Fit For Future Families - November 2011

Options
Welcome everyone!

This group is being started to lend support and motivation to those who are TTC, or plan to TTC.

Fit For Families is NOT for pregnant women, I would ask that you join one of our sister groups, (they're really great there!!). For people looking for general pregnancy support and not wanting to gain too much:http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/357645-pregnancy-october-2011. For people who are VERY active and want to maintain that level while pregnant: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/380656-fit-fabulous-and-pregnant-october-2011

This group is very goal-oriented (no matter what your goals are) and I hope will be a place for you to come share your story and track your progress.

Check in is each Monday to keep us accountable over the weekend. Each week we set our own fitness or health goals, and the more suggestions the better!

A couple of guidelines to follow:
:smile: If you offend members you will be asked to leave.
:smile: If you pressure people to your point of view (religious or otherwise) you will be asked to leave.
:smile: If you push unfounded medical practices on others (bloodletting, self-medicating with herbs, ignoring medical advice, etc), you will be asked to stop, and possibly asked to leave.

Although we understand that people approach health issues in different ways, this board recommends seeing your doctor above all else.

Link to our last thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/357772-fit-for-future-families-october-2011

If you are new and want to join us, please give us some background on yourself. You can find all of ours on the August 2011 thread.

Job:
Length of time on the board:
Marital Status:
Length of time you've been with SO:
Do you have kids:
Length of time TTC:
Diagnosis:
Do you chart your BBT:
Do you use OPKs:
Are you on any meds for TTC:
Height:
Weight:
Goal Weight:
Strange fact about yourself:

Look forward to getting to know you!

Replies

• jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    And here are the basics!

:flowerforyou: First of all, Google is your friend! But be sure you take it with a grain of salt. We'll happily help you sort through it all!
    :flowerforyou: Best way to know your cycle is to track your Basal Body Temperature (BBT). Best website for this is www.fertilityfriends.com.
    :flowerforyou: Best place to get OPKs and HPTs (in bulk) and for cheap: www.early-pregnancy-tests.com or Amazon - buying in the store is too expensive! :grumble:
    :flowerforyou: And finally, because TTC has a secret language (okay, not really, but we're too lazy to write everything out), here's the basic abbreviations for you!

2WW - Two-week wait until time to take pregnancy test (approximately 14 days after ovulation)
    AF - Aunt Flo (menstruation)
    ART - Assisted Reproductive Technology
    AW- Attention *kitten*
    BCP - Birth Control Pills
    BBT - Basal Body Temperature
    BD - Big Deed (baby making sex)
    BFN - Big Fat Negative (home pregnancy test result)
    BFP - Big Fat Positive (home pregnancy test result)
    BIL - Brother-in-Law
    BRU - Babies R Us Store
    BW or B/W - Blood Work
    CD - Cycle day
    CM - Cervical Mucus
    D&C - Dilation & Curettage
    DD - Dear/Darling Daughter or Designated Driver
    DC - Dear/Darling Child
    DH - Dear/Darling Husband
    DPO - Days past ovulation
    DS - Dear/Darling Son
    EDD - Estimated Due Date
    ENDO - Endometriosis
    ER - Emergency Room
    ET - Embryo Transfer
    ETA- Edited to add
    EWCM - Egg White Cervical Mucus
    FET - Frozen Embryo Transfer
    FMU - First morning urine
    FRER - First Response Early Response
    FSH - Follicle Stimulating Hormone
    F/U - Follow-up
    FWIW- For What It’s Worth
    HCG - Human Chorionic Gonadotropin
    HPT - Home Pregnancy Test
    IBS - Irritable Bowel Syndrome
    ICSI - Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection
    IF - Infertility
    IMO- In My Opinion
    IMHO- In My Humble Opinion
    IRL- In Real Life
    IUI - Intra-uterine Insemination
    IVF - In Vitro Fertilization
    KU- Knocked Up
    LAP - Laparoscopy
    LH - Luteinizing Hormone
    LMP - Last Menstrual Period
    LO - Little one
    LP - Luteal phase
    LPD - Luteal Phase Defect
    M/C - Miscarriage
    MFI - Male Factor Infertility
    MS - Morning Sickness
    O - Ovulation
    OB - Obstetrician
    OB/GYN - Obstetrician/Gynecologist
    OHSS - Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome
    OP - Original Poster
    OPK - Ovulation Predictor Kit
    OTC - Over-the-counter
    PCOS (POS) - Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
    PID - Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
    PMS - Premenstrual Syndrome
    PNV - Prenatal vitamin
    POAS - Pee On A Stick
    PP- PostPartum or Previous Poster
    RE - Reproductive Endocrinologist
    S/A - Sperm/semen analysis
    SAHM - Stay At Home Mom
    SO- Significant Other
    TCOYF - Taking Charge of Your Fertility (book)
    TIA - Thanks in Advance
    TMI - Too Much Information
    TSH - Thyroid Stimulating Hormone
    TTA - Trying to Avoid
    TTC - Trying To Conceive
    US or u/s - Ultrasound
    UTI - Urinary Tract Infection
    VBAC - Vaginal birth after caesarian
    WBC - White Blood Cells
    WWYD- What Would You Do
    YI - Yeast infection
  • angelxxoh
    Options
    Where you live: Daytona Beach, FL
    Job: Nurse
    Length of time on the board: ?
    Marital Status: Engaged, getting married 12-2-2012
    Length of time you've been with SO: 5 years
    Do you have kids: 18 month old adopted daughter
    Length of time TTC: 3.5 years
    Diagnosis: PCOS
    Do you chart your BBT: I haven't been, as we've been on a break but next cycle i will be.
    Do you use OPKs: yes
    Are you on any meds for TTC: not currently, i've been on Clomid / metformin and HCG injections.
    Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 206.4lbs
    Goal Weight: 145lbs.
    Strange fact about yourself: I OBSESS over trying to get pregnant, pregnancy, babies, etc. LOL
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Bump!

And my update: Just returned from my second visit with my acupuncturist. I like her a lot and I really like that my OB/GYN is completely on board.

But, I think I had too large of an afternoon snack because now I feel rather ill.

I'm on CD28 and I maaaaay have ovulated? Hard to tell on my chart since it looks like the rocky mountains. OPKs weren't much help, but it could be that I just missed the positive. Sigh.
  • jarrettfam
    jarrettfam Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I posted on Sept 2011 but forgot last month! So here it goes!!!

Where you live: WV
    Job: foster mom
    Marital Status: married
    Length of time you've been with SO: 10 yr
    Do you have kids: 2 step-children and 3 foster children
    Length of time TTC: going on 8 months
    Diagnosis: VR
    Do you chart your BBT: no
    Do you use OPKs: yes
    Are you on any meds for TTC: nothing, just prenatal vit
    Height: 5'5"
    Weight: 272
    Goal Weight: 180
    Strange fact about yourself: Used to live on a 14 sq mile island!

Im still trying! I had a m/c on Sept 20. I think I was about 2 months along but the Dr. wont tell me anything! I didnt know I was preg. I had all the symptoms but didnt test b/c I had a light AF. I should have thought to because of other family members that have AF while preg! I cant say that I know what to do now b/c the Dr wasnt any help, oh well. We are trying again!! Hoping for BFP!!!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • melissaforster07
    melissaforster07 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I feel as if I never say hello anymore....I have been reading all of your posts, but haven't had the time to stop by and say hello. Hopefully November will be better. Thinking of you all lots... and of course...sending baby dust! :-)
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Today was bloodwork day - had my full panel done plus my pregnancy test (for the provera to jump start my cycle).....halloween was awesome, even if it did get a little raunchy. My neighbours all crowded onto the driveway and we had a big bonfire going.....somehow someone suggested vandalising our next door neighbours inukshuk (stone man)......let's just say someone gave up their undies and we had a left over cucumber and someone else grabbed the duct tape and the sparkly belt......LOL I was taking pics of the get up and they came out and we all had a good laugh.....LOL This was well after the trick or treaters (and there was no alcohol involved....LOL) Overall it was a spectacular night....good company, good fun, good candy! Happy Hallowe'en, back to the normal world tomorrow....
  • dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    did my home test this morning, could not say what that big fat says!!

then 2nd line is very light, and other line is ver clear. is this just BFN

i usually had 1-5 days late periods but this year i had 10-12 days late periods 3 earlier this the 4th time.

but i this month I think i O'd earlier though i dont use OPK OR BBT but i could feel that. according that its more than 25DPO
  • pinksultana
    pinksultana Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I hope it's ok for me to join? I would LOVE to be at the stage of TTC but I'm not allowed to start trying until my thyroid condition stabilises due to health risks to baby if I concieve now. Do I am working towards this very much!!!!

Where you live: Victoria, Australia
    Job: school welfare worker
    Length of time on the board: on and off for 3 years, hopefully on for good this time
    Marital Status: Married - 7 years in 2 weeks!
    Do you have kids: not yet
    Length of time TTC: 0
    Diagnosis: Poly cystic ovarian syndrome, insulin issue being looked into, hypothyroidism
    Do you chart your BBT: No
    Do you use OPKs: No
    Are you on any meds for TTC: metformin
    Height: 162cm
    Weight: 125.7kg
    Goal Weight: 75kg
    Strange fact about yourself: I make bridal jewellery & have done 14 weddings do far
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    pls let know what u guys think

IMG_0968.jpg

Untitled.png
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options

IMG_0968.jpg
    IMG_0967.jpg

If you are looking for two lines, that's definitely two lines, which is good. If, like OPKs, you're looking for the lines to be the same colour, then I'd say not quite, but you should test again in a few days, you're very early to be testing although fine). Most tests require 12DPO to test. What brand and what are you looking for?
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options

IMG_0968.jpg
    IMG_0967.jpg

If you are looking for two lines, that's definitely two lines, which is good. If, like OPKs, you're looking for the lines to be the same colour, then I'd say not quite, but you should test again in a few days, you're very early to be testing although fine). Most tests require 12DPO to test. What brand and what are you looking for?

its SMART LIFE dBest and it says its ultra sensitive.
    and it was my 2nd urine of the day, first one was very early my DH got me this kit b4 going to office
  • pixieofdoom
    pixieofdoom Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Sunds like a fab weekend Emily and an excellent Halloween Pam!

Dexters - definitely two lines but as Pam says, what kind of test and what do you need to see?

Welcome to the new people, good to see so many although I admit to struggling to keep up so bear with me! I was on the depo jab too and am just getting back to normal now so feel free to ask me anything if I can help. I think it's pretty different for everyone.

AFM the slight chest infection is not so slight anymore and I'm now coughing up small streaks of blood. I'm pretty sure it's just irritation in the throst from constant coughing but going to get it checked just in case. It's so frustrating as I had such great plans for getting back into my exercise program after messing around for the last few months and not taking it seriously enough. I can't even do laundry without a huge coughing fit though so I guess getting better will have to come first.

Anyone heard how Karen (Kah) is getting on?
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    AFM the slight chest infection is not so slight anymore and I'm now coughing up small streaks of blood. I'm pretty sure it's just irritation in the throst from constant coughing but going to get it checked just in case. It's so frustrating as I had such great plans for getting back into my exercise program after messing around for the last few months and not taking it seriously enough. I can't even do laundry without a huge coughing fit though so I guess getting better will have to come first.

ooh, definitely take it easy and go to the doctor. Are you on antibiotics already? blood streaking usually means damage to the lungs from bronchitis or pneumonia, no more exercise for you for a while!

Dexter's, how did you find the willpower to wait a week after your period was due to test? It looks positive to me

I have been nauseous and bloated this past week with vague pelvic pains. My period is one day late but I am afraid to test. What if it's positive but turns out to be a chemical pregnancy? Will probably test tomorrow instead of when I am a week late instead because my psychotic mind is starting to think I'm definitely pregnant and I gotta nip crazy in the bud! :laugh:
  • LizV32
    LizV32 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Where you live: Saipan, Northern Mariana Islands
    Job: 2nd grade teacher
    Marital Status: Married
    Do you have kids: nope
    Length of time TTC: 1 year 1 month
    Diagnosis:
    Do you chart your BBT: not consistently
    Do you use OPKs: a few times, not consistently
    Are you on any meds for TTC: nope
    Height: 5’1.5
    Weight: 203
    Goal Weight: 150
    Strange fact about yourself: I’m living on a 20 square mile tropical island, that is a territory of the U.S
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    Hi all,

Sunds like a fab weekend Emily and an excellent Halloween Pam!

Dexters - definitely two lines but as Pam says, what kind of test and what do you need to see?

Welcome to the new people, good to see so many although I admit to struggling to keep up so bear with me! I was on the depo jab too and am just getting back to normal now so feel free to ask me anything if I can help. I think it's pretty different for everyone.

Anyone heard how Karen (Kah) is getting on?

thanks pam and pixieofdoom, but i couldnt understand ur query earlier its pregnancy test
    going for blood test in the evening
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options

ooh, definitely take it easy and go to the doctor. Are you on antibiotics already? blood streaking usually means damage to the lungs from bronchitis or pneumonia, no more exercise for you for a while!

Dexter's, how did you find the willpower to wait a week after your period was due to test? It looks positive to me

I have been nauseous and bloated this past week with vague pelvic pains. My period is one day late but I am afraid to test. What if it's positive but turns out to be a chemical pregnancy? Will probably test tomorrow instead of when I am a week late instead because my psychotic mind is starting to think I'm definitely pregnant and I gotta nip crazy in the bud! :laugh:

well my hubby doesnt let me do it before AF is 12 days late. today its 10 days late but today morning i cried so he bring this home pregnancy test kit
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Dexters!!! Congratulations! That's a BFP!!!! Yay!! I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    Dexters!!! Congratulations! That's a BFP!!!! Yay!! I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:

oh thanks jalara!i hope so

in our mother language in such situations when the other person is saying what u want to listen

"loads of sweets and butter in your mouth"

Wish me luck guys
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options

If I'm having even vague symptoms I'm lucky if I make it all the way to a missed period before testing. i normally end up getting the early ones and testing like 4 or 5 days before then going "well it's negative but it could be false because I took it so early"...why do I torture myself?!

Dex: CONTRATULATIONS! I can't wait to hear what the blood work says, but that definitely looks positive to me!

AFM: I am expecting to be late because I was last month and there are no signs that AF is on her way. THIS month I will not test early! Especially because we were trying to prevent (though inconsistantly) This weekend we didn't try to prevent at all because I am supposed to start this week, but I don't know if/when I O'd so who freakin knows?

The other day hubby asked if I could even have kids. I was like "holy crap, we've only been trying for like 4 months" But I bet that his bro's girl getting preggo when they weren't even trying got to him. I am less convinced that I had a miscarriage/CP a couple months ago because of how my cycle is so abnormal. Nancy (Pantera) told me not to stress out about it though because sometimes it takes time. just because my sister gets preggo from thinking about having a babie doesn't mean I will! I know God has a plan and I can't help but think that the reason I haven't gotten pregnant yet is because He knew I would need surgery, so we'll see what happens in December!