• sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Week 1 down!
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to starting Week 2 tomorrow :smile:

Took the kids to the zoo today, so much walking, my legs are aching and I am exhaused :yawn: . Meanwhile the kids are still bouncing around, I wish I had their energy :huh: Mind you I'm sure they will be asleep as soon as their little heads hit their pillows!!

Good luck with week 2 everyone
  • bobbi29
    bobbi29 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    W2D1 Done a little chilling actually had to break out the hat and gloves.

Starting Weight: 288
    GW-125
    Bicep: 17
    Bust(fullest): 44
    Waist(narrowest): 45
    Belly around navel: 50
    Hips(widest): 53
    Thighs (widest): 28
    calves-20.5R, 20L:
    Mini GW challenge-278
  • dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    well done ladies, so we r in week 2
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Week 1 finished yesterday! Can't wait to get started on the second week tomorrow :) Congrats everyone!
  • k_frank
    Options
    Week 2 starts tomorrow for me!
    Good luck to everybody this week!!!
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    W2D1 completed this morning at the gym. After my day at the zoo yesterday I managed ok and even added an extra run to bring my km's up. I have lost a little over 1 pound this week, I'm happy with that :smile:
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    yay, pals on board has already started losing weight!
  • greytblackdog
    greytblackdog Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    W2D1 Done.

How is it that adding a mere 30 seconds to a run makes you feel like you might collapse? I don't know where you are, but it is HOT in Georgia today. Yikes. What happened to 60 degrees? As you can see I decreased my distance, but increased speed in running. I'm guessing that's how this thing is supposed to work :)

Here's run recap:

Distance: 2.26 mi
    Walk pace: 15:04/mi
    Run pace: 9:38/mi
    Cal burned: 201

Good luck to everyone this week!
  • midonhau
    midonhau Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    W2D1 complete. It was a gorgeous day so I went to a nearby high school track and had a great run. Afterwards I ran up and down the stairs of the bleachers 7 times in all.....man was I busted after that.
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    gr8job ladies!

midonhou--stairs up n down for a long time is a tough n effective job

greytblackdog- increasing speed will reduce ur time too, n r following an app, it must be rite
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    It's hot in South Carolina today too! But Day 1 of Week 2 felt surprisingly easy. It's nice and shaded where I run by the waterway. I think the scenery is very relaxing and helps me do better! BTW, does anyone else count or sing a mantra or anything like that while running? I can't help but start counting as soon as I start jogging. Thinking I need some type of mantra to repeat. Never knew running could be so Zen. :)
  • midonhau
    Options
    It's hot in South Carolina today too! But Day 1 of Week 2 felt surprisingly easy. It's nice and shaded where I run by the waterway. I think the scenery is very relaxing and helps me do better! BTW, does anyone else count or sing a mantra or anything like that while running? I can't help but start counting as soon as I start jogging. Thinking I need some type of mantra to repeat. Never knew running could be so Zen. :)

I listen to music on my Ipod while I run....that's the only way I can make it through ;o')))
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Wk 2 Day 1 Done!
  • greytblackdog
    greytblackdog Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I listen to music and often sing along :). I'm using a podcast I found that changes the song for every walk/run change and I love that!
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Day 1 done! Went well, looking forward to day 2 on Wednesday :)
  • midonhau
    Options
    W2D2 complete!! I was at the gym today so I decided to try it on the treadmill. I did my warm up and cool down walks at a speed of 3.0 mph. For the alternate runs/walk I did those at a speed of 5mph/3.5mph respectively.

Think I'll take tomorrow as my rest day then tackle D3 on Thursday.
  • midonhau
    Options
    MFP has a new feature: Groups.

If you click on the community tab , you'll find groups and you can join/start groups with people of similar interests.

I joined a C25K group.
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    Got in my workout for today, but I'm still a day behind. Planning on not taking tomorrow as a rest day, so I can catch up. :smile:
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    oopsy daisy!

i was thinking week 2 has just started but its about to end!