Fit For Future Families - November 2011

Options

Replies

• texasmissy
    texasmissy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello all! my husband and I are actively TTC. It has been a rough road. We tried to get pregnant for 1.5 yrs and finally became pregnant last Feb/2011 (750mg/day Metformin) Our first son, Connor was stillborn almost 3 months ago on August 13th. I got my first AF in October, so now were back on the TTC train. I need all the support/advice I can get so bring it on!

Where you live: San Antonio, Texas
    Job: None BUT I WANT ONE! :)
    Length of time on the board: just joined
    Marital Status: Married
    Length of time you've been with SO: 2 years 9 mos.
    Do you have kids: 1 baby boy in heaven
    Length of time TTC: just started again this month
    Diagnosis: PCOS
    Do you chart your BBT: Yes
    Do you use OPKs: Yes
    Are you on any meds for TTC: Metformin Extended Release 750mg once daily
    Height: 5'5
    Weight: 225
    Goal Weight: 145
    Strange fact about yourself: Control Freak! So this obesity/PCOS thing really bums me out :(
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about Connor. Do you know why he was stillborn?
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    TexasMissy: Welcome, and I'm SOOOOOO sorry to hear about your son. That has got to be one of the hardest things a woman can go through! I seriously tear up just thinking about it. HUGS

this forum is moving SO FAST, just wanted to pop on and say hello to everyone. Got AF this week and I'm actually excited about it because she seems to be "normal" and on time! :) So i just gotta prevent for one more month and hopefully by December I'll have my surgery and be back on the baby making train! (OK, I'll probably still be recovering in December but maybe January)

good luck everyone
  • titlich
    Options
    Hello all! my husband and I are actively TTC. It has been a rough road. We tried to get pregnant for 1.5 yrs and finally became pregnant last Feb/2011 (750mg/day Metformin) Our first son, Connor was stillborn almost 3 months ago on August 13th. I got my first AF in October, so now were back on the TTC train. I need all the support/advice I can get so bring it on!

Welcome texasmissy to the group...I am sorry to hear about your loss.. I lost my son(Arnay Teo) this July and now we are actively trying for our rainbow... Feel free to talk to me... Hugs to you !!
  • meggamix
    meggamix Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    ok so cd7 for me! going so slow! should be oving anytime from cd17-20! which seems far away! hey ho, patience is virtue i guess. fingers crossed :)
    I feel you! Waiting through cycles for specific dates can drive anyone crazy!
  • Smores18
    Smores18 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    5dpo today, 4 more days before I allow myself to start testing. I lost 2 lbs this morning!! Yay! I'm well on my way to making my goal this time!
  • smanibhai
    Options
    Hey ladies! It's time for a post!

So I turned 31 this past Tuesday, and it was a little rough. I thought I would have at least 1 baby by now, and last year I expected that I would at least be pregnant by now. But no. BUT I only had 1 real cry and relaxed the rest of the day. Hubby wanted to take me out but instead I wanted nachos at home, The Biggest Loser and some chocolate. And he gave me that, plus a new ssewing machine, an angel figurine, and he's paying for me to become a redhead next week!

Yesterday I was feeling better about being 31 - I guess I'm just accepting it!

35 was my tough birthday. I wanted to be finished with 2 kids by then, and instead I had spent 5 years working on it with no results. Fortunately I got good news within a month, but it wasn't a fun day for me. Maybe you will get your good news next month - I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Sorry I disappeared, I was afraid to say I got a BFP, as if that would jinx it. But it's been more and more positive each time, so I'm fessing up. :happy: Hubby and I are trying not to get our hopes up until after the 1st trimester, but I'm grateful I was able to conceive again so quickly.

I do want to weigh in on the exercise. It has never been shown to cause miscarriage, to be super cautious you can get a HRM and limit your heart rate to the 150s. But most experts recommend no change is needed from your regular routine. My ob/gyn recommends no limit in the 1st trimester and 150s HR in the 2nd and 3rd. I have stopped doing HIIT (pushing my HR to 170s and 180s) and am sticking to a 160-165 max the 1st trimester out of an abundance of caution.

Exercise has been shown to improve pregnancy outcomes, so go for it, at least a walk and weights (with no limits on the weights unless you have an injury)

Cheers. I will be around. I don't feel comfortable going to the other thread yet cause every updated post after I miscarried was a painful reminder. :ohwell:
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Sorry I disappeared, I was afraid to say I got a BFP, as if that would jinx it. But it's been more and more positive each time, so I'm fessing up. :happy: Hubby and I are trying not to get our hopes up until after the 1st trimester, but I'm grateful I was able to conceive again so quickly.

I do want to weigh in on the exercise. It has never been shown to cause miscarriage, to be super cautious you can get a HRM and limit your heart rate to the 150s. But most experts recommend no change is needed from your regular routine. My ob/gyn recommends no limit in the 1st trimester and 150s HR in the 2nd and 3rd. I have stopped doing HIIT (pushing my HR to 170s and 180s) and am sticking to a 160-165 max the 1st trimester out of an abundance of caution.

Exercise has been shown to improve pregnancy outcomes, so go for it, at least a walk and weights (with no limits on the weights unless you have an injury)

Cheers. I will be around. I don't feel comfortable going to the other thread yet cause every updated post after I miscarried was a painful reminder. :ohwell:

Congrats honey!!!!!! LOL I was thinking about you the other day. I'm so glad the disappearance was for a good reason!!!!!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Cutemd - congrats!

Smores - fingers crossed!

texasmissy (tm) - I'm so sorry for your loss!

AFM - I have a sneaking feeling that Heather went into labour last night (for those that know her). Her last post said she had been have small contractions, and she was going to try to move them along... and then nothing. I really hope baby will be here soon!

More on me later, I have a meeting to get to this morning.
  • dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! It's time for a post!

So I turned 31 this past Tuesday, and it was a little rough. I thought I would have at least 1 baby by now, and last year I expected that I would at least be pregnant by now. But no. BUT I only had 1 real cry and relaxed the rest of the day. Hubby wanted to take me out but instead I wanted nachos at home, The Biggest Loser and some chocolate. And he gave me that, plus a new ssewing machine, an angel figurine, and he's paying for me to become a redhead next week!

Yesterday I was feeling better about being 31 - I guess I'm just accepting it!

35 was my tough birthday. I wanted to be finished with 2 kids by then, and instead I had spent 5 years working on it with no results. Fortunately I got good news within a month, but it wasn't a fun day for me. Maybe you will get your good news next month - I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

certainly almost similar situation happened to me. this oct, i turned 30, and in my late teens i always thot i should have kids b4 turning 30, and my DH used to say his father who married very late and was father with 1st kid at age of 32 and my DH born when he was 34 and that y they have generation gap, we married when DH was 26 and I was 25 and now DH will be father when he will turn 32, may be our kid say this generation gap too, history repeats itself.

Now i know i was pregnant on bday, no one gave me bday present this year not even DH no cake cutting nothing, But God had saved this present for me.

Keep praying, God is the greatest
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Jalara - My fingers are crossed for her!!! I hope her delivery is a smooth one!!!! So excited!!! Enjoy your meeting

Dexter - Isn`t it funny how things turn out?

AFM: Today is a busy one. I'm leaving shortly for my dentist appointment. After that I have to fly back uptown to go to a book sale - Seriously, children's books $1, Fiction paperbacks $2 and hardcovers $4....gonna make for awesome Christmas gifts. Then we have a meeting for our membership beach on the enhancements they're putting in next year and finally I have about 10 women coming over tonight to help make our centerpieces for our renewal.....the misc. DH's are going to fix my front porch and then jet off to the bar for a guys night out.....overall busy but not in a bad way!!!! On another note, has anyone seen Luki around lately (or did I miss another preggo post???)?
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options

congrats melissa! very happy for you.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    we had a car crash right in front of our house at 12:20 last night. it took 2 hours to get it all cleared up so we could head back to bed. then three roller hockey games today, starting at 7:30 this morning. i am tired. i have a lot of lower abdominal pain today and i am hoping that means ovulation! keep me in your thoughts please; i need to ovulate before monday. a girl in my bible study announced that she is having twin girls in march. i am so happy for her... so happy and so jealous. sigh. i hate that i am jealous, but i am.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations!

As for me, I'm currently on CD33. I don't know when to expect AF since my cycles have been all over the place for the past year. I got some light cramping a couple days ago and then some veeeeery light spotting today, but otherwise, nothing. My last cycle was 56 days (or I missed a cycle, however you look at it). My BBT chart looks like the rocky mountains. I'm feeling SOOOO impatient and I realize that getting all worked up about it is not going to help matters.

I have to reframe things. So, instead of being impatient, I'll try to think of it this way -- not being able to conceive right away means that:
    - I can finish my dissertation and go through the stress of the defense without creating a stressful environment in my womb
    - I can really get my vitamin, mineral, and omega-3 levels up by following a pre-conception/fertility diet so as to really give a baby the best conditions for growth and development
  • sdavisneill
    sdavisneill Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    More newbies, yay!! Welcome awdamn & Congratulations on your marriage!! Welcome also to Dixiejo, sarahwright, powellfam, archiesjess, ann945n, & texasmissy. Sorry for all the names I missed while I was out of town.

Dawn, thinking good thoughts for you.

Pam, I know that feeling when bad stuff comes in groups. I truly believe that there is balance in the universe, though, so something good is bound to happen! Always thinking good thoughts for you!

Happy Birthday Jalara! What great news that things are progressing well with your IVF process. And congrats on passing your test and getting your military release in process. What a happy warm post to read from you!! Oh & PS, that cupcake pic was just sinful!!

Destiny, your before/after pic is awesome! Way to go!!

Smores, nice loss!

Melissa (cutmd) CONGRATULATIONS!! Fingers crossed that everything works out just right this time. Very happy for you!

kaitlinj, good positive thoughts! Stay strong!

AFM, I've got the house to myself this afternoon. It's my first day off in two weeks. Went to breakfast with hubby before he had to go to work and now I'm totally relaxing, watching bad tv and playing on my computer. I may do some projects around the house or get back on track with my 30DS later today, but I'm not pushing it. It's kind of nice to have no real commitments today. Hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the weekend!

:flowerforyou: Stephanie
  • powellfam2006
    powellfam2006 Posts: 391 Member
    Options

CONGRATS!!!
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Congrats Melissa! I'm SOOO excited for you; I hope it sticks!!!

AFM- Still waiting for AF. It's been about 6 weeks since she last visited. I'm sure it's just because I've gone off BCP recently, but how long it is supposed to it take?
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I've stalked this post a few times but never posted, so here it goes.

Where you live: Ohio
    Job: Claims adjustor
    Length of time on the board: right around 80 days
    Marital Status: married
    Length of time you've been with SO: 8 years
    Do you have kids: no
    Length of time TTC: 2.5 years
    Diagnosis: none, really. Dr states my progestrone is low but not really low enough to be causing a problem and my luteal phase is short but not short enough to be causing the problem.
    Do you chart your BBT: I have in the past but do not anymore.
    Do you use OPKs: yes
    Are you on any meds for TTC: pre-natals, clomid 50 mg, estogen 3mg, and progrestrone suppositories (and I hate them with a passion, my side effects are pregnancy symptoms.)
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 249
    Goal Weight: 180
    Strange fact about yourself: My mom was 36 almost 37 when she had me and I wonder if history is going to make me wait another year to repeat itself.

We had our first IUI this month. We have our fingers crossed and are praying. My AF is due in 3 days, I tested this AM and its a BFN. The progestrone is really throwing me for a loop this month. Baby dust to all.
  • tinachris1
    Options
    Hello all! DH and I have been trying to concieve since we've been married. I was on BC since I was 15 due to really bad periods where I would get cramps so bad that I would pass out and stopped BC January 2006. I didn't see a RE until 2009 and that year went through all the tests, began medication and had 3 unsuccessful IUIs. I'm lucky that in IL my insurance pays for infertility, but even with that, we were not able to afford to continue. Plus at the end of 2009, I really needed to get off the roller coaster that is TTC. At the last meeting with the RE, he said that losing weight may help. I've finally gotten to the point where I am serious about losing weight and becoming more healthy. DH and I have not officially began TTC again, and I don't want to until I have lost about 50 lbs, although TTC is always in the back of my mind. (I've found it is very hard to get it out of your mind once you have begun). Please feel free to ask any questions! I started to track my food intake last week and this week will be incorporating my excercise. This feels like a supportive board and I am looking forward to becoming part of it!

Where you live: IL
    Job: Social worker
    Length of time on the board: 1 day
    Marital Status: Married
    Length of time you've been with SO: 15 years, 6 married
    Do you have kids: Only furry ones
    Length of time TTC: 6 years
    Diagnosis: don't have one, when I was seeing a RE my progesterone was a little low and I think my lutal phasse is too short
    Do you chart your BBT: Not now, have in the past
    Do you use OPKs: Not now, have in the past
    Are you on any meds for TTC: None currently.
    Height: 5'4"
    Weight: 265
    Goal Weight: 150
    Strange fact about yourself: I'm a faternal twin (have a twin brother) and my mother was/is a clown!

Christina