Options
    You're welcome!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Bump to subscribe to the new topic.
  • Rsjessen
    Options
    Seeing as I was mentioned by fit4mom as having been on her side on the whole "attack"-issue, I would like to clarify what I personally believe is happening:

fit4mom is alone in her believes but stands by them, which is not always an easy thing to do, trust me, I went to a highschool were everybody except me shared fit4mom's believes, I did not have it easy.

Fit4mom believes she's in the right, and although we are all aware that there's no way of changing her, our pride will not let us back down and we get desperate because she does not see things our way. Fit4mom feels attack because so many people disagree with her and argues/debates with her at the same time. Which is logical, as it can be very nice having to defend yourself to 5-6 different people at the same time.

Someone (I don't recall who) mentioned that she sounded like a bigot and typical white red-neck (correct me if I'm wrong), and she ,of course, felt attack. Again, who wouldn't? I don't know how things are in America, but if you call an American that in Denmark, well it's the most disgusting stereotype we have of the US here.

So I agree with the fact that she might have FELT attacked, and in one issue she actually were, and there was made presumptions about her which where based on the ideas of the stereotype we all thought she might fit into.

The fact is, we might not think we attacked her, but she did, and what she feels is going on is the only thing that counts for her, and she can get her feelings hurt just as well by us trying to debate, as long as she feels that it's an attack.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I missed a lot over the weekend, but I just want to make it VERY, VERY, VERY clear that Fit4Mom does not speak for the majority of Americans.

It seems that a lot of people in other countries judge all Americans based on people like her, but I've lived here my whole life and can tell you, that is not the case!

I'm not sure how one can attribute immigration to a decline in morals, since there has been immigration in this country since before its founding.

And I agree that morality is subjective.
  • fudgebudget
    fudgebudget Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Internet meltdowns are quality entertainment.