November Iron Man Challenge (Open Group)

Options

Replies

• bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Crux-that would be an awesome way to celebrate that milestone!
    Trijoe-I never realized that about entering the data to calculate calories but that is rather odd. Trail running burns a TON of cals!

To date:

Swim: 0 Mi
    Bike: 8 Mi
    Run: 10 Mi
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Today, 2.6 mile walk-- beautiful day! rolling hills!

Cumulative Totals:
    Running/Walking- 2.6
    Biking - 26.2
    Swimming- 1.53

My goals:
    Running/ Walking 22 miles (+- 6 hours)
    Biking 73 miles (+- 6 hours)
    Swimming 8.5 miles (+- 6 hours)
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    I would like to join, how do I track swimming and cycling if doing a class. Can someone please provide me with ideas. Thank you Rosie
  • rosebarnalice
    Options
    I would like to join, how do I track swimming and cycling if doing a class. Can someone please provide me with ideas. Thank you Rosie

Swimming even in a class you should be able to count laps and then convert that into total distance (for example, in the 25 yard pool where I lap swim, 50 laps at 50 yards each = 2500 yards. Since there's 1760 yards in a mile, 2500/1760 = 1.42 miles

For a cycling/ spin class, see if your spin bike tracks mileage (I know some of the bikes at my gym do, but not all of the spin bikes do . . .). Alternately, you could also use a regular stationary bike; ride for 1 hour, and see how far you get (10 miles? 12? 14? 16?) Then, in the future, you can use that as your class equivalent [e.g., if you average 14 mph, then a 1- hour spin class = 14 miles)
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    My Goals:
    Running/ Walking 26.2 miles
    Biking 114 miles
    Swimming 2.4 Miles

Total: 142.6 miles
  • crux
    crux Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone!

So, yeah, i'm going to do it. :noway:

Tying to put a training plan together now, I have to start running less and riding much more, so my goals here will change shortly too.

Rose, I'm not sure which Tattoo design, or where yet. Mostly I have seen them on the back of the calf... Loads of time to think about that. :smile:

I really like these monthly challenge's and i'm going to draw on MFP friends for a lot of support, I hope we can replicate the threads each month!

Still can't actually mentally 'get' running a marathon after riding all that way let alone adding the sea swim! But i'm sure it will become real over the winter :laugh:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Crux - I hear you, on the marathon thing and liking the monthly challenges. And definitely will be supporting you.

As for me, I had the best longer run I can remember and all I could think about was I can't wait to log it. I just finished 7 miles, albeit very slow, but I ran every single step. I stopped at two traffic lights out of necessity and ran a parking lot to avoid one. I can't remember the last time I did 10 k (actually a little more) without stopping for even a short break. I felt amazing.
    And, part of that not stopping included my arch enemy hill that fast guys in my running group keep catching me walk.
    I ran this route a lot last year for long runs and can't believe the difference in how I feel.

Um, yeah, I think might have slight runners high. Haha.

Totals -
    Swim - 1 mile
    Bike - 15 miles
    Run - 14 miles
  • crux
    Options
    Crux - I hear you, on the marathon thing and liking the monthly challenges. And definitely will be supporting you.

As for me, I had the best longer run I can remember and all I could think about was I can't wait to log it. I just finished 7 miles, albeit very slow, but I ran every single step. I stopped at two traffic lights put of necessity and ran a parking lot to avoid one. I can't remember the last time I did 10 k (actually a little more) without stopping for even a short break. I felt amazing.
    And, part of that not stopping included my arch enemy hill that fast guys in my running group keep catching me walk.
    I ran this route a lot last year for long runs and can't believe the difference in how I feel.

Um, yeah, I think might have slight runners high. Haha.

Totals -
    Swim - 1 mile
    Bike - 15 miles
    Run - 14 miles

Thanks!

Awesome NSV and a great sounding run! Enjoy every minute of the high! :)
  • crux
    Options
    6th Nov Bike 14 miles.

Totals

Swim = 2.1 miles
    Bike = 26.0 miles
    Run = 22.5 miles
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    @trijoe - sounds like an awesome run & a most memorarable day. Thanks for sharing :smile:

@crux - i think that is so impressive. i cannot relate directly but love to hear of your aspirations. Except that when i get to my goal weight, a tattoo is MINE:bigsmile:

Today i added 5 exercise bike miles and 1 on the dreaded stair master. totals in sig.
  • kbwdad
    kbwdad Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It's look like alot of miles are being logged. That's great. I won't count this toward this challenge but the wife and I went on a trail hike for 6 miles. The weather was nice, just enjoyed the day.
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    Today, 6.0 mile walk/ 90 minute walk w/ hubby. Weekend commitment!

Cumulative Totals:
    Running/Walking- 12.0
    Biking - 0.
    Swimming- 0.
  • alaliberte
    Options
    Ironman Goals

Updates:

Swim 0
    Run: 10
    Bike: 10
  • alaliberte
    Options
    another 3 mile run today!

Swim 0
    Bike 10
    Run 13
  • toonzy
    toonzy Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm totally in:

Today
    Swim: 1.2 miles
    Run: 3 miles
    Bike: 7 miles

November total so far:

Swim: 2.4 miles
    Run: 9 miles
    Bike: 30 miles

November Goal:
    Run 26.2 miles
    Biking 114 miles
    Swimming 2.4 Miles
  • ooOOooGravy
    ooOOooGravy Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    6/11 Run 7.82

Totals for November
    Swim 0
    Bike 8.51
    Run 14.81

Really wanted to get out on bike today... no excuses tomorrow!
  • rosebarnalice
    Options
    14.33 miles stationary bike (I'm slowly inching up my miles per hour!)

Cumulative Totals:
    Running/Walking- 2.6
    Biking - 40.53
    Swimming- 1.53

My goals:
    Running/ Walking 22 miles (+- 6 hours)
    Biking 73 miles (+- 6 hours)
    Swimming 8.5 miles (+- 6 hours)
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Today, biked 8 miles

Cumulative Totals:
    Running/Walking - 5
    Biking - 63

My goals:
    Running/Walking 75 miles
    Biking 175 miles
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    11/11/07 - 1 mile swim. I had totally miscalculated the laps and was going to leave after finishing 1400 meters until the swim coach said "good job, 1400 meters, almost a mile". I was like almost? Then I realized I had thought 1200 was 1 mile, not 1600, so I got back in and finished. Damn metric system.

Totals -
    Swim - 2 miles
    Bike - 15 miles
    Run - 14 miles

Goal - Ironman
  • crux
    Options
    8th Nov Bike 5 miles.

Totals

Swim = 2.1 miles
    Bike = 31.0 miles