Replies

• Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    It's not necessarily a bad thing! :wink:
  • Roguerivergirl
    Roguerivergirl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I understand the tiredness, too. I've started listening to inspirational tapes when I get home. I lie back on the couch, close my eyes and listen for just half an hour. I guess this would be hard to do with a family, but just 30 minutes of quiet time where you can forget everything that happened at school is a real energy booster for the rest of the evening.
  • Georg
    Options
    I try to hit the gym on the way home & that's nicely distracting. The music is fun & everyone is happy to be at the end of their day. It's nice to be around adults for a change.
    Exercise really helps with that overwhelming exhaustion. On the other hand, if you need to, just shut the door & sleep it off! Sometimes you have to.:yawn:
  • LifesPilgrim
    LifesPilgrim Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I weighed in this morning and I'm back to where I was at the beginning of the school year!!!!!!:happy:

I had gained five pounds from the stress since December.

This has been a rough year with testing, staff issues (1 arrested so far), student issues related to the staff issues, and getting a new principal. WHEW!!!

I REALLY can't wait for summer.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    staff arrested?! what happened?
  • LifesPilgrim
    Options
    Let me just say that he was thinking with the wrong head where some students and other staff were concerned.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    OMG.

:noway:

that kind of thing always shocks me. I cannot understand someone who abuses their power over students in that way, male or female.

Ugh.
  • LifesPilgrim
    Options
    Yeah, tell me about it. I would just love about five minutes with him and a 2x4 in my hand.:mad:
  • Smiley1010
    Smiley1010 Posts: 82
    Options
    I've been working as a long term substitute for a maternity leave this year, so I've been applying to jobs for next school year. I'm on my way to my first interview of the year! Wish me luck! :happy:
  • LifesPilgrim
    Options
    Good Luck!!!!!:wink:
  • Smiley1010
    Smiley1010 Posts: 82
    Options
    Thank you! It was actually a pre-screening type of interview because they have so many applicants that they need to choose who to do a full interview with. I think it went well. I just always feel like no matter what I do, I get nervous :embarassed: so I speak differently than I normally do, and don't organize my thoughts as well.:ohwell: But it's over now... so we'll see what happens! :wink: Time for the weekend!! :drinker:
  • Georg
    Options
    I was on a hiring committee to fill 2 positions...we had 90 applicants! :noway:
    I wasn't able to go to the gym at all this week due to the marathon interviews, but took an extra long walk this morning.
    And we offered the jobs to our first choices & they accepted immediately! :smile:
    Now I'm looking forward to next year!
  • LifesPilgrim
    Options
    My school is having a mass exodus after the way this year went. I'll be back and I'm hoping to be the department head next year.

7 days and counting!!!!! :bigsmile:

We're booking a cruise to Grand Cayman and I'm trying to get into my red dress for the formal night.
  • j3xs
    j3xs Posts: 17
    Options
    well weighed today and I am now 186.4. Getting there
  • Georg
    Options
    You'll love Grand Cayman!
  • LifesPilgrim
    Options
    Is there a "must do" activity that you would recommend?
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    I need advice....

I resigned from my teaching job back in March, because I'd planned on getting married when my fiance got home from Iraq. Well, it's a complicated story... but we keep pushing marriage plans back farther and farther...technical issues, a war, re-connecting, more military training, etc. As of now (the end of the school year) I don't have ANY job laid out for next year (in ANY area) I'm also a single parent (1... she'll be in first grade :sad: )

Anyway... My question is....
    Do I move to WA (where my fiance is from and will be returning when his deployment is over) and try to find SOMETHING in way of work (there aren't any open teaching jobs in my area)?

OR

Do I take a job where I am now (either at the same school I resigned from... they can't find a replacement and may shut the program down) or a neighboring town and just figure one more year shouldn't kill our relationship?

OR

Take a random job where I live now, that I can leave and am not signed into a contract?

The whole NOT having a job next year is really messing with my head. Whenever I think about it I get totally snarky and somewhat bitter about the whole situation. You know how the best laid plans .... don't always work out... that's kinda what this whole situation is about. I even made a little pro-con list yesterday... it was absolutely no help at all!

Any help.... advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • LifesPilgrim
    Options
    What is the worst possible thing that could happen to you? How could you cope with that?

What does your heart tell you is best for you and your child?

Think about your answers, and let that help you decide.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    well my gut says take any job (no contract) now, so as not to uproot your child, but still have income, without commitment. when your :heart: is back, then decide whether moving to Washington is the thing to do. no need to rush a big decision.

but that's just me.....(shrugs):ohwell:

I think andersonkar has really sound advice (but doesn't help push you in any direction)

why are you feeling snarky/bitter about it? examining the root of those feelings could give you some insight-
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options

why are you feeling snarky/bitter about it? examining the root of those feelings could give you some insight-

Pride. :happy:
    I do NOT like relying on others.
    Which is kind of what I did, due to my fiances heavy influence on decisions.
    Now, I realize I do not like depending on others. It complicates things.
    Cause, he's not sure where he'll be stationed.... or what additional training he'll need.
    So, that's left me in limbo.... I'm a planner... I need a plan!