Xmas 30 day shred challenge

Options

Replies

• alyssiawood
    alyssiawood Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Got done with L2 D1 :) Wasn't able to do it yesterday or any excercise because my knee has been hurting really bad so that really sucks. But I did it today and I had to modify a few things because of my knee but I finished it :) Anyone else knee's hurting????
  • libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    L2D3 complete. Was very tired this morning and the workout seemed harder than Monday. But it is done and I am glad I stuck with it. Have a great day!
  • ltummonds42
    ltummonds42 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey sorry for my absence. I have been reading along, just not posting.
    I have finished L1 and tonight I will move on to L2. I hope its not too too bad.
    I believe my SW for this challenge was 257 and now my current weight is 253.
    I did find by the end of L1 I wasnt busting my bum as hard as the first few days. I still have trouble with the side squat lateral raises though. I am definetely getting better at the cardio, in particular jumping jacks and jump rope. The first day I was so bad at them.
  • mrsc86
    mrsc86 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all those who have posted weights

The following I am still missing, so I'll be taking off the sheet. This will help with the weekly posting of the weightloss

alisadee
    dippystick
    januarygal
    bethany_22
    carly091
    slimndownat48
    freedomtennis
    crystalslight
    jinglett
    kbrodzen
    angbieb
    vger11

If you want to be included, please post your weight for this week (i.e. when you weighed in close to last Saturday) before tomorrow

So far - we have lost 38.5lbs! Keep it up!
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I feel like I let you ladies down, but I will make it up!

I feel the same way. )= I overdid it a bit with exercise yesterday and had a horrible nights sleep. Even though I was dead tired I kept tossing and turning. And today I had to work from early morning until now... so I had no energy left for it....
    I finished 10 days of Level One. and 1 Day of Level 2 in between... I am now on to level 3 because I can't do level 2 unless I am alone at home... will probably do it every weekend... so I'll get the total of 10 days for each level in the end... Level 3 is lots of fun though... hard but fun... level 2 is just plain painful and in my opinion a lot lot harder so I might put that one last.... )=

You are so right! I did level 2 yesterday and I felt like my heart was going to stop and I was going to throw up...right afetr that I did level 1 and i felt like that was so much easier! Still broke a sweat but didnt feel like I was dying like with level 2. I am hoping that as the days go by level 2 will get easier. Right Now I am doubling level 1 and 2 per day. Once I feel better with level 2 then I will probably double up on that! I really hope to see some results at the end of the 30 days!
  • raqufern
    Options
    Hey sorry for my absence. I have been reading along, just not posting.
    I have finished L1 and tonight I will move on to L2. I hope its not too too bad.
    I believe my SW for this challenge was 257 and now my current weight is 253.
    I did find by the end of L1 I wasnt busting my bum as hard as the first few days. I still have trouble with the side squat lateral raises though. I am definetely getting better at the cardio, in particular jumping jacks and jump rope. The first day I was so bad at them.

I also have a hard time with the lateral sqaut and arm raises...not so much the squat, but the arm raises. I have bad shoulders and I wonder if that has anything to do with it???!! I can do a few but then It just gets real hard to lift my arms to eye level!
  • heatherterp
    Options
    Hey there,
    I started 30 day shred on Monday dec 5. I am 256pounds. I hate that number. I am not using weights yet,
    I have completed 2 days of level one.
    I did not see myself on your luist, but I am enjoying the comments.

the first day was good, but the next day a killer. I was so sore. Yesterday I did work out 2 and I was better. Today I am not as sore. I think if Ihave time in my crazy day I can do work out 3 today.
    OI was able to do my sprint 8 treadmill program. but working 8am-9 pm doubt Iwill get to shred today. tomorrow for sure!

Heather:flowerforyou:
  • heatherterp
    Options
    I am also no good at pushups. even to modified ones. suggestions? I try and just hold a plank for that 30 seconds. still killer. I need to start with push ups on a wall or something. I use my arms all day for work and they are so weak!
  • zee1957
    zee1957 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Complete day 2 level 2. Lots of modifying but still doing it all the way.
  • joysyear
    joysyear Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Day 3 level 2 completed ....killer but I was able to do a few more arm raises this time then before. I have to get some more energy to get my zumba in later today.
  • Thinspired80
    Thinspired80 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there! New to MFP, so I hope I can join the challenge to get fit! Ultimately, I would like to drop around 30lbs, but my goal for this challenge will be at least 5! I started the 30 day shred, level 1 yesterday and will tackle day 2 tonight. I am 31 years old, 5'2 and 140lbs :-\ I'm definitely not in my 'healthy' weight range for my height. Had my first child 6 1/2 months ago, so hoping to slim back down. I'm ready for this! Let's do it...

P.S., anyone doing a low carb/atkins diet in combination with the shred? I am...I'd love to hear from others on how that's going! :happy:

In the words of Jillian Michaels' herself: "Unless you puke, faint, or die, keep going!!!"
  • LayinHandz
    Options
    Complete day 2 level 2. Lots of modifying but still doing it all the way.

I have to the modified version also. I work as hard as I can and push through all of it but I don't feel like I am working as hard as I did in Level 1. When I was done with level 1 I was out of breath, could feel my heart working hard the entire work out but it's not like that with level 2. I'm worried I might not be getting the full benefit of it. (even though my back, arms, and legs are sore as heck)
  • jennipooh82
    jennipooh82 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Well, Day 10 Level 1 done tomorrow I will be starting Level 2.... Well I'm proud of myself making it this far! Never made it past day 3 level 1, LOL

Finally got my DVD to work... :D I'm viewing what I have to look forward to tomorrow ;)
  • StefThi
    StefThi Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Every morning for me now, I am just thinking "again... really?"
    I am really losing the motivation )= Not for keeping up exercise and healthy diet. But to do the shred... but I wanna do it damn it.... I know I always feel really good afterwards. So why oh why is it so hard to get up and get on with it?

Any ideas how to get rid of the little devil who is whispering those negative thoughts into my ear? Has anyone else a devil sitting on there shoulder?
  • mrsc86
    Options
    Every morning for me now, I am just thinking "again... really?"
    I am really losing the motivation )= Not for keeping up exercise and healthy diet. But to do the shred... but I wanna do it damn it.... I know I always feel really good afterwards. So why oh why is it so hard to get up and get on with it?

Any ideas how to get rid of the little devil who is whispering those negative thoughts into my ear? Has anyone else a devil sitting on there shoulder?

Just remember we are all doing it with you and its only 25 mins of your day! I feel the same way but knowing I'd let you ladies down if I didnt do it motivates me to keep going. Im also incorperating it into a Zumba month - this is the rest of my week.....

Friday 30DS (L2D4) + Zumba Cardio + Abs 87 MINS
    Saturday 30DS (L2D5) + Zumbathon 79 MINS
    Sunday 30DS (L2D6) + Zumba Cardio + Tone 99 MINS
  • libland
    Options
    L2D4 done! Yes that little devil is sitting on my shoulder complaining that it doesn't want to do this. But I answer back that it is only 25 minutes of the day. And I tell myself that by the time I get done whining about doing this, I could be done. So I suck it up and do it. The scale has started moving again so that is helping with my motivation. I had to tighten the strap on the HRM again this morning.... I do wish my hips were shrinking as fast as my torso but I am sure that will come with time.
  • raqufern
    Options
    K ladies today I attempted to do Level 2 day 2 but had some circumstances with my children waking up earlier in the morning than I thought and olny got 15 min of it done. I dont think I should count it so I will tackle Level 1 and 2 tomorrow morning and again level 2 at night! Hope that gets me pretty caught up!
  • mrsc86
    Options
    Woo! L2 D4 done!!! I'm hoping I've managed to shake off that pound I put back on last week!!!
  • ltummonds42
    ltummonds42 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I did L2D1 last night and on to D2 today. Much harder than level one, what is with all the planks!? So many!
  • libland
    Options
    Hey guys! I did L2D1 last night and on to D2 today. Much harder than level one, what is with all the planks!? So many!
    I know! I am not fond of planks at all and they are all over the place in this routine. I did D4 today and they don't really seem any easier. :grumble: