time to cook and the family hates leftovers.

Foods on hand is greek yogurt, cottage cheese, protein bars and powders, eggs, avocados.

TluvK - I also have low blood pressure and the docs said to increase sodium, almost 2 weeks ago I actully passed out, when I was sitting from my BP dropping to fast. People think I am weird when I tell them I need more salt in my diet, glad to know I am not crazy! :laugh:
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

To those that are upping their calories soon, or those that recently have and have noticed a gain - if you google Fat2Fit they have a great podcast about a woman who was plateau-ing with her weight loss, basically they told her to up her calories as she clearly wasn't eating enough and actually give her body the fuel it needs. Anyways, the podcast is interesting in the way they explain the small gain that happened, but she then continued to loose again.

I weigh in every morning - but I actually couldn't care less about the number that shows, I just note it down and carry on. I use my clothes as my guide, its far more satisfying! I know that when I had my wisdom teeth out I lost 3kgs and now I've gained about 900g of that back with regular eating again - I notice it, but it doesn't devastate me like it might have in the past.

Hubby rolled over in bed last night and said "geez, look how skinny you are now!" hehe so cute! Hes been well trained, whenever I ask how I look in something he will say "you look great, you look skinny" or "strong" or "look at those guns!" hehe. Love him!

So my food that I always have around is apples, bananas and eggs mmmm

I don't really eat clean, I mean I make all our own food, we never have takeaways or go out to eat mainly because I really enjoy cooking and experimenting! But I still have these amazing rice chip things that I love, I still eat muesli (granola?) bars every day cos I don't have the time (or the inclination) to make my own. I think I do pretty good! I don't drink soda at all, and I've completely gone off alcohol.....geez don't I sound like the LIFE of the party!!

xx
  • psych101
    Options

oh....but, but rachel, I'm having problems, I can't even eat my 1200 calories!!! Its just too much!! I get so full!!

hahahahahhahaahhahaha

I love that at least ONE of those threads is posted every.single.day. I'm like seriously?! 1200 is ma breakfast HA!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options

oh....but, but rachel, I'm having problems, I can't even eat my 1200 calories!!! Its just too much!! I get so full!!

hahahahahhahaahhahaha

I love that at least ONE of those threads is posted every.single.day. I'm like seriously?! 1200 is ma breakfast HA!

I feel quite bad for how self-deluded they are. If I have a stomach full of lettuce leaves and healthy protein, even if my stomach feels uncomfortably full, my body still provides hunger pangs to tell me it has insufficient energy. Are their bodies really that easily fooled?
  • Rae6503
    Options
    I literally ate over 1000 calories before noon today.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

To those that are upping their calories soon, or those that recently have and have noticed a gain - if you google Fat2Fit they have a great podcast about a woman who was plateau-ing with her weight loss, basically they told her to up her calories as she clearly wasn't eating enough and actually give her body the fuel it needs. Anyways, the podcast is interesting in the way they explain the small gain that happened, but she then continued to loose again.

Wow they have a lot of podcasts. Do you happen to know how long it took before the weight started coming off again for this woman? I'm not sure how long I should wait until I decide to cut calories back a bit.
  • ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I have been terrified of lifting alone so I am not on big weights. So tomorrow I'm making hubby spot me and doubling my girly weight. Have mercy on me the next day muscles and understan must rip you to shreds to rebuild you better than before. Apparently my maintaining cals is 1900something seems a little low tbh. Anyway cardio day today an I fully intend to burn as much as I can. Aiming for 800ish
  • psych101
    Options
    Morning all!

Wow they have a lot of podcasts. Do you happen to know how long it took before the weight started coming off again for this woman? I'm not sure how long I should wait until I decide to cut calories back a bit.

Oh sorry!! They DO have a lot of podcasts - I believe it was the Running and Plateau one #121? Bear in mind that these are all anecdotes from people and what worked for them, may not be suitable for all. hehe my disclaimer stamped right here! xx
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

Oh sorry!! They DO have a lot of podcasts - I believe it was the Running and Plateau one #121? Bear in mind that these are all anecdotes from people and what worked for them, may not be suitable for all. hehe my disclaimer stamped right here! xx

Thanks! And definitely-- I just like to see what others are doing. :flowerforyou:
  • psych101
    Options
    Morning all!

Thanks! And definitely-- I just like to see what others are doing. :flowerforyou:

teehee!!

I only recently found their podcasts, but I like what they have to say and how they encourage peeps to eat more :)