Like Minded Lushes - November 2011

Options

Replies

• yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Lushes, I've just seen that the groups feature is finally available here on mfp. Does anyone else think it might be a good idea to have a lushes group? I just looked and you have to have at least 3 people to add before you can form a group, so who's up for it? :drinker:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    it's all or nothing. I am in everyone else is.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Lushes, I've just seen that the groups feature is finally available here on mfp. Does anyone else think it might be a good idea to have a lushes group? I just looked and you have to have at least 3 people to add before you can form a group, so who's up for it? :drinker:

Oooo- pick me, pick me!! I'd totally join! :drinker: :tongue:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

In
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I would join!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Definitely in!!!!!
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I'll join in:)
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    yeppers...I need my lushy friends!!
  • yvonnej1
    Options
    Ok so hopefully I've done that right, i'll add pictures etc at a later date, I've added a few names and anyone else please add yourself http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/622-like-minded-lushes

Robin, seeing as you've started more lushes threads than I have I've given you moderator and editor right :-)
    If anyone else would like moderate etc please say so.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    couldn't survive without fellow lushes.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    totally in....im liking the group feature :smile:

Super lushy week and I'm sure it will continue until the weekends. It seems like there is always an excuse to drink....summer there are cookouts, fall is the beginning of red wine season and delicious october beers and now we go to the holidays. I cant win!

I think I'm going to accept that I will be doing alot of drinking these next 2 months and just keep up the exercise and really watch my calories. Oh the things I will do for my red wine :drinker:
  • rjadams
    Options
    so how does the group thing work?
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - 0

It has been moooonths since I could type that and it feels absolutely amazing. Think it'll still take some time to see if that along with exercising again will do anything for my weight but even if it doesn't, I just like typing those 0's =]

Today is my Gramma's 88th birthday, though you would never know it by how she looks or acts haha, and so we are taking her and my mom out for their birthdays. My Mom's was on the 3rd. I will be having champagne, they also have delicious bread with 2 butters, a scrumptious seafood tower and an absolutely amazing chocolate lava cake with postachio crumble and postachio ice cream. The place is called Flemmings Steak House and it's fantastic. I cannot wait! I will however get a work out in today even though I'm not feeling it today and I will opt for my healthy portions tonight. Think I'll go easy on the dinner so I can enjoy the champagne, bread and dessert :smile:
  • harley_rose
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 1
    Wednesday -2
    Thursday -3
    Friday... not sure where I will be

Didn't do as good as I wanted.. My daughter was told it will be Monday before they will induce her so I guess I gave myself permission to drink this week... Bad..Bad...Angie
  • yvonnej1
    Options
    so how does the group thing work?

Well from what I can see you can have multiple message threads on the board, plus it is largely self regulated as you have group moderators. As I have now started the group I am automatically down as one of the moderators but I don't expect to have any work to do, we all seem pretty moderate when it comes to our social skills if not our alcohol consumption skills :-)

Robin I did put you down to have equal access to edit the group as you have done more to keep the lushes thread going than any of us recently but if you don't want it I suspect you can remove yourself, or indeed me if I misbehave!

I think we'll just have to learn as we go along, plus I expect as we all start using the groups they'll be some tweaks to how they work.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I just joined the lushy group. Between that one and the "cheap wine" group, I'm going to be busy!

I had a glass of pinot grigio last night and a glass of moscato on Wednesday. While I'm still having one, it's a small "1" and I don't feel too horrible about it. I just need to lay off the vodka...I can down that like water!
  • aagnew01
    aagnew01 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    lemondrop martinis only have 125 calories...
  • rjadams
    Options
    lemondrop martinis only have 125 calories...
    depends on the size and the recipe. since I make mine with a minimum of 2 oz of voka that doesn't leave much rooom for lemon and simple syrup.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Mon - 0
    Tue - 0
    Wed - 0
    Thu - 0
    Fri - 4
  • rjadams
    Options
    whiskey tasting was fun. I learned so much and didn't drink alot. It was a very nice night. I will really try to maintain a balance today. With the cold rainy weather I am think a hot buttered rum sounds really good for later.