Gaining Muscle is NOT that easy.

Options

Replies

• AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm telling you that. Bodybuilders in the offseason don't care about their body fat % because they know to gain muscle they are going to gain fat. This is not disputed by any scientific organization.

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't fat gain equals body fat percentage gain? If that's true, then how come bodybuilders have a low body fat percentage, if building muscles causes a person to gain fat?
    What you don't know about bodybuilders who make claims like that is they are "guessing". Most of them lie about their weight and height. They compare their conditioning from previous times of the year to present and if they weigh 20lbs more, they say they gained 20lbs of muscle. Easy answer.

Okay, how do you know how much muscles you have gained or do you guess as well?
    That's you then. You CAN'T assume that everyone is doing it like you. Or do you?

Remember, I have said that I speak for myself. I don't answer for other people. I answer for myself.
    Appearance is the main factor. There is no exact formula that works for everyone. The formula you posted is a base, but only accurately applies if the measurements were made EXACTLY the same way, at EXACTLY the same spots, at EXACTLY the same time and having done EXACTLY the same work and eating. There are no absolutes when it comes to this hence there is no formula.
    Again, larger measurements in circumference of a muscle, higher weight and physical appearance would be the obvious to see if someone gained muscle.

The formula I have posted is universal. The formula I have posted don't have anything to do with measurements. It has to do with scale weight, body fat percentage, pounds of fat and lean body mass.

A lot of people don't desire to be a bodybuilder, but some do desire to gain muscles. The formula that I have shared that shows people how to figure out how much of their scale weight is from pounds of fat and how much is from pounds of lean muscle, is what a lot of people that wants to gain muscle use to see if they have gained muscles and how much muscle they have gained.

I strongly believe that a huge percentage of bodybuilders uses a formula to figure out how much muscle they have gained.

There has to be a formula that non bodybuilders can use to track their muscle gain. There has to be a formula personal trainers use with their clients.

Thank you for your time.
  • AZackery
    Options
    Here's your formula AZ:

recchi.jpg

Explain it.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    It's like watching someone trying to explain quantum mechanics to a 4 year old.

Yep.....
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I just have a question for AZakery. Clearly she's the smartest one her. Can you help me AZ? I've been lifting 10lb reams of paper, but they are getting a little light and I'm not feeling the burn anymore. Should I switch to the heavier 10lb dumbells instead?
  • AZackery
    Options
    I just have a question for AZakery. Clearly she's the smartest one her. Can you help me AZ? I've been lifting 10lb reams of paper, but they are getting a little light and I'm not feeling the burn anymore. Should I switch to the heavier 10lb dumbells instead?

Hiles177, you have made me the smartest one here. Ponder that. I'm above mess.
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options

rofl_seal.jpg

NEVER.STOP.POSTING
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Whats really scary is if she is actually in the medical field, SHE'S RESPONSIBLE FOR SOMEONE ELSE'S HEALTH!!!
  • AZackery
    Options
    Whats really scary is if she is actually in the medical field, SHE'S RESPONSIBLE FOR SOMEONE ELSE'S HEALTH!!!

Haters loves company. Haters come in crowds.
  • ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    There's a big misconception with women when they say " I don't want to get all big" , when reffering to lifting. However it needs to be understood through the difference in genetics and womens hormones that the fact is you won't get all big and freaky. That's if to say you're going naturally or even with over the counter supps.

What you will get is the most beautiful TONE, leanness, firmness, and the best fit appealing definition.

Oh Sugar, don't you have a way with words!
  • jwil1231
    jwil1231 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Nice. I didn't know that it was that difficult to gain muscle so thanks for the info. I'm glad to get rid of fat for starters. I think people say that comment about building muscle because it's just such a common comment to make. Thanks again for the information though. :flowerforyou:
  • Gigi_licious
    Options

Well, you know what they say "Education doesn't make people smart".
  • Gigi_licious
    Options
    :noway:
  • dcgonz
    dcgonz Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm so confused now! So, swimming is how to gain muscle and to be muscular you don't have to lift weights?
    Does that sum it up?
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Nice. I didn't know that it was that difficult to gain muscle so thanks for the info. I'm glad to get rid of fat for starters. I think people say that comment about building muscle because it's just such a common comment to make. Thanks again for the information though. :flowerforyou:

glad we could help! :]
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    OK, other than the derailing I'm really trying to understand this but am stuck on a couple points. I certainly don't assume it's muscle if I gain 5 lbs in a week, but maybe I thought some of it was. To hear some people tell it in this thread, it sounds like the only way to gain a considerable amount of muscle is through really heavy lifting for a really long time.

In high school, I was friends with a lot of members of the swim team (this has nothing to do with soysos' post, it just so happens the only people I know that are particularly active are swimmers). They would always put on quite a bit of weight and it didn't appear to be fat. So why the gain?

And why did my calves get HUMONGOUS when I first got my pointe shoes back when I did ballet? When one first gets pointe shoes, there are a lot of calf raises, going halfway up, going all the way up, over and over again to build the strength to effectively and safely dance in them. Granted, calf muscles probably don't weigh an awful lot but it did seem to be a considerable difference in a pretty short amount of time. I started to have to pull my pants down past my calves rather than just let them drop when I changed clothes and people were commenting on how big they got.

Not trying to argue, just understand...
  • AZackery
    Options
    I'm so confused now! So, swimming is how to gain muscle and to be muscular you don't have to lift weights?
    Does that sum it up?

I can't speak about swimming, for I'm not a swimmer. As for getting a muscular body, you don't have to lift weights.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't fat gain equals body fat percentage gain? If that's true, then how come bodybuilders have a low body fat percentage, if building muscles causes a person to gain fat?
    You are looking at them in contest shape. Offseason they don't have low body fat percentage. Here let me clear it up for you:

lee_priest_bulkup.jpg
    Okay, how do you know how much muscles you have gained or do you guess as well?
    My starting weight (with no idea what my body fat was) was 124lbs. Today at the same height I'm 185lbs. Since I can't see my abs clearly, I'm probably at about 18% bodyfat. So I'm guessing I put on 45lbs or lean muscle weight since '82.
    Remember, I have said that I speak for myself. I don't answer for other people. I answer for myself.
    Then why are you insisting that gaining muscle is an exact formulated science?
    The formula I have posted is universal. The formula I have posted don't have anything to do with measurements. It has to do with scale weight, body fat percentage, pounds of fat and lean body mass.

A lot of people don't desire to be a bodybuilder, but some do desire to gain muscles. The formula that I have shared that shows people how to figure out how much of their scale weight is from pounds of fat and how much is from pounds of lean muscle, is what a lot of people that wants to gain muscle use to see if they have gained muscles and how much muscle they have gained.

I strongly believe that a huge percentage of bodybuilders uses a formula to figure out how much muscle they have gained.

There has to be a formula that non bodybuilders can use to track their muscle gain. There has to be a formula personal trainers use with their clients.

Thank you for your time.
    What you strongly believe and what actually happens are exclusive.
  • lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Options
    Messed up this post. Typing on a phone sucks.
  • lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Options
    I can't speak about swimming, for I'm not a swimmer. As for getting a muscular body, you don't have to lift weights.

:megafacepalm:

Depends on your definition of muscular. Brad Pitt in Fight Club, no, you don't have to lift weights if you have a decent amount of muscle already. To go from looking like Brad Pitt to Hugh Jackman, there's no way to gain that much muscle without lifting serious weight.
  • Kdonovan512
    Kdonovan512 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Actually, with a good progressive resistance training program we probably build
    A good 200 lbs of muscle in a year. Unfortunately, due to stress, lack of sleep, bad food selections,
    overtraining, and so forth we lose about 195 lbs of muscle in the same period and therefore "only" gain 5 lbs.
    The numbers are just an example and the mass gained/lost are representative of males. So indeed it is challenging
    to put on and keep lean body mass.