NOVEMBER ZUMBA CHALLENGE!

Options

Replies

• Hthfamily
    Hthfamily Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge. I recently bought the Zumba set, used it a week, went on vacation and have not done it since. I will post my measurements and starting weight Tuesday.
  • Yoga_Chick
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge I have wii Zumba and use it every so often but would love the encouragement to do it more often, I will post starting weight and measurements on tomorrow
  • jarrettfam
    jarrettfam Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this!!! I love Zumba!! I have the dvds and the wii version! I like the dvds better!
    Will send measurements soon, cant find my tape measure!!
  • mrsc86
    mrsc86 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Ive recently started getting into Zumba and I love it!

At work at the mo - but will post SW and measurements tomorrow morning :)
  • azshorty1115
    azshorty1115 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the ZUMBA challenge!!! I borrowed one of the zumba dvd's from my sister...I have Activate

Will post measurements later today....and will add everyone to keep me motivated!!!!:happy:
  • jarrettfam
    jarrettfam Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i went ahead and started today!! 20 min Zumba!! Had fun!! I dont have a 30 min exercise so it is kind of hard to break into 30 min days. I only have 20, 40, 45, 50 and 55 min dvds. Oh, well!
    Still cant find my tape measure. I did weigh, 272.8. Will post measurements if I cant ever find my tape measure! Lol!
  • heaven_511
    heaven_511 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Question: What's the most accurate way to measure Zumba burn? I've been using a website with a calculator, but I'm wondering if MFP has a more accurate was to measure.
  • heaven_511
    heaven_511 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Anyone know of an accurate way to calculate Zumba burn? Trying to find out b/f I go to Zumba class in a few. Thanks
  • sexy_swan
    Options
    I would like to partake in the ZUMBA Challenge.
  • laurielie
    laurielie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Anyone know of an accurate way to calculate Zumba burn? Trying to find out b/f I go to Zumba class in a few. Thanks
    I was told from our zumba instuctor thats its between 600 - 1000 pending on how much you put into
    it. (x.................moving you arms, hips & core) & thats for 60 minutes.
  • LittleFootLT11
    Options
    I was told from our zumba instuctor thats its between 600 - 1000 pending on how much you put into
    it. (x.................moving you arms, hips & core) & thats for 60 minutes.

I use my heart rate monitor. I'm 5'2 and 134 lbs at the moment so if you are similar in stature to me and want an estimate of the burn, feel free to friend me. I'll post my first one up here for everyone if people think it will be helpful as a reference point. Even if you are bigger than me you know you've burned AT LEAST as many cals as me. Might be a good place to start :-)
  • rebekah_anne81
    Options
    Jealous...I would LOVE to have the new Zumba DVD set! :)
  • mrsc86
    mrsc86 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Ok - Ready to start! I also did it last night for an extra one :)

My numbers are...

SW:152.5
    CW: 150.5
    GW: 126
    Waist: 28.5
    Hips: 41
    Thigh: 24

So - what's the plan?
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I just got Zumba, never ever tried it though. I shall give it a go now :)

HW 192
    CW 136
    Would like to lose 3lb this month, hope zumba helps
    GW 133
    And an inch off the mummy tummy would be great.
  • azshorty1115
    azshorty1115 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I cant find my measuring tape but as soon as i do i will post my measurements...ill also weigh in tomorrow morning after i wake up and go to the bathroom!!
  • aljamom
    aljamom Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Here are my stats:

SW 150
    GW 128
    hips 38
    butt 42
    waist 36
    thigh 24

off to do my zumba for the day
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I did my day 1, 50mins and 370 cals (hrm)
  • aljamom
    aljamom Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Ok -did 32 minutes of zumba today.
  • nenenene1234
    Options
    I would like to join here are my measurement:

weight: 243
    waist :47
    bust: 51
    hips: 57.25
  • sassarooroo