Gaining Muscle is NOT that easy.

Options

Replies

• IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I'm going to run towing a bucket and get massive. There's always a queue for the squat rack anyway. Yes I'll wear sweats.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,691 Member
    Options
    I wonder why my question has never been answered and I know that it can't be answered by all the people in this thread that claims to know about gaining muscles. If they truly knew about muscle gaining, it wouldn't be hard for them to tell me how does a person know when they have gained muscles.

I know that it's not easy to gain muscle or even to lose fat.

I also know that scale weight is broken down into two categories. Pounds of fat and pounds of lean body mass. To find out how much of your scale weight is from fat and how much is from lean body mass, you have to know your body fat percentage.

Formula:

Weight x BF% = Pounds of fat
    Weight - Pounds of fat = Lean body mass

Example: Roger Stars weighs 220 pounds and his body fat percentage is 20%

What does this means?

220 (Roger's weight) x 20%(0.20) (Roger's Body Fat Percentage) = 44 Pounds of fat
    220(Roger's weight) - 44 (Roger's Pounds of fat) = 176 Pounds of lean body mass

A bodybuilder, a personal trainer and anyone that supposed to be smart about the body, should know that the formula I have shared is correct way to see if you have gained/loss fat/lean body mass.

So, can a bodybuilder, a personal trainer or anyone that supposed to be smart about the body, explain how a person gain muscle? What formula is used to show muscle gain. Please don't try to make me believe that math is not involved in muscle gain.

Bodybuilders use the formula above to track fat loss and muscle gain. If I am lying, then please bodybuilder tell me what formula you all use. I'm not a bodybuilder, nor do I desire to be a bodybuilder and I know about the formula.

Another thing, everyone sees bulk differently. Women are encouraged to lift heavy and are told they want bulk up. Well, bulk doesn't just imply to bodybuilding. Every bodybuilder doesn't take anything to make them big. I will speak for women. Some women bodybuilders that train naturally are bigger than others. I will now speak about men. Some men bodybuilders that train naturally are bigger than others. No one can tell me that all bodybuilders females and males are the same size.

And yes, some women can bulk up faster than other women. A woman and man can only speak for their own body. If you aren't bulking up or putting on muscles fast, than speak for your body. You can't speak for the next person.

I know that some people will come at me in an immature way. I'm a mature woman. A serious one at that. I don't have time for games. People needs to stop trying to make fun of people and grow up. Water always flows.
    Again, you're using your analogies of what you may think you know about muscle mass gain. The "obvious" formula isn't how bodybuilders gauge it. It's the mirror. Photos. It's the increase in strength. It's the increase on the measurement tape. The tight fitting of clothing. The amount of food consumed.
    You're trying to make it seem like you KNOW the bodybuilding world and you don't. You don't like the look so how could you know? I've BEEN a bodybuilder for over 28+ years, competed, trained other bodybulders and have attended competitions and spoken with many an amateur and pro.
    Why would you think that I have NO IDEA what I'm talking about?
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure my bones weigh something. Also any food or drink in my system. I don't think my scale breaks anything down. It just weighs me.

Rbryntes, funny, how I haven't said that your scale breaks anything down. I have said that scale weight is broken down into two categories. And by the way, the bones is part of the lean body mass.

By your respond to me, I can tell you don't track your body fat percentage. You just go by scale weight.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Careful!

If you keep typing this much your arms are gonna get all muscular.

1241887517028e.jpg
    Oh yeah!! 20 inch pythons!!!!
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    By your respond to me, I can tell you don't track your body fat percentage. You just go by scale weight.

You would be wrong, then, as I do track my body fat percentage.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Oh no.............she really knows what she talking about. She can't be wrong and if she were she'd NEVER admit it.
  • AZackery
    Options
    Again, you're using your analogies of what you may think you know about muscle mass gain. The "obvious" formula isn't how bodybuilders gauge it. It's the mirror. Photos. It's the increase in strength. It's the increase on the measurement tape. The tight fitting of clothing. The amount of food consumed.
    You're trying to make it seem like you KNOW the bodybuilding world and you don't. You don't like the look so how could you know? I've BEEN a bodybuilder for over 28+ years, competed, trained other bodybulders and have attended competitions and spoken with many an amateur and pro.
    Why would you think that I have NO IDEA what I'm talking about?

Ninerbuff, are you telling me that a bodybuilder doesn't use a formula to figure out how much muscle they have gained? I don't believe that all a bodybuilder has to do is look at themselves in the mirror, take photos, use a measuring tape, and note how much food they eat to see that they have gained muscles.

If a bodybuilder said that he has gained 20 pounds of muscles. He can't get that number from a mirror, photo, measuring tape or even food. He has to get that number from a formula. So, what formula does bodybuilder uses to note their muscle gain? This is an easy question.

I will speak for myself. I'm aiming to lose pounds of fat. I can't just look at myself in the mirror, take photos or even take measurements and guess that I have lost x amount of pounds of fat. I have to use the formula.

Let me make it clear. I am not trying to make it seem as if you don't want you are talking about. I'm only trying to get you to tell me how a person know when they have gained muscles. What formula is used?
  • lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Options
    This thread delivers the lulz
  • AZackery
    Options

Good to know. Maybe you haven't used the formula that I have shared to see how much of your scale weight is from pounds of fat and pounds of lean body. If you knew about the formula ahead of time, then you were just trying to be funny, because a person that's truly serious about tracking their body fat percentage to see if they have gain/loss fat/lean body would know what lean body mass is consist of.
  • lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Options
    AZ is a math teacher. If soysos is swimming in a pool with sweats at a constant rate of 5mph, how many pounds of muscle will he gain swimming half a mile?
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options
    AZ is a math teacher. If soysos is swimming in a pool with sweats at a constant rate of 5mph, how many pounds of muscle will he gain swimming half a mile?

Is she pretending to be a math teacher now? The other day she was pretending to be a doctor.
  • AZackery
    Options

Lockef, you tell me. Since, you know the muscle gain answer.
  • AZackery
    Options
    Is she pretending to be a math teacher now? The other day she was pretending to be a doctor.

I have never claimed to be a doctor. Liars will always spread lies that's what they are good at.
  • PB67
    Options

I have never claimed to be a doctor. Liars will always spread lies that's what they are good at.

ORLY?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/369373-water?page=3
  • mandynichole88
    Options
    AGREE!
    It's more than likely water weight as opposed to just muscle or fat.. then again people probably say the "it's all muscle" line, instead of "Whoa fatty!"... <-- tee hee (sorry)
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options

1 lb a week for 3 years. So at the end of the 3 years he'll be 376 lbs and 9% BF.

Why don't all bodybuilders swim in sweats again???
  • AZackery
    Options

PB67, clearly you don't know what job titles falls under the medical field. Doctors aren't the only ones in the medical field. Have you ever heard of nurses, aides, therapists, pharmacists, technicians, EMTs, etc.?

Do yourself a favor and go learn about titles that falls under the medical field. I'm not a doctor. My job title is none of your business. Just know that I am in the medical field and I have a degree.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Ninerbuff, are you telling me that a bodybuilder doesn't use a formula to figure out how much muscle they have gained? I don't believe that all a bodybuilder has to do is look at themselves in the mirror, take photos, use a measuring tape, and note how much food they eat to see that they have gained muscles.
    Yes I'm telling you that. Bodybuilders in the offseason don't care about their body fat % because they know to gain muscle they are going to gain fat. This is not disputed by any scientific organization.
    If a bodybuilder said that he has gained 20 pounds of muscles. He can't get that number from a mirror, photo, measuring tape or even food. He has to get that number from a formula. So, what formula does bodybuilder uses to note their muscle gain? This is an easy question.
    What you don't know about bodybuilders who make claims like that is they are "guessing". Most of them lie about their weight and height. They compare their conditioning from previous times of the year to present and if they weigh 20lbs more, they say they gained 20lbs of muscle. Easy answer.
    I will speak for myself. I'm aiming to lose pounds of fat. I can't just look at myself in the mirror, take photos or even take measurements and guess that I have lost x amount of pounds of fat. I have to use the formula.
    That's you then. You CAN'T assume that everyone is doing it like you. Or do you?
    Let me make it clear. I am not trying to make it seem as if you don't want you are talking about. I'm only trying to get you to tell me how a person know when they have gained muscles. What formula is used?
    Appearance is the main factor. There is no exact formula that works for everyone. The formula you posted is a base, but only accurately applies if the measurements were made EXACTLY the same way, at EXACTLY the same spots, at EXACTLY the same time and having done EXACTLY the same work and eating. There are no absolutes when it comes to this hence there is no formula.
    Again, larger measurements in circumference of a muscle, higher weight and physical appearance would be the obvious to see if someone gained muscle.
  • PB67
    Options
    Here's your formula AZ:

recchi.jpg
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    Options
    Maybe a mini rant.

I think women on here through out "you are gaining muscle" WAY too often. Gaining muscle is not as easy as you think ladies. doing the 30 day shred for 7 days sure isnt going to show a huge amount of muscle gain :P

From what I have read (numbers vary of course with different studies) a 12 week period of calorie surplus and a good lifting routine will show about a 4 lb muscle gain. If you are eating 1200 calories a day and not doing resistance training I highly doubt you are gaining muscle mass.

Like I said i think this is said WAY too much. If someone says they didn't lose or they gained one week, I see so many comments of women saying "its all muscle" or "don't worry its just muscle" and blah blah blah xD

/end rant

And that is why certain people opt for steroids, so that they can see gains before they are in a walker.

99.5% of society doesn't get that though.