Stupidest diet myths/tips you have ever heard.

Options

Replies

• DiamondInTheDirt
    DiamondInTheDirt Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    >What happens when you stope eating "Sensible"

I'm not sure, is "stope" a verb?

LOOOOL. I hate it when people add an e to a word where theres not supposed to be an 'e'.

LOOOL I hate it when people get their panties twisted over a type Oe, nice way to avoid a question, isn't it?

What question am i avoiding?
  • stresco
    stresco Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    "I'm going to try the Subway Diet" :noway:
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Anything about dieting is stupid. You should be changing your eating habits/lifestyle or else you'll gain it all back when you're done dieting. I think diets are stupid period.

I agree... one thing I have noticed over and over again on this forum and others is that the people who lost weight and kept it off all did the same thing: they eat less, counted what they were eating, ate more healthfully, and exercised more. Whether it was low-carb, low fat, vegetarian, vegan, paleo, counting calories, counting points, etc. it all seems to be about making healthier choices, eating less and moving more. There is no magic diet advice that will change that. Tips and trips will make it easier - but there are no shortcuts. No magic pills, magic shots, magic drops, magic smootie...
  • DiamondInTheDirt
    Options

Theres a subway diet?lol
  • ohthelawd
    ohthelawd Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    >How about stop then.

Fair enough. When you stop eating sensibly, there's a chance that (given all other things being equal) you will gain some weight. Alternatively, when you stop a long term stretch of an ultra-low carb diet (given all other things being equal) you swell up like a friggin' rhino.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    *gets lawn chair and popcorn*
    This is gonna be good...

I have some extra camp chairs if anyone else wants to pull up a seat...I'll break out the powdered foods, we can reconstitute them with pregnant woman pee, and have ourselves a party!

I'm game. *Jumps off Jax's lap....but doesn't give him back the popcorn*
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options
    I don't remember the specifics, but it had something to do with Justin Bieber and connuts.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

Theres a subway diet?lol
    Hello? Jared ring a bell?
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    It's one thing to say it weighs more BY VOLUME. But if it's not qualified with that statement it is flat wrong. Most people say it without including the 'by volume' part, which IS wrong.
    It isn't wrong, it's just that people assume you are smart enough to know that of course we are talking about BY VOLUME. It's freaking obvious. Why on earth would you try to compare a pound of something to a pound of something else? That's seriously ignorant.

Sad part is, a lot of people don't assume that because they truly believe muscle weighs more than fat, or don't understand the concept of volume. That's the ignorant part. Which is also why it was a myth that was brought up in the first place.

**SMDH**
  • stresco
    Options

Theres a subway diet?lol

It worked for Jerad... :huh:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    You must ____________ (fill in the blank)
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I don't remember the specifics, but it had something to do with Justin Bieber and connuts.
    :laugh: I remember that all too well.
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Atkins, HCG, not eating after 8pm. Oh and the whole low carbs. Carbs don't make you fat. My mother in law tried to tell me about a news show she heard on radio 4 which blamed carbs for obesity. Umm no dear. Carbs are the only way I have been able to sustain my heavy work outs. As long as you work out, how are carbs to blame for making someone fat.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options

LOOOOL. I hate it when people add an e to a word where theres not supposed to be an 'e'.

Perhaps it is ye olde English :)
  • stresco
    Options
    "Try the cabbage soup diet... Youll be ripped in a week."

I have to admit, I actually did that one... SMH :blushing:
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options

LOOOL I hate it when people get their panties twisted over a type Oe, nice way to avoid a question, isn't it?

Didin't say you were, maybe you need to learn how to read before worrying about people putting an e at the end of words
  • stresco
    Options

Perhaps it is ye olde English :)

OMG... The grammar-e cops-e found-e us-e. HIDE!
  • tcdawley78
    tcdawley78 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You can't build muscle on a calorie deficit.. Really? I've been eating at a calorie deficit for most of this year and I can sure as sh** lift heavier weights.. I've also lost 18 pounds.
    Totally agree with this... I've lost 117 lbs (on a 1200 calorie diet). I had almost no muscle tone when I started, and have MUCH larger and stronger muscles now... I get that it's probably because I had so little muscle to begin with, but some people CAN build muscle on a deficit!!
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    "I am not going to pass on an apple and sit down to a plate full of bacon."

Yea, that is what a low carb. diet is all about. Maybe you need more carbs. For that brain you were talking about.

My brains are confused... where did I say all people doing low carb eat plates of bacon and pass on apples? Your low carb diet may not be all about that. I would hope that most weren't. But there are some that do... they do pass on the fruits and the veggies and eat the plateful of steak and bacon.

How many brains do you have?
  • DiamondInTheDirt
    Options

Didin't say you were, maybe you need to learn how to read before worrying about people putting an e at the end of words

Did you put an 'e' at the end of a word even if its not mean to be there? If so, then why are you crying about it?. I did have a lot of 'LAUGH OUT LOUDS' in my comment, showing the fact that im not trying to be rude, so end of conversation.