Teacher support Group

Options

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    you might ask yourself...do you trust him? not in the "will he cheat on me" kind of way, but do you trust that he is making decisions with your and his (and your child's) best interests at heart, to the best of his judgment and capabilities?

if yes, then you can relax, let go, allow him to be a leader in your relationship. it is OK to rely on someone. it doesn't mean you are weak, or anything else...

if no, then your gut is telling you something....

you must do what is in your and your child's best interests. if those coincide with honey's, well then hooray!

if his best interests conflict with yours, or your child's, then.........clearly more pondering on the matter is needed.:flowerforyou:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    you might ask yourself...do you trust him? not in the "will he cheat on me" kind of way, but do you trust that he is making decisions with your and his (and your child's) best interests at heart, to the best of his judgment and capabilities?

if yes, then you can relax, let go, allow him to be a leader in your relationship. it is OK to rely on someone. it doesn't mean you are weak, or anything else...

if no, then your gut is telling you something....

you must do what is in your and your child's best interests. if those coincide with honey's, well then hooray!

if his best interests conflict with yours, or your child's, then.........clearly more pondering on the matter is needed.:flowerforyou:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Those are tough issues. I have a hard time relying on others, too. I'd rather plan ahead & take care of details & just get 'er done.
    But you have to do what's right for you & your child.
    We'll be thinking of you.
    Take care.
  • Georg
    Options
    andersonkar- You have to go to turtle farm & hell.
    But that's about all there really is on dry land - then stingray city underwater. Amazing experience.
    Our family scuba dives, so we pretty much stayed underwater all morning & relaxed in a hammock every afternoon, wen out to dinner & then crashed early. :blushing:
    There's a lot of nightlife, lots of partying if you're into that.
    It's beautiful underwater. You must plan to snorkle if you don't scuba.
    Have fun!
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    Thanks you guys all good advice.
    I will ponder on it.

I've been "on my own" for.... 6 years...it's hard to shift my mentality (which could explain weight issue :laugh: ) I will ponder the "trust" question though, it's a good one.

:flowerforyou:
  • LifesPilgrim
    LifesPilgrim Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    andersonkar- You have to go to turtle farm & hell.
    But that's about all there really is on dry land - then stingray city underwater. Amazing experience.
    Our family scuba dives, so we pretty much stayed underwater all morning & relaxed in a hammock every afternoon, wen out to dinner & then crashed early. :blushing:
    There's a lot of nightlife, lots of partying if you're into that.
    It's beautiful underwater. You must plan to snorkle if you don't scuba.
    Have fun!

Thank you, I'll look into those. Stringray city was listed as a shore excursion, don't remember seeing anything about Hell though.

We all snorkle quite a bit (we do live in South Florida) so that was a given. There are 10 us of going together in the extended family and the kids range from 17 to 7. Should make things VERY interesting. Personally, I don't want to take vacations, I want to go on adventures now that my kids are old and experienced enough. Last summer we spent 10 days hiking the Smoky Mtn National Park.

I am REALLY looking forward to this.
  • Georg
    Options
    andersonkar-
    Hell isn't much to see, just some interesting natural formations. People like o buy postcards & mail from there.
    :wink:
    http://cruises.about.com/od/caribbeancruises/ig/Grand-Cayman-Island/grandcayman003-jpg.htm
    We went late in the afternoon after everything was closed up - you can see the rocks & drive away. There isn't much to do.
  • LifesPilgrim
    Options
    COOL!!! Photography is another hobby of ours. We'll look into it. THanks for the info.
  • Smiley1010
    Smiley1010 Posts: 82
    Options
    19 days left of school! :bigsmile:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    wow, really? we have three half-days left!!!!

or, in other words, 12.5 hours!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

summer here I come!
  • LifesPilgrim
    Options
    Three full days for me! I'm trying to get grades done tonight, not helping those late night cravings though. Maybe I can do better during the summer.

Started P90 X tonight, kicked my butt big time!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    dang I wish I could do my grades now. I use a computer program that makes it pretty easy, though. as long as I keep up-to-date on my assignments (putting them in) then I always have up-to-date grades.
    BUT putting them into the report card format, and calculating all the GPAs, is another matter.:huh:
  • LifesPilgrim
    Options
    Do you teach elementary or secondary? We use Gradequick, and it calculates everything automatically once it's in the system. I have a hard time keeping my grades up to date, 120 students is hard to keep up with sometimes; especially when I have a lot of writing assignments to grade.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    I teach middle school, but all my kids are with me for all subjects, so it grades like elementary.
    I use GradeKeeper. I paid $20 for a lifetime download. Any upgrades they ever offer, I automatically get. I really like it, the real work is taking the grades out of gradekeeper and putting them into our report card template (and calculating all the gpa's)

I have finished with 2/6 of the subjects-

2 half-days left!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    I feel you on the writing assignments- I only have 18 kids and I get buried FAST! IDK how anyone could ever keep up with 120 writing assignments!:noway:
  • Smiley1010
    Smiley1010 Posts: 82
    Options
    Ditto on the writing assignments - I'm glad I don't have 120! But I do have a pile waiting for me on my desk at work.
    I'm so jealous of you both being done this week! :tongue: Just send me positive thoughts while you're soaking in some rays so I can make it through the last 4 weeks. :glasses:
  • LifesPilgrim
    Options
    It's realistically closer to maybe 100 by the time I figure in the snot wads who don't do any work.

I had my students create a portfolio this last term related to a superhero that they created. I got some of the best work I've had all year from them. It was AWESOME!!!!
  • Georg
    Options
    It's so cool when a new idea really clicks with the kids.
    :bigsmile:
    I have 3 more days left. Today I stripped the room. Tomorrow I'll clean out the poster drawers. I'm doing grades during quiet moments during class.
  • LifesPilgrim
    Options
    quiet moments during class???? You mean people have those????:happy:
  • Georg
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: