Fit For Future Families - November 2011

Options

Replies

• questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Should I avoid exercise after ovulation?
    Avoid picking up anything too heavy during the waiting period (greater than 15 lbs.).

I mean no disrespect to you, fitterpam, but this part seems pretty unrealistic. I suppose it depends upon how much strength a person already has, but 15 lbs isn't that much weight. How would I even go grocery shopping?

I don't know. It just seems that women have been reproducing for a loooong time and, I am guessing, that many of them were out plowing fields and hauling wood (not to mention picking up younger children) even after ovulation.

Of course, I am definitely no expert. But I definitely feel healthier (not to mention less stressed out) when I do my regular strength workouts. I personally plan on maintaining my workout routine as consistently as I can while TTC and while pregnant but I suppose everyone needs to determine how much physical exertion feels right to them.
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am on board ladies. (At least I assume that everyone here "trying to conceive" are women. I suppose men could be on here supporting their women.....

Where you live: Washington
    Job: Secretary
    Length of time on the board: Day 1 of my return
    Marital Status: Married
    Length of time you've been with SO: 4 years
    Do you have kids: not yet
    Length of time TTC: Not trying at this moment
    Do you chart your BBT: Not yet
    Do you use OPKs: Not yet
    Are you on any meds for TTC: Nope, and hopefully I won't have to be! Want to be as natural as possible!
    Height: 5'2
    Weight: 216
    Goal Weight: 170
    Strange fact about yourself: I LOVE TO LOOK AT PEOPLES PREGNANCY PICS!
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am on board ladies. (At least I assume that everyone here "trying to conceive" are women. I suppose men could be on here supporting their women.....

Where you live: Washington
    Job: Secretary
    Length of time on the board: Day 1 of my return
    Length of time you've been with SO: 4 years
    Do you have kids: not yet
    Length of time TTC: Not trying at this moment
    Do you chart your BBT: Not yet
    Do you use OPKs: Not yet
    Are you on any meds for TTC: Nope, and hopefully I won't have to be! Want to be as natural as possible!
    Height: 5'2
    Weight: 216
    Goal Weight: 170
    Strange fact about yourself: I LOVE TO LOOK AT PEOPLES PREGNANCY PICS!
  • powellfam2006
    powellfam2006 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am hoping for baby #2. I kept pushing it off because it wasn't the right time, or it was to expensive daycare costs and the cost of having the baby. So finally my husband and I agreed it was time. Ali will be in school, Daycare will be cheaper. We tried for about a year then I went to the Dr. and I was put on Clomid. Did 3 cycles then was blessed with a baby girl. This time it has not be so quick at all. I am about to start my 5th cycle, and I am frustrated, on the verge of giving up. Any suggestions out there for the girls with PCOS. It is such a nightmare. Baby Dust to you all!!

Where you live: Yakima, WA
    Job: Admin Asst/Full Charge Bookkeeper
    Length of time on the board:
    Length of time you've been with SO: 12 years married for 9
    Do you have kids: 1 Girl Ali Mae (5)
    Length of time TTC: at least a year if not more.
    Diagnosis: PCOS
    Do you chart your BBT: NO
    Do you use OPKs: NO
    Are you on any meds for TTC: Clomid
    Height:
    Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Strange fact about yourself: I Hate Football season! It overtakes my house... and I don't like it!
  • Smores18
    Smores18 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Swimming and any other low impact exercise that doesn't over exert you are fine. It's best to avoid things like jogging and high impact aerobics. Avoid picking up anything too heavy during the waiting period (greater than 15 lbs.).

Exercise is always important, try to stay away from extreme exercises that your body is not used to, but other than that keep up with the exercise, especially things like yoga and swimming.
    The weight limit is actually not important until you are 18-20 weeks along, so don't worry about lifting things that are too heavy. Even then they just say not to lift more than you are used to, so if you are worried about it then just stay away from items that are quite a bit heavier than your body is used to lifting.
  • powellfam2006
    powellfam2006 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    YAY!!
  • sideofsassy
    sideofsassy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Where you live: North Florida
    Job: State of Florida
    Length of time on the board: couple of weeks this time
    Length of time you've been with SO: 7 years
    Do you have kids: one step-son (13)
    Length of time TTC: 3 years
    Diagnosis: PCOS
    Do you chart your BBT: have in the past, not recently
    Do you use OPKs: have in the past, not recently
    Are you on any meds for TTC: not atm, I have been on several rounds of Clomid
    Height: 5'4"
    Weight: 243
    Goal Weight: 150 ish
    Strange fact about yourself: I become really OCD about whatever it is I am interested in at that time It varies from TTC, losing weight, buying makeup or clothes, reading books, baking, watching reality TV. :o)

Nice to meet everyone!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Okay - so while I know that posting food pics isn't the norm for MFP... I couldn't resist this one! It's divine!

high-end-62.jpg
  • Smores18
    Options
    Okay - so while I know that posting food pics isn't the norm for MFP... I couldn't resist this one! It's divine!

high-end-62.jpg

Those are ok to post cause they look too good to eat!
  • ann945n
    ann945n Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My reason for joining MFP is to get my weight down so I can have a baby. I had a friend that gained over 120 pounds when she was pregnant and ended up getting it off post baby. I have to admit the permanent changes to her body have motivated me to be as fit and slim as possible before I become pregnant, I want my body back after baby!

Where you live: Seattle Washington
    Job: RN
    Length of time on the board: A few months
    Length of time you've been with SO: 8 years
    Do you have kids: Nope, but do have two kitties!
    Length of time TTC: have not started yet, want to get my weight down first and graduate school over with! (June 2012)
    Diagnosis: none
    Do you chart your BBT:not yet
    Do you use OPKs: not yet
    Are you on any meds for TTC: no
    Height: 5'2"
    Weight: 162 (currently)
    Goal Weight: 120's ideally, but 130s would do to make me happy to start TTC
    Strange fact about yourself: I am one of those crazy cat owners :) I love HGTV (possibly too much) and love being a nurse, none of those are strange I know but umm hmmmm
  • titlich
    Options
    Swimming and any other low impact exercise that doesn't over exert you are fine. It's best to avoid things like jogging and high impact aerobics. Avoid picking up anything too heavy during the waiting period (greater than 15 lbs.).

Exercise is always important, try to stay away from extreme exercises that your body is not used to, but other than that keep up with the exercise, especially things like yoga and swimming.
    The weight limit is actually not important until you are 18-20 weeks along, so don't worry about lifting things that are too heavy. Even then they just say not to lift more than you are used to, so if you are worried about it then just stay away from items that are quite a bit heavier than your body is used to lifting.

I am doing the 30DS so sometimes wonder should I continue after ovulation, I am just scared... I am wanting to get pregnant soon and just don't want to cause any problems to it... I get the fact that exercise in TWW is good, at least that makes me feel satisfied so dont want to quit either..
  • titlich
    Options
    Jalara, loved the picture.. They are so cute, would never want to eat them !!
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Wow this is tread is hopping!

Jalara- Mmmmm those look yummy. And beautiful. I think I would feel guilty about eating them. But I would still eat them :laugh: Happy late birthday! And congrats on your test!

Stephanie- Welcome back! Sounds like you had a great conference. Glad you enjoyed yourself!

As far as the exercising.... I guess its a personal decision. Or something to talk to your doctor about. There's no way I could not carry or chase around my little chunky monkey, and when I was pregnant I had to haul around totes full of drugs (worked in a pharmacy) that were quite heavy. And I worked up until the day before I was induced. But that's me. Everyone is different!

AFM- AF is due tomorrow and I am starting to feel the cramps :frown: I have been eating terrible the past few days because of all the halloween candy in my house and on top of that I haven't been doing any formal workouts (just cleaning house) and I definitely notice that my cramps are worse when I'm not being healthy. Looking forward to this weekend though, my little town has a HUGE craft fair going on and my hubby and I are going on a double date Saturday night without any kids!?! I don't know if I'll know how to socialize or carry on adult conversation for a full meal with no interruptions :laugh:
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Avoid picking up anything too heavy during the waiting period (greater than 15 lbs.).

I mean no disrespect to you, fitterpam, but this part seems pretty unrealistic. I suppose it depends upon how much strength a person already has, but 15 lbs isn't that much weight. How would I even go grocery shopping?

I don't know. It just seems that women have been reproducing for a loooong time and, I am guessing, that many of them were out plowing fields and hauling wood (not to mention picking up younger children) even after ovulation.

Of course, I am definitely no expert. But I definitely feel healthier (not to mention less stressed out) when I do my regular strength workouts. I personally plan on maintaining my workout routine as consistently as I can while TTC and while pregnant but I suppose everyone needs to determine how much physical exertion feels right to them.

LOL - as I said, I pulled some pieces off the internet from medical sites. I think that it depends on your activity and strength level. Most of the sites were pointed at people that have specific issues related to infertility, but these were based on the comments that people were worried to exercise at all, not for those who are already active.....If you read my initial post on exercise I said, do anything you feel you are up to. The only exercise that I`ve heard doctors really aren`t happy if you do is kickboxing videos and such.....too much abdominal twisting and bending, but then they don`t recommend that during 2WW even if you aren`t TTC.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options

LOL - as I said, I pulled some pieces off the internet from medical sites. I think that it depends on your activity and strength level. Most of the sites were pointed at people that have specific issues related to infertility, but these were based on the comments that people were worried to exercise at all, not for those who are already active.....If you read my initial post on exercise I said, do anything you feel you are up to. The only exercise that I`ve heard doctors really aren`t happy if you do is kickboxing videos and such.....too much abdominal twisting and bending, but then they don`t recommend that during 2WW even if you aren`t TTC.
    Good points. I sure hope that my difficulty isn't one where I end up needing to forgo working out. I had to not workout for a month after eye surgery (2 weeks/eye and they did them 2 weeks apart) and it was terrible! I wasn't supposed to lift more than 20lbs that time and it was hard to avoid!
  • Smores18
    Options

AFM- AF is due tomorrow and I am starting to feel the cramps :frown: I have been eating terrible the past few days because of all the halloween candy in my house and on top of that I haven't been doing any formal workouts (just cleaning house) and I definitely notice that my cramps are worse when I'm not being healthy. Looking forward to this weekend though, my little town has a HUGE craft fair going on and my hubby and I are going on a double date Saturday night without any kids!?! I don't know if I'll know how to socialize or carry on adult conversation for a full meal with no interruptions :laugh:

LMAO!!! I know! I keep telling DH that we need some friends, we always just hang out with each other, my brother's wife, or my parents. At least my brother and his wife are in the same age range as DH and I, but my brother and I have never been close so it's a little more awkward when he is around. And now my SIL is pregnant, due 2 months after my first m/c and 3 & 4 months before my second 2, it makes things a little weird for me. She is one of the few people who actually know about my miscarriages though so at least she is considerate for the most part and tries to bring up the pregnancy as little as possible around me.
    I really need to get friends, other than my beautiful DD and wonderful husband of course, lol!
  • mommy2squish
    mommy2squish Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    So for some reason I keep getting this feeling that I will be expecting come the end of the year. I have no clue why and its driving me crazy. I had a miscarriage in Sept of 09 and got pregnant with my Jul 10 baby in November. After I had him my periods were so crazy I finally had tests done and was diagnosed with PCOS. I had never had issues with my period before and had no issues getting pregnant. I have lost 21lbs and am under the weight I was when I got pregnant both times. I am also fighting an internal battle with myself. I so want another little one but at the same time I am loving seeing the scale go down and cant wait to get to my goal weight. Sorry for the rant just feeling kind of down.
  • Smores18
    Options
    So for some reason I keep getting this feeling that I will be expecting come the end of the year. I have no clue why and its driving me crazy. I had a miscarriage in Sept of 09 and got pregnant with my Jul 10 baby in November. After I had him my periods were so crazy I finally had tests done and was diagnosed with PCOS. I had never had issues with my period before and had no issues getting pregnant. I have lost 21lbs and am under the weight I was when I got pregnant both times. I am also fighting an internal battle with myself. I so want another little one but at the same time I am loving seeing the scale go down and cant wait to get to my goal weight. Sorry for the rant just feeling kind of down.

Either way I hope you get what you want and what's best for you. Remember that it's only 9 months, then you can start your weight loss efforts right back up again!
    Where are you at in your cycle?
  • mommy2squish
    mommy2squish Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I definantly want another one I would be ecstatic if I do become pregnant. I have never known where I am in my cycle. Especially since my son was born. My cycle is anywhere from 40-55 days. Although now that I am loseing weight they are slowly returning to normal I want to say my last one was about 35 days. Right now its more just having sex and not preventing. My husband is gone Monday mornings until Thursday afternoons. So we just enjoy the time when he is home and make the most of it.
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in 8 days.

congrats! have a wonderful wedding and honeymoon.

THANK YOU! I plan too! :D