POLL: Are you logging Thanksgiving Day?

Options

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I'm not watching my calories and I would say I'm not logging it, but I know I would go back and do it out of curiosity. So I guess that's a yes.

By the way, what's with people saying they will take a picture of their plate so they can log it later? Can you seriously not remember what you ate?
  • lovekck
    lovekck Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Yes and probably will be pre- logging some of it.

I think if I fill up on turkey and limit casseroles, potatoes, bread and dessert I'll be good.

I'll work out tomorrow morning and give myself some wiggle room. It doesn't take much for me to fall off the wagon so I HAVE to be consistent. Maybe next year I won't care as much when I've lost the weight, but for now I have to stay on track.
  • cecilia0909
    cecilia0909 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am logging to see and keep track but I will not stress over it. We also will be playing a game of football and taking the kids to the park that day so I think it should even out just fine
  • Brandee4
    Options
    I am not logging! I am going to enjoy all my food. I have been so good about staying under or right at my calorie goal everyday and now I am going to enjoy every calorie in my favorite dish.....lots of mashed potatoes!:laugh:
  • JennaB86
    Options
    I absolutely am not! I give myself 1 cheat day a month and Thanksgiving is that day!!!!!! SO SO EXCITED!
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Yes - if only to be hugely impressed by the sheer variety of dishes we're cooking - and most of them (with one exception; the mashed potatoes and gravy) are ridiculously healthy. I get plenty of casseroles at work dinners and I'd rather be able to eat small portions of different yummy leftovers throughout the day than blowing it in one meal and making myself feel awful.

Also I'm working out in the morning but it's because I have the time to do it without feeling rushed and I want to use it wisely, plus it makes me feel fabulous. Which is always a good way to start out the day ;)
  • Paraflier17
    Options
    I'll log in. Most likely blow my calorie number out of the water... But if you don't log it do you think it didn't happen? lol. Come on.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I think that if I don't log, I will eat 3000-3500 calories, easy.

What I have done is anticipate what I will be eating and have already added it to my Thursday diary (Open if anyone wants to see - Though I am a flexitarian, so there is no turkey added), in addition to eating about 100 cals less the past three days and running a 5k the morning of.

I am planning to eat about 2500 calories (500 over maintenance) but with my morning run, and this weeks efforts, I am hoping to still have a good weekly deficit.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    no.
  • tiffanymjutz
    Options
    I am going to log everything. But like someone said before, everything is made different, with different recipes, so it's gonna be hard to be accurate. But for those of you who don't plan on logging, if you're like me and have many places to go tomorrow, my advice would be eat smaller portions. Don't cheat yourself of your hard work. Log it if you can. Eat what you want, but don't eat so much that you're having to undo your pants at the end of the day lol.
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    JoJo_fat2fab Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I pre-logged +10,000 quick cals.

hahaha sounds about right
  • MzGrinch9250
    MzGrinch9250 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    i'll be logging what I can, but I'm not going to stress out over it.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I'm not logging. I am running a 5K that morning. But the biggest reason I'm not logging is how do I know what's in everything that's been cooked?

I've thought about doing a no computer/apps/social media day tomorrow anyway. I might log in after the race to see where I stand and then just shut it down.

I'm not worried about tomorrow all that much. However, in a week and I half I'm going to a football game, and I KNOW that day will be a nutritional disaster.
  • JeanneTops
    JeanneTops Posts: 2,618 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm logging. I spent years, decades even, lying to myself about how much I was eating, thinking my clothes were shrinking and then getting depressed about having to buy larger sizes. When I started MFP, I swore to give up lying. If I eat it, I log it, to the best of my ability. I've logged through Thanksgiving, Christmas, Passover, vacations, you name it. I even go back and add an item to days past if I remember I forgot something. After two years, I'm pretty good at guessing how many calories there are in something. If I think it's a lot, I keep my portion sizes down but I don't deny myself anything!

I don't log to count the calories so much as to track how much food I'm eating so that I don't eat too much.

I've learned that thinking about how much I'm eating ("Is this a cup or half a cup?") makes me enjoy eating food more. If I want a piece of pie, I have a piece of pie but I don't gulp it down so I can have a second. I savor it, eat it slowly, really try to taste it. I like having seconds so I keep my first portion sizes small so I can have a second helping of another small portion. And if I really, really want a third - I have it but I wait a bit and then keep it to just a bite or two.

Enjoying eating good food doesn't mean mindlessly shoveling food in my mouth. I had to give up the shoveling so now I do the savoring.
  • gersoco
    gersoco Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Certainly I'm gonna log Thanksgiving and if there's a poll later for logging what I eat Christmas week, put me down as YES for that too!
  • iKristine
    iKristine Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Nope gonna listen to my body!

But that don't mean I am going to gorge myself. I will eat as much turkey and veggies as I want, and moderation everything else.

The only food groups that will dominate will be the turkey.

I then want to sleep for two days and reap the high protein recovery.
  • Raiderxx
    Raiderxx Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Probably going to log what I eat. Not going to be to worried about going over although I will do my best to stay under.
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Not logging. I'm contributing some of the dishes, but I'm not going to attempt to figure out what other people made and measure out what I am eating. It's not like I'm going to stuff myself. I'll eat nice plate of what I like and not worry about it. I know I'll be over my calories but I see no harm in that.
  • Alexdur85
    Alexdur85 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Yep! Yep! Yep! I will log it ALL! I am even brining my scale to my MIL's house so that I can accurately weigh and add it. If I want an extra piece of pie well I am sure as heck going to have one! Do I care if I go over my calories? No way! But I still want to know how much of what I am eating..
  • jenniferfiedler
    Options
    Yep, but quick add only. I'll burn it off Black Friday shopping :)