Fit For Future Families - November 2011

Options

Replies

• keliser
    Options
    Hello :) I'm Kristen and DH and I have been ttc for 2 years now. I have PCOS and need to lose some LBs!! We are currently in a break cycle due to cysts. Should get AF in about a week, then we will be using Clomid/Follistim/Ovidrel for our first IUI. Good Luck to everyone in their weightloss and ttc goals!! <3
  • sdavisneill
    sdavisneill Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! I'm back from my meeting/conference in upstate New York. It was one of the most inspirational, reinvigorating professional things I've ever participated in. My company is a printing and fulfillment company and we belong to this group of international printers. Executives from each of the companies meet twice a year in various places around the world to share ideas and brainstorm ways to improve our industry. And in some cases, like with my company, we actually partner up on some global business projects. Since we're from all over the world, we don't really compete with each other, so we can be very open and honest with our sharing. Plus, the people are extremely smart and very nice. This was my first meeting and I can't wait to attend more. There was a lot of good food and drinking throughout the whole event (I didn't track), so I think I'll be pulling double time in the gym through the rest of this week. The only yuck part of the the last 5 days was that AF showed up. Grrrrrr!

I skimmed all the posts, but frankly, I'm just too exhausted to catch-up properly. Welcome to all the newbies. But most importantly, CONGRATS Dexter!!! And Yay Karen!!! *HUGS* to you both & baby dust to everyone else.

:flowerforyou: Stephanie
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies,
    I am 7 dpo. I have been doing Zumba for the last 3 months. I am starting to have bad stomach cramps that feel like a pulled muscle in my stomach. :frown: My husband to me to stop the Zumba and walk or go swimming instead. I'm kind of sad.:sad: I really love Zumba and the quick weight loss that goes with it. I just dont want to take a chance of having another m/c. Is there any other excercise that would be more comfortable on my body or more gentle on it. I still want to try to loose weight till I get preg. Then I just want to stay very healthy and watch my intake (if possible). I'm open to any ideas. :ohwell: Thanks!

I know what you mean. I keep worrying about whether the 30DS is too much for me if I do happen to be in the early stages of pregnancy. None of the advice seems to go back as far as conception.

If and when I get a BFP, I shall be onto Amazon to get a pregnancy workout DVD. My last pregnancy slaughtered my back, so I would like to work on staying strong and in shape if I get pregnant again.

It is so exciting having started to TTC, but I'm not looking forward to waiting so anxiously for AF. Mine is between 19-25 days, so I could know the bad news by this time next week, but for good news I'd have to wait for the same time the week after!

What I have heard on the exercise front is to listen to your body.....you can do as much as you handle. Te one exception seems to be kickboxing videos.....too much bending an dwisting. Definitely find something else you enjoy...Spinning or swimming are options...just try to stay away from too much ab work if you're cramping up
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies,
    I am 7 dpo. I have been doing Zumba for the last 3 months. I am starting to have bad stomach cramps that feel like a pulled muscle in my stomach. :frown: My husband to me to stop the Zumba and walk or go swimming instead. I'm kind of sad.:sad: I really love Zumba and the quick weight loss that goes with it. I just dont want to take a chance of having another m/c. Is there any other excercise that would be more comfortable on my body or more gentle on it. I still want to try to loose weight till I get preg. Then I just want to stay very healthy and watch my intake (if possible). I'm open to any ideas. :ohwell: Thanks!

I know what you mean. I keep worrying about whether the 30DS is too much for me if I do happen to be in the early stages of pregnancy. None of the advice seems to go back as far as conception.

If and when I get a BFP, I shall be onto Amazon to get a pregnancy workout DVD. My last pregnancy slaughtered my back, so I would like to work on staying strong and in shape if I get pregnant again.

It is so exciting having started to TTC, but I'm not looking forward to waiting so anxiously for AF. Mine is between 19-25 days, so I could know the bad news by this time next week, but for good news I'd have to wait for the same time the week after!

What I have heard on the exercise front is to listen to your body.....you can do as much as you handle. Te one exception seems to be kickboxing videos.....too much bending an dwisting. Definitely find something else you enjoy...Spinning or swimming are options...just try to stay away from too much ab work if you're cramping up

If I listened to my body right now, I'd spend all day in bed! :laugh:

Seriously, I'm exhausted. Now if that's my body washing me with pregnancy hormones, I'd like to listen, but if it's just wishful thinking, I'd rather not!
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Not sure if i fit into this group just yet, We're not planning to start trying until end of January (ish) I'm getting married in 8 days and I'm the Maid of Honor in my best friends wedding Jan 21st ( yes we're getting married 2 months apart, needless to say we've been busy)

If i'm too soon to be in the group I totally understand. :D
    THANKS!

Where you live: Delaware
    Job: Peri-operative Business Clerk
    Length of time on the board: about a year
    Marital Status: engaged ( getting married in like 8 days) EEEEEKKKKK!!!!
    Length of time you've been with SO: approx 3 years
    Do you have kids: furry ones
    Length of time TTC: not yet starting in January
    Diagnosis: Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome
    Do you chart your BBT: no
    Do you use OPKs: i have an app for that. :D well an app that "predicts" it based on my cycle
    Are you on any meds for TTC: just basic vitamins and folic acid ( to help aid in the preparation of the baby hotel)
    Height: 5'4 ( almost)
    Weight: 194.6
    Goal Weight: 155-170
    Strange fact about yourself: I myself was 2 months premature and almost died in the womb.
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Not sure if i fit into this group just yet, We're not planning to start trying until end of January (ish) I'm getting married in 8 days and I'm the Maid of Honor in my best friends wedding Jan 21st ( yes we're getting married 2 months apart, needless to say we've been busy)

THANKS!

Do you use OPKs: i have an app for that. :D well an app that "predicts" it based on my cycle
    Are you on any meds for TTC: just basic vitamins and folic acid ( to help aid in the preparation of the baby hotel)
    Strange fact about yourself: I myself was 2 months premature and almost died in the womb.

Yay yay you fit you fit!!! LOL Seriously though - there is a lot of TTC talk, but if you're planning on, you should be getting yourself into baby making mode health wise around 3 months before TTC, so good timing. The three months makes sure you have appropriate nutrient levels so that when you do conceive you provide the best possible start for the pregnancy (barring any issues with conception - which with a healthy couple with no issues can take up to a year!). Sounds like you're already doing that - GOOD FOR YOU!!!! I see you have PCOS too, which I do too, it's a struggle, but it's definitely worth starting now!

uys I'm gg to be late, I'll respond back to the rest when I get home (nice to have you back Steph!)
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options

THANKS!

Yay yay you fit you fit!!! LOL Seriously though - there is a lot of TTC talk, but if you're planning on, you should be getting yourself into baby making mode health wise around 3 months before TTC, so good timing. The three months makes sure you have appropriate nutrient levels so that when you do conceive you provide the best possible start for the pregnancy (barring any issues with conception - which with a healthy couple with no issues can take up to a year!). Sounds like you're already doing that - GOOD FOR YOU!!!! I see you have PCOS too, which I do too, it's a struggle, but it's definitely worth starting now!

uys I'm gg to be late, I'll respond back to the rest when I get home (nice to have you back Steph!)

ok goody! thanks so much! I look forward to keeping up with everyone.

I may not be around too much for the next two weeks. I'll be off having honeymoon PROTECTED LOVIN!!!! Practice makes perfect!
  • dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    keren-love the poppy dot, see u on ther board,let me know what r u doing about being active

awdamm-my DH always says practice makes u:)

Fitterpm-u did the research on dates, thanks it was quite informative, I would recommend 3 other things, fig and black seed(Nigella sativa)
    Combine Powdered Cinnamon+honey(equal portions) and apply 1/4 tsp on gums twice a day or more, research is available on net, i was doing it for almost 3 months, I never thot it will help conception wise, I used to take take it more for the another benefit which will be helpful in upcoming winter, it improves the immunity, and its my personal experience for last 3 years, if I am taking it, even if my house members have flu, i remain healthy.

And thanks everybody for your good wishes

Im praying for all of you and hope to see u soon on other board.

Happy Living
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Hello :) I'm Kristen and DH and I have been ttc for 2 years now. I have PCOS and need to lose some LBs!! We are currently in a break cycle due to cysts. Should get AF in about a week, then we will be using Clomid/Follistim/Ovidrel for our first IUI. Good Luck to everyone in their weightloss and ttc goals!! <3
    Yahoo! You made it! Hi and welcome!!!
  • jalara
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies!!!!!

I'm not around much theses days, but I'm thinking about you!!!!
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Dixie. I'm not new to this site, but I am new to this forum. I've been on mfp for about a year and a half (since I had my son) trying to get back into great shape and back to my pre pregnancy weight.. MFP has definitely helped me achieve that goal and then some. Now hopefully it can help me achieve my next goal of ttc a second little one. Glad to meet y'all!
    Where you live: New Orleans, LA
    Job: Dispatcher
    Length of time on the board: year and a half
    Marital Status: Married
    Length of time you've been with SO: 5 years
    Do you have kids: My son Trace (a.k.a Trace Monster :happy: )
    Length of time TTC: 5 months
    Diagnosis: ?
    Do you chart your BBT: No but I'm thinking of starting
    Do you use OPKs: No, but thinking of trying those too
    Are you on any meds for TTC: No
    Height: 6'4"
    Weight: 185
    Goal Weight: 180
    Strange fact about yourself: I was insanely tall at birth (24 inches) and I am still insanely tall lol!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    no o tuesday. no o wednesday. no o so far today. ack! so frustrated! doctors are giving me a hcg shot tomorrow and i have until monday to o or we abandon the rest of the hormones. not sure if that means i get to try again next month for an o or if i am done-done and they won't prescribe any more. freaking out a little bit but trying to remember that my God has heard my prayers and has answered them.
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    My husband is calling the dot "poppy" as in "poppy seed".

i love that! it is so cute!
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    AFM - I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. We got the news today that someone close to the family passed away (she'd been in hospice for the last month with cancer, so we knew it was coming). Then I got word that my DH's cousin's girlfriend miscarried yesterday - my heart is broken for her. She's on the young side (22) but has medical issues. She's had 5 miscarriages so far - her family didn't believe that she was pregnant this time and her doctor didn't want to do the blood test, even though she can't take a HPT. She had an U/S a week ago and got to see her little one. A few days later was put on bed rest, but was told the baby was fine..... So we have two really bad pieces of news in a day - I'm waiting....these thigns happen in 3s.... *sigh* I dont' remember every post today - kind of foggy actually....probably should go have a nap

sorry to hear about all the bad news pam. :( praying things get better for you.
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    I keep worrying about whether the 30DS is too much for me if I do happen to be in the early stages of pregnancy. None of the advice seems to go back as far as conception.

i worry about that too. i am only doing yoga and running this month.
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    Hello ladies! I'm back from my meeting/conference in upstate New York. It was one of the most inspirational, reinvigorating professional things I've ever participated in. My company is a printing and fulfillment company and we belong to this group of international printers. Executives from each of the companies meet twice a year in various places around the world to share ideas and brainstorm ways to improve our industry. And in some cases, like with my company, we actually partner up on some global business projects. Since we're from all over the world, we don't really compete with each other, so we can be very open and honest with our sharing. Plus, the people are extremely smart and very nice. This was my first meeting and I can't wait to attend more. There was a lot of good food and drinking throughout the whole event (I didn't track), so I think I'll be pulling double time in the gym through the rest of this week. The only yuck part of the the last 5 days was that AF showed up. Grrrrrr!

sounds like a great conference. glad to see you back!
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    I'm getting married in 8 days.

congrats! have a wonderful wedding and honeymoon.
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Dixie. I'm not new to this site, but I am new to this forum. I've been on mfp for about a year and a half (since I had my son) trying to get back into great shape and back to my pre pregnancy weight.. MFP has definitely helped me achieve that goal and then some. Now hopefully it can help me achieve my next goal of ttc a second little one. Glad to meet y'all!

welcome dixie!
  • jalara
    Options
    Hey ladies! It's time for a post!

So I turned 31 this past Tuesday, and it was a little rough. I thought I would have at least 1 baby by now, and last year I expected that I would at least be pregnant by now. But no. BUT I only had 1 real cry and relaxed the rest of the day. Hubby wanted to take me out but instead I wanted nachos at home, The Biggest Loser and some chocolate. And he gave me that, plus a new ssewing machine, an angel figurine, and he's paying for me to become a redhead next week!

Yesterday I was feeling better about being 31 - I guess I'm just accepting it!

Today was an awesome day! Got a call from the RE today and she said hubby's sample was great, zero issues and we will not need ICSI. I am so so happy! She left a voicemail so I didn't get any numbers but this is great news!
    We can now pay for our IVF cycle and move forward!!! Yahoo!

Also today - I passed my final lab test for Pharmacology (clinical starts on Monday) and my release from the military is finally happening (it's been almost 2 years).

Health: SO on Tuesday night we had Nachos and I don't think I've digested them yet... it's weird - I feel like I'm being weighed down! I try to move as much as I can but up until this morning I was crazy busy trying to get through my practical test that I didn't have time for the gym (we're going tonight). I keep feeling like I'm goig to be sick whenever I try to eat anything else - which sucks! But I'm not really hungry either. I think for the next 36 hours I'm going to stick to water, fruits, veggies and some chicken and try to give my digestive track a break so it can do what it needs to. But because of all this I'm pretty sure I'm loading on the pounds in the last couple of days - everything is tight because I am so super bloated! Ugh.

It doesn't help that I haven't slept well all week - I'm going to go have a nap now so I have energy for the gym when DH gets home. This is nuts!

Hope you don't mind my rambling!
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Wow the board just keeps getting busier and busier.....

Welcome to the newcomers!!!

Dexter - I an see the naturopathic help for cinnamon and honey - honey is a natural antiseptic (they used to pour it on wounds it's just really messy) and by spreading it on the gums, you're basically killing off the bacteria in your mouth, which (I think it was Emily) already mentioned cause all kinds of havoc......if your body is constantly having to fight off infection, when the flu comes around, whamoo you get sick. The cinnamon is helps lower the body's reaction to sugar, which reduces the impact to your hormone levels :)

I see there are a couple of posts on the exercise topic :) Now bear in mind I'm a huge hypocrit (not to be confused with a huge hippopotamus....LOL Just kidding) when it comes to exercise. I know I should be and I don't. I sit around eating bon bons instead.....so I decided to take to the net. Most of the google responses were people like I wondering what to do, but I did find some overall excellent information on exercise and TTC:

http://infertility.health-info.org/natural-fertility-conception/natural-fertility-conception-home.html (This one has a great week by week chart on healthy living within the cycle!)

Should I avoid exercise after ovulation?
    Swimming and any other low impact exercise that doesn't over exert you are fine. It's best to avoid things like jogging and high impact aerobics. Avoid picking up anything too heavy during the waiting period (greater than 15 lbs.).

And finally congrats to whoever is getting married in 8 days..LOL I didn't see the original post so I'm not sure who said it ;) And Jalara, ramble away...it's been a while since we've had news :) I'm so happy that you're not in the ICSI boat!!!!! One step closer!!!

For those who want a laugh, google "Do a Barrel Roll'....I am amused!