NOVEMBER ZUMBA CHALLENGE!

Options
Hello everyone!! I would first like to say that I absolutely LOVE Zumba. Its easy, its fun and it get you results. So I thought why not start a Zumba challenge with others who feel the same about Zumba or new to Zumba!....

The challenge would go from November 1st- November 30th. And there will be a new challenge every week. For example, Week 1: 30 minutes of Zumba 5 days a week. And Week 2: 45 minutes of Zumba 5 days a week and so on! Also drinking 8 cups of water daily ( this is something I struggle with, so Im looking for a little motivation with this myself.) Those times are just the minimum for the challenge, if u want work out more, as I know some days I will!!

Im looking to start with a sizable group because I did a 30 Day Shred challenge for October and only 4 of us remain. So by November 30th I would love to have a great number of people remaining for the Zumba challenge.

If you would like to join just let me know in this post!!

Start date is Tuesday, November 1st.

So if you plan to join post your starting weight and measurements (where u want to see inches lost). I only measure my thighs, stomach and hips, you can of course measure whatever you want. Post here or message me by the morning of November 1st.

I will make a spreadsheet of our progress on the 1st of November so we can see where we all start and the progress we're!

Lets motivate and be motivated!! (Dont forget to add all the challenge members as friends!!)

*Also, weigh ins are Tuesday, November 1st and every Monday afterwards, November 7, 14, 21 and instead of Monday again , final weigh in on Wednesday, November 30th.

Replies

• Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I will join this chanllenge with you! I love Zumba.

Don't have my stuff at work with me but I will post my measurments before the first!
  • mindyrenee81
    mindyrenee81 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hello! I would love to join! My only problem is that I wouldnt be able to actually start until November 2. My husband is in training for deployment at the moment. He is flying home tomorrow morning for a few days before he ships out. Im taking him back to the airport on the first. If this is not a problem I can do my measurements and everything on the 2nd and get it to you.
  • sarahlucydaynes26
    Options
    im in? I have wii zumba and I have epilepsy so can do it at my own speed lol...
    STUPID question but will you measure where your belly button is and around that area or just the widest part of your hips and thighs?
    Sarah 26 UK <3
  • keyaniab
    Options
    Hello! I would love to join! My only problem is that I wouldnt be able to actually start until November 2. My husband is in training for deployment at the moment. He is flying home tomorrow morning for a few days before he ships out. Im taking him back to the airport on the first. If this is not a problem I can do my measurements and everything on the 2nd and get it to you.

No problem at all!!
  • keyaniab
    Options
    STUPID question but will you measure where your belly button is and around that area or just the widest part of your hips and thighs?
    Sarah 26 UK <3

No problem at all. And yes I measure around my belly button for my stomach. And widest part of my hips and thighs for those measurements.
  • kjones33
    Options
    I would love to join. I do Zumba 3 days a week for an hour and I have the Zumba DVD at home so yes I would love to join. I just need to do my measurements.

HW/SW: 241

CW: 230.6

GW: 150
  • rebekah_anne81
    Options
    I'll join, too. I do Zumba for most of my workouts anyway, so it shouldn't be too much of a stretch for me. I've never actually joined a group like this before. Is there anywhere special I need to go for tracking or anything? Do we keep in touch through mail? How's it work?
  • keyaniab
    Options
    Sarah 26 UK <3

No problem at all. And yes I measure around my belly button for my stomach. And widest part of my hips and thighs for those measurements.
  • sarahlucydaynes26
    Options
    PERFECT!
    Thanks !

I am finishing my challenge the 31st so this sounds brilliant!
    I joined 2 months ago and before then I lost 53lb and I have now lost 68lb ( weigh in Monday )
    I want to lose those extra few inches and tone before christmas so this and my sit ups daily will be awsum!
    xx
  • keyaniab
    Options
    I'll join, too. I do Zumba for most of my workouts anyway, so it shouldn't be too much of a stretch for me. I've never actually joined a group like this before. Is there anywhere special I need to go for tracking or anything? Do we keep in touch through mail? How's it work?

When everyone join and give me their starting weight, I will make a spreadsheet for tracking our progress. We should all just add each other as friends to keep in touch and we can also keep in touch thru this post. We simply do Zumba for the month of Novmeber and weigh in every Monday, motivate each other and be motivated.
  • rebekah_anne81
    Options
    I have the DVD set for home too. I got it about 1.5 years ago. I wish I had the $ to buy the newer set! :) But I love it!
  • Splinkysgirl2
    Options
    I'm in. I bought the Wii Zumba a while back but was not a fan because it was too sensitive -- gave me credit for barely -- and I do mean barely moving. Do you have any suggestions for other Zumba DVDs? I also plan to go to a Zumba class on Saturdays for 1 hour.
  • rebekah_anne81
    Options
    Thanks for thinking of this...I really need good motivation. My goal was to get the rest of my baby weight off my the end of the year (150). I don't know if that's attainable or realistic, but I'm going to give it my best go. Here are my measurements. :)

Current weight: 163.8
    Waist: 36.5
    Hips: 39
    Thighs :25
  • keyaniab
    Options
    I'm in. I bought the Wii Zumba a while back but was not a fan because it was too sensitive -- gave me credit for barely -- and I do mean barely moving. Do you have any suggestions for other Zumba DVDs? I also plan to go to a Zumba class on Saturdays for 1 hour.

I use the Zumba DVD sets
  • keyaniab
    Options
    Thanks for thinking of this...I really need good motivation. My goal was to get the rest of my baby weight off my the end of the year (150). I don't know if that's attainable or realistic, but I'm going to give it my best go. Here are my measurements. :)

Current weight: 163.8
    Waist: 36.5
    Hips: 39
    Thighs :25

Yea Im doing the older dvds also, I so wish I could get the new ones also!! They look like so much fun. And yes of course those are realistic goals. We have two full months before the year ends! Just stay motivated!
  • sarahlucydaynes26
    Options
    I know my weight is roughly 139lb
    I am 5ft 8
    My thighs are roughly 22cm
    tummy 35 ( ish )
    hips I have NO IDEA but roughly 36 SOOOOOO BASICALLY I will give you a up to date measurement on Monday as my challenge ends monday morning and thats to see if I can shed inches lol and I want to see how many I can shed BEFORE I take measurements so Monday will HOPEFULLY be a :-D xx
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I bailed on the shred (shame on me). I will send my measurements this weekend.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join. I'll post measurements later (I'm at work right now).
  • kjones33
    Options
    Here are my measurements:

Waist: 44

Hips: 52

Thighs: 29

I am buying a new scale this weekend and will post my weight on Monday.. Also, I have Zumba class on Monday so I will start on Monday..
  • keyaniab
    Options
    Still looking for more to join the Zumba challenge!!!