C25K-New Year Challenge

Options

Replies

• dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    If any of u dont want me to show the stats on table outta modesty,i can understand

for tht matter u can send inches lost on final week
  • greytblackdog
    greytblackdog Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    W1D2 Done. I think I'm coming down with a little cold so I struggled some today, but ended up running a little farther than I did on day 1.

Distance: 2.31
    Walk Pace: 15.00/mi
    Run Pace: 10:38/mi
    Cal: 204

I know I'm not "supposed" to weigh myself until Monday, but I'm going to do it on Friday before my run.
  • midonhau
    midonhau Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    W1D2 done. The trail that I went to had some hilly terrain. When I had to jog uphill it was challenging.....left me really winded. However, I did not stop running....lowered my pace but kept running nonetheless.
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    W1 D2 done! (on treadmill!) Not bad, but I got a cramp in my side around the second run... pushed through it though! Thank God the runs are still only 60 seconds!
    If anyone else is doing it on a treadmill, what speeds are you using?
    I use an incline of 1, walking speed- 3.7 mph, running speed- 6.0 mph. This is good for now, but I think this might be too fast once the runs get longer... we will see soon!
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    W1 Day 2 done at the gym this morning on the treadmill. Definately did not enjoy it as much as running outside but it was ok.

Des92, I used similar speeds to you on the treadmill and also incline 1. The treadmills at my gym have a button you press for 3.7mph and 5.6mph so I find it easy to just use those speeds. I probably will slow down the runs a little too as they get longer, will see how I go!!

Not sure when I will get the next run in. I know you are supposed to leave a day in between runs but after tomorrow (Friday) it becomes a bit difficult to fit it in around my husbands night shifts over the weekend. Thinking maybe I should just get it done tomorrow when I go to the gym.
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    W1 D2 done! (on treadmill!) Not bad, but I got a cramp in my side around the second run... pushed through it though! Thank God the runs are still only 60 seconds!
    If anyone else is doing it on a treadmill, what speeds are you using?
    I use an incline of 1, walking speed- 3.7 mph, running speed- 6.0 mph. This is good for now, but I think this might be too fast once the runs get longer... we will see soon!

i think at this stage 6mph is a bit high. if u r not used to it lower it down, then slowly move up

and stretching is very important. i was checking youtube there r so many of them

Warm up:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyEF12KAlm8&feature=related

Breathing while running:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5jTngZqrhI&feature=relmfu

Streches for runners:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF8x_SIPRYo

if any of u find some other good ones, please share
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    W1 Day 2 done at the gym this morning on the treadmill. Definately did not enjoy it as much as running outside but it was ok.

Des92, I used similar speeds to you on the treadmill and also incline 1. The treadmills at my gym have a button you press for 3.7mph and 5.6mph so I find it easy to just use those speeds. I probably will slow down the runs a little too as they get longer, will see how I go!!

Not sure when I will get the next run in. I know you are supposed to leave a day in between runs but after tomorrow (Friday) it becomes a bit difficult to fit it in around my husbands night shifts over the weekend. Thinking maybe I should just get it done tomorrow when I go to the gym.

i was looking at ur ticker, u have come a long way

Congrats, do whatever suits u.
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    thanks midonhou and k_frank, ill update on table as soon as i get remaining stats
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 2 Done!
  • midonhau
    midonhau Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    W1D3 complete.
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    W1D2 felt awesome! I am ready for week 2 already....but I'll do day 3 of week 1 first. Hope it keeps feeling so good! :)

10912869.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • greytblackdog
    Options
    Getting psyched up for tomorrow's run.

What do you listen to when you C25K? I've been listening to Sirius (I'm a Howard Stern fan) on my iphone or Pandora. Both of which I like. But tonight, I started checking out C25K podcasts. This one is my favorite so far, mostly because it mirrors my musical taste. I love the idea of changing the music for every walk/run segment. I know I run faster when I'm keeping beat to a song. Any other suggestions?

http://gonicoleyourself.blogspot.com/2008/06/couch-to-5k-podcast-page.html
  • bobbi29
    bobbi29 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    W1D3 Done Yea!
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    Good job ladies!

Week1 is over for most of us! we r one step ahead.

No need to post the measurements every week, just post last week so we will have conclusive ending, inspiring others. But yes keep updating with weigh-ins to motivate each other

Nov4.png
  • greytblackdog
    Options
    W1D3 done. Increased my run speed and my mileage too. I think running to music helped me speed up. Oh - and I have a new weigh in!!! 152.2.

It really goes to show how poorly I was eating prior to tracking EVERYTHING.

Here are my run stats:

Distance: 2.51 mi
    Walk Pace: 15:03/mi
    Run Pace: 09:42/mi
    Cal: 236

Oh - and I found this site about dressing for cold weather running. I thought it might be useful as it is getting nippy out there!

http://www.runningplanet.com/training/dressing-for-cold-weather-running.html
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    W1D3 done. Increased my run speed and my mileage too. I think running to music helped me speed up. Oh - and I have a new weigh in!!! 152.2.

It really goes to show how poorly I was eating prior to tracking EVERYTHING.

Here are my run stats:

Distance: 2.51 mi
    Walk Pace: 15:03/mi
    Run Pace: 09:42/mi
    Cal: 236

Oh - and I found this site about dressing for cold weather running. I thought it might be useful as it is getting nippy out there!

http://www.runningplanet.com/training/dressing-for-cold-weather-running.html

u r doing gr8job

do u use pedometer?
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    W1D3 done. I did end up doing it on the treadmill at the gym yesterday. Was a bit worried my calves would play up not leaving a rest day, have had problems with that in the past but all seemed ok. Even added an extra few minutes running at the end to build up my miles for another challenge.

Weighed in this morning at 148.2, happy with that. Now I just need to keep the weekend eating under control :wink:

Well done everyone :smile:
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I'm sure the rest days will be more important as we run further and longer. Sounds like you're doing great! :)
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 3 Done!
  • greytblackdog
    Options
    @dexters_dexterity: I'm not using a pedometer. I'm using my iphone and the C25K app tracks everything for you. I've used the pedometer app, but it's fair at best. Are you using an app or pedometer?