C25K-New Year Challenge

Options
I am starting C25K, since its 8-9 weeks long, so the final run will be by the end of 2011.

Anybody starting on 30 Oct or 31 Oct or 1 Nov can join.

Post your

CW:
mini GW:
(that u have set for this challenge)

Personally I am starting on 31 Oct as its Monday!

Replies

• aash28
    aash28 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested! I attempted a few months ago. I stopped on Day 3 of Week 5; the dreaded 20 minute run. C25k doesn't do a phenomenal job with moving the scale, but it does a heck of a job with toning and dropping inches!
    Current weight: 147
    Mini-goal weight: 139
    Overall goal weight: 130
    I'll be starting next week.
  • schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I am not sure about joining a group I am not sure how long I can keep it up I have weak ankles... but I did day 1 week 1 today and found it interesting... might continue on that one for a while, I was out of breath by the end, and when I stepped of the treadmill (I do it on the treadmill) my legs were jello and I felt like WEEEEEEEEEEEE I can fly haha...
    it is a great workout thought :D
  • bobbi29
    bobbi29 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I would like to start this challenge.

I think I will start 10.31.11

CW:
    mini GW:-278-(that u have set for this challenge)
  • dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested! I attempted a few months ago. I stopped on Day 3 of Week 5; the dreaded 20 minute run. C25k doesn't do a phenomenal job with moving the scale, but it does a heck of a job with toning and dropping inches!
    Current weight: 147
    Mini-goal weight: 139
    Overall goal weight: 130
    I'll be starting next week.

WELCOME. U GONNA MAKE IT TO 5K THIS TIME ;)
    If u ask me, Im looking forward to NSVs. its a cardio i have seen ppl losing weight too.
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    I would like to start this challenge.

I think I will start 10.31.11

CW:
    mini GW:-278-(that u have set for this challenge)

WELCOME
    Its just a start, n ull rock it!
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    I am not sure about joining a group I am not sure how long I can keep it up I have weak ankles... but I did day 1 week 1 today and found it interesting... might continue on that one for a while, I was out of breath by the end, and when I stepped of the treadmill (I do it on the treadmill) my legs were jello and I felt like WEEEEEEEEEEEE I can fly haha...
    it is a great workout thought :D

I dont have any idea abt weak ankles but 2 weeks back i had so much pain in knees that i was looking on internet for kind of exercises i could do without stressing my knees. A MFP buddy suggested Leslie sansone walk away the pounds i started with 1 mile and in 4 days in moved up to 4 miles then i started doing winsor Pilates its totally no stress on knees and ankles all floor exercises.

Im quite fine these day though i have upgraded my exercise levels. but there could be 2 reasons for good change
    1) i was diagnosed with vit D deficiency 3 weeks back and now im taking med.
    2) i am drinking 6-8 glasses of water. i know u would say its pretty normal but i was drinking way too low. im not sure it will relate to ankles or not.

may be u need good stretch for ankles after exercises. or proper running shoes.

ill be doing treadmill after a longtime, lets see how my knees respond
  • Ill do it! Im going to start 10.31.11

CW-214
    GW for this challange- 190
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    Ill do it! Im going to start 10.31.11

CW-214
    GW for this challange- 190

welcome!

working on signature, will share soon
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    Actually c25k is my sub-challenge, I have started a challenge for pear shaped buddies which comprises of 3 days/week of c25k and other 3day/week of Jillian Micheal's killer buns and thighs workout. so by the completion of 8 weeks of c25k, 30 days of JM workout will be done.

What would truly represent this running and JM killer buns n thighs challenge: here it is

Jillian running and flaunting her killer thighs and buns

If u want to add the pic to your signature, PM me coz im unableto figure out how to post the code here, coz when i paste code here it shows pic not code
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    i dont have Iphone so i searched for mp3 files compatible with my Nokia so found some voice files, but no music. so not a bad idea while watching TV

i have downloaded c25k voice files from following page

http://diy-c25k-mp3s.com/diy-c25k-mp3s/make-your-own-mp3s/download-voice-files/
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I was going to start C25K this weekend, so this is perfect! How do I "join" the group?

I want to train for a 70 mile relay in April and this is going to be my starting point. Anyone else in South Carolina area interested in the Palmetto 70?

CW: 212#
    Goal weight for this challenge: 200#
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    Hi sonya!

if u r interested and u have posted here, for me u have joined already :)

Post ur mini goal weight that u have set for this C25K Challenge and ur current weight.

Since TOM is getting late, so I have delayed posting my weigh-in, but deinately put in on 31 oct
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    Since one of our members think it works on inch loss too...

so i think we should post our measurements too

Starting Weight:
    Bicep:
    Bust(fullest):
    Waist(narrowest):
    Belly around navel:
    Hips(widest):
    Thighs (widest):
    Thigh(R)/Thigh(L):
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join and start on the 31st. I'll post my measurements later today.

CW: 144
    Mini goal: 135
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I was thinking to start the C25K on Monday :happy:

I have had sick kids the last week or so and now of course I have come down with this head cold thing as well but I am just hoping that I will be feeling better by Monday and be ready to get started!!

I have started C25K a couple of times but never made it all the way to the end :blushing: this time for sure!!!

I think it is a great idea to include measurements, I will post mine tomorrow :smile:
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    ok i have quite a good number of members now:)
    i should get ready to make an excel sheet then:)
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    Okay, here are my measurements:

CW: 142.8 (lost a bit with this morning's weigh in) :)
    Bicep: 12"
    Bust(fullest): 36.5"
    Waist(narrowest):30"
    Belly around navel:34"
    Hips(widest):40"
    Thighs (widest):25"
    Calves 14.5 (L) 14(R)

My bicep and thigh measurements were the same for both right and left, only my calves were strangely different.
  • christmre
    christmre Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge, will be starting the program on monday, tried it once before, but only got to week three. :blushing: I am going to make it through this time!
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    So heres the list of our members so far:

dexters_dexterity
    CricketKate
    aash28
    schnugglebug
    bobbi29
    bellabubbles86
    sonyachan
    Bovaryoo
    amandac72
    christmre
  • bobbi29
    bobbi29 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Here are my stats for the C25K challenge. I am starting tomorrow.

Starting Weight: 288
    Bicep: 17
    Bust(fullest): 44
    Waist(narrowest): 45
    Belly around navel: 50
    Hips(widest): 53
    Thighs (widest): 28
    calves-20.5R, 20L:

Mini GW for challenge-278