<3 support group for women eating 2000+ calories per day <3

Options

Replies

• SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin pancakes with real maple syrup for dinner. Happiness on a plate. YUM.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Pumpkin pancakes with real maple syrup for dinner. Happiness on a plate. YUM.

YUMMY!!!
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    I am the other one that ordered the bodymedia fit. It is supposed to be here tomorrow. Can't wait! Hope it works. For those of you that wear them, I read that driving sometimes will look like your working out. Do you take it off to drive? Also, how much sweat can it take without killing it?

I have the bodymedia and after 8 monthes it stopped working :grumble:
    When it was working it did not accurately measure strength training, or low impact stuff like yoga/pilates. Also it wont give any results with any kind of cycling/spinning/bike riding.
    I liked the system but even after 8 months I didnt lose weight. Actually I have gained about 4 pounds since I got it, so it hasnt helped me at all. I tried increasing calories based on BMF, decreasing, decreasing carbs, zig zagging, etc. and keep gaining and losing. According the the BMF my average burn was 2500 or so and for 8 months i fluctuated between 1500-2200 intake and nothing. Up and down :sad:
    I was wondering if it was grossly over exaggerating my burn?? I did try to compare it to my HRM and it was off by 50-100 cals, (rBMF reading higher).
    From what I read however most people really love it, and even though I havent had success, I do like it, but broken after 8 mos is super annoying and frustrating and customer service is no help so I am *kitten* outta luck!

Today was my first day wearing the BMF and I didn't notice anything crazy for driving...it showed a very low calorie per minute burn - kinda similar to my sleep burn. I wore it last night for the first time during a Chalean Extreme Push Circuit. It was a 35 min workout and my HRM said I burned 247 calories during that time. The BodyMedia Fit said I only burned 150 or so. :o/ I was sweating but I was standing right in front of a fan and it was about 67 degrees in the room. Not sure if that matters or not. I noticed on my HRM that the highest my HR got was about 148-150 (normally I go higher than that) and for most of the workout I was in the 120-130s. I have Polar FT7 and I thought it was fairly accurate (I have another HRM from Cardio Sport and they were pretty close on calories burned when I've compared in the past)....so I'm not sure what was up with the BodyMedia Fit.

Today I've been moving most of the day (since 7 am) and shopped a LOT ....yet, so far for the day it says 1848 calories burned (at 6 pm). I've yet to get my workout done...that's coming soon. I know I have to give this a good week to get a better estimate as today was not a normal day since I am usually home all day homeschooling my kids (not much walking around compared to today's outing).

I def. think you need to give it time and look at trend. I think 1800 by 6pm is great especially without a workout!!! I def. notice that my strength days the system doesnt say I burn as much even when I am sweating my *kitten* off and killing myself, because I may not be moving that much, like if I am doing squats, or pull ups etc.
    Checkout the bodymedia site on facebook, there are alot of people their that you can ask questions!!!
  • dawnemjh
    Options
    Okay, well, I had a Bodybugg and I found that the calorie estimations were waaay off for me. I would get up to 2700 calories burned a day. That seems highly unlikely with me being so small but maybe it's possible. I know I wasn't losing and I ate about 2100 calories or so then. I'm not sure how it compares to the Bodymedia Fit.

How many of you live in the Northeast of the U.S.? It's getting cold here! My first winter in this area. I grew up in CA.

Me!! I am from Mass and its actually snowing right now!! (UGH!!) We dont usually see snow til at least thanksgiving!! Gonna be along winter!!
    Options
    Dawn...wow, snow already? I need to get winter gear...any recommendations on places that I can get stuff from for cheap? I need boots and a good jacket i take it. I'm supposed to go to RI this weekend but I don't know if that's going to happen. My cousin is getting married but my friend appears to be flaking with taking me to the train station.
    Options
    well, i looked back at some logs just to get an idea of what maintenance "should be" according to how many calories i was eating before. It looks like I lost about 2.33 pounds per month eating ~1700 calories. one caveat...i had my wedding and I was kinda motivated to have a deficit. now, I don't think I could or would want to even eat 1700 calories. It was not difficult in the slightest then though.

I averaged February to the end of July since those were months of slow loss. Based on that my "maintenance is roughly 1975 calories.

Since I am probably more active now than I was then the 2100-2200 calories makes sense...as that is only 125-225 more than then.

I can't believe I averaged 1700 calories TO LOSE and got to goal. No deprivation, no starvation, and that's probably why my metabolism isn't screwed to bits. YAY! I love numbers.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    well, i looked back at some logs just to get an idea of what maintenance "should be" according to how many calories i was eating before. It looks like I lost about 2.33 pounds per month eating ~1700 calories. one caveat...i had my wedding and I was kinda motivated to have a deficit. now, I don't think I could or would want to even eat 1700 calories. It was not difficult in the slightest then though.

I averaged February to the end of July since those were months of slow loss. Based on that my "maintenance is roughly 1975 calories.

Since I am probably more active now than I was then the 2100-2200 calories makes sense...as that is only 125-225 more than then.

I can't believe I averaged 1700 calories TO LOSE and got to goal. No deprivation, no starvation, and that's probably why my metabolism isn't screwed to bits. YAY! I love numbers.

Yay!! I love numbers too!

Especially when they say that I can eat <
    THIS MUCH
    > food

hehe!
  • dawnemjh
    Options
    Dawn...wow, snow already? I need to get winter gear...any recommendations on places that I can get stuff from for cheap? I need boots and a good jacket i take it. I'm supposed to go to RI this weekend but I don't know if that's going to happen. My cousin is getting married but my friend appears to be flaking with taking me to the train station.

If you are in RI, especially on the coast, they usually dont much snow, but it gets pretty cold! Definately if youare here all winter gonna need jacket, boots, hat, scarf, mittens/gloves!!! Try either TJ Max, Marshalls, Burlington Coat Factory for decent jackets/boots. Walmart or Target for gloves!
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    BMF update: Okay so as of 10:10 pm, my estimated calories burned for the day is up to 2621. I took this off during the duration of two showers today...haha, wonder how many extra calories I burned in there, ;o) I worked out doing Chalean Extreme's Burn Intervals for 45 mins and burned (according to my HRM) 442 calories. As of this point, I'm laying in bed so my calories burned won't be much more but maybe another 50-60 per hour until midnight. I ate 1955 calories for today. So right now I have a deficit of 666 or so. This is promising....it definitely shows me that, if this is accurate, I've been eating too little the last couple of months (from 1200-1600). But we'll see.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    jade, I think I recall something about the BMF readings being more accurate after wearing it for a week. Don't remember where I got that from. But even if mine is off, it's consistently off & that still makes it a useful tool for me to figure out how much exercise & what intake level corresponds to a certain rate of loss. Oddly enough I don't get that specific with the numbers, I really just use it to ensure a deficit 6 days a week. Occasionally I'll go back & look at averages when I'm considering making changes to my program, & it's extremely useful for that!

Give it a few weeks. I log my food on FatSecret so I just plug in the total on the Bodymedia site each day along with any weight loss. The reports it generates are pretty slick, too. I printed one out for my last annual physical & my dr was appropriately impressed.
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    So my NROLFW hadn't arrived yet :( should be here next week so hopefully will be ready to go the week after!

I ordered the mens version from America. I should get it in a week. :)

I was told by Dymocks (Australia) NROLFW was not being printed anymore. The latest print will be out Jan 31st.
  • Kim55555
    Options
    Hello!

I went on an I'm giving up the diet binge yesterday and eat 4 cakes and a twirl in 2 mins then sat and read all your posts. I thought I'll get back into my exercise and did 30 day shred and half an hour of zumba. My fitness levels are good I find 30 day shred level one pretty easy but I do ache the next day which I love. I walk alot with my nice heavy double pram, 3 year old and 10 month old. Davina fitness dvds are my fave and I have been for a run on occasion.

I am absolutely no expert, but I think if you want to lose inches and eat well, then you need to lift (heavy) weights, but eat just like you are planning, a little under maintenance. I think the inches will melt away for you, especially if you have never "lifted". Check out the New Rules of Lifting for Women (NROLFW). Many women swear by this, I am going to do it in the near future. If not, then any weight lifting routine will be good for what you want. Hope that helps, and good luck.
    What are your stats as far as calories, maintenance, target. Maybe some of the maintenance gals on here can make sure they look good!

kellylea87 Also to add to this. if you haven't lifted heavy and/or you are starting out an exercise programme or upping your exercise frequency or intensity then go by your measurements. Dont get caught up with what the scale says, because your muscles will be retaining a heap of water and the scale will either go up or stay the same! The scale is not a good guide of your success early on. You might not even notice a change on the scale for quite a few weeks. Just dont get discouraged by this! :)
  • fimm
    fimm Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm headed off to Cape Cod in the morning tomorrow for my very 1st 1/2 marathon Saturday! I'm ready to run like crazy & eat plenty of good food & carbs tonight & tomorrow!

I hope you really enjoy yourself, and everything goes well, breka!
  • Kim55555
    Options
    my ipod shuffle

Tummy bruises?!
    For some strange reason a bruise appeared on my lower belly on the right and then today I noticed another bruise on the other side of my belly?! I dont recall bumping into anything. Anyone have any ideas why i'm bruising? haha maybe its got something to do with the fact i have less padding on my tummy now and perhaps i'm bumping into things i have no idea!? I dont usually bruise unless i'm playing contact sport. Anyone have this happen to them?
  • fimm
    fimm Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Ouf, I'm tired. Rest day for me today - the only exercise I'll log will be the short, easy, cycling sections of my commute.
    I think I'm doing fine at eating for maintainance - well I seem to be staying the same shape and weight - but if I actually want to loose any more I need to be a bit more disciplined about the amount I nibble during the day. That's not going to happen this weekend, though, as I'm off to visit my parents, which will be very nice, especially as my sisters and my neices and nephew will be there too!
    Options
    Morning ladies...feeling pudgy today. My weight is surely up. Going to check it and log that I am feeling bleh so that I can use it to gauge how heavy my pudgy days are..

Question...
    Does your family know you count calories? Friends? I mentioned it to someone and they looked at me as if I had 3 heads. LOL. I don't walk around shouting it from the rooftops and I guess I try to "conceal" it to some degree because I feel judged because of it since I'm "thin" and it's seen as diety
  • dawnemjh
    Options
    Morning ladies...feeling pudgy today. My weight is surely up. Going to check it and log that I am feeling bleh so that I can use it to gauge how heavy my pudgy days are..

Question...
    Does your family know you count calories? Friends? I mentioned it to someone and they looked at me as if I had 3 heads. LOL. I don't walk around shouting it from the rooftops and I guess I try to "conceal" it to some degree because I feel judged because of it since I'm "thin" and it's seen as diety

I feel the same way (pudgy)

My family and friends all know how obsessed I am with calories!!! They dont judge! I am lucky that way!! I just try not to make a big deal about it in front of my daughter, (6), although she knows the importance of healthy eating!!!

Past 3-4 days have hit 2000 or more, continuing that on this weekend!! Hope you all are having a great day!!!
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    My family & close friends know I do, I'm not sure tons of other people do though I do share it whenever anyone asks what I've done to lose weight. I always tell them if I had to pick one single thing that made the biggest difference in my weight loss, it was tracking my food.

I can see why you wouldn't be that public about calorie counting because at one time I would have thought it was weird for a thin person to do. But now that I've been working on my weight for going on a year & a half, I know that even in maintenance I will have to always be conscious of what I eat, even if I don't continue keeping a food diary. I see the kind of effort it takes to have the kind of body you want, cuz I'm trying to get there!!!

So nowadays my reaction to hearing someone like you counts calories is admiration, "ah...see, she is serious about her shyt & has the body to show for it!"

I've got the serious about my shyt part down, still working on the other part. ;)
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Hope everyone's having a good day so far. I'm in a little better mood today because our snow seems to be melting a bit. We got 16 inches a few days ago....major downer, as our winters are so long here in the Rockies, so when they start early, it's rough!

As for family knowing about counting calories. I think they all know that I'm careful, especially my hubby, but I'm not super careful about it, so it's not that obvious. What I do kind of hide from a lot of them is how much I work out. I think a lot of them would think I was crazy and I don't want to hear the comments. Even my hubby sometimes just gives me a look like "take it easy".

Stubbysticks - I think that learning that skinny people count calories is such a good lesson in weight loss! It is such a common misconception - sure, there are a lot of naturally skinny/fat people out there, but that's not the norm. I get comments all the time from people out to dinner when I order the lighter option, like "oh, you could use the calories, get the lasagna (or whatever)". No, actually, I am going to feel like crap tomorrow if I eat that and I'm not thin by accident. In fact, I would be SO pudgy if I didn't work as hard as I do.

Kim55555 - I don't know what to tell you about your bruises, except just to make sure you're getting enough iron - are you?

Question - for those of you who workout in a gym - do you have the Cross Country Skier? Just tried it yesterday and it seems like a really great upper body machine. You pull down on these handle things and pull down to your hips and back behind your butt in a fluid motion like you're pushing a ski pole through the snow. I'm sore today!

I ordered a bunch of new workout clothes from Zappos yesterday and I'm so excited to get them! New workout digs make me so happy - On tap for today - I think I'm just going to run. I've been pretty weight heavy the last two days, so I think I'll just hit the treadmill and run until I can't. Looking forward to the sweat.

Have a great day everyone!!
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Question...

Yes, and my MIL was a little weird about it when we visited over the summer (while I and my hubs were still both in weight loss mode). They eat out a lot because she cares for my disabled SIL, and so I was looking up nutritional info for the restaurants so I could make reasonably healthy choices. Everything I ordered, she asked me what the calories were!

Most of my friends are just impressed at how I look.