What do you avoid?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• CrysButcher3
    Options
    I have lost 81 lbs and I will be brutally honest. I don't avoid anything but POP. I don't avoid potatoes, or white rice, or white bread...I don't avoid chocolate (which btw I love) and I don't avoid chips and popcorn. Yep...even the buttered popcorn. I don't avoid these things because these are the things I love and refuse .... I do say REFUSE .... to deprive myself of them.

::Shrugs:: It works for me...I can't stand to be told I can't have my baked potato with a side of sour cream. Nope...I just make sure I'm keeping a really tight journal.
  • quiksandy
    quiksandy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    all soda
    cheesecake
    bagels
    donuts
  • tycusjay
    tycusjay Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Chips as I can't just have a few, I NEED to eat the whole pack! I also can't have any cakes or slices in the house as i'll just eat them!
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    MSG - it gives me migraines. Did you know Sunchips contain MSG? I love them, but I cant eat much, because a migraine follows :(

Licorice - I can easily eat 1000 cals of licorice in one sitting, so I avoid it altogether
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    White carbs, ie: flour tortillas, white sandwich bread, pasta. Also cookies, candy, soda pop, potato chips and french fries.
    I do indulge on special occassions, but avoid them on a daily basis.
  • lanniebananie
    lanniebananie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have to avoid protein and sodium because of Dr's orders. Not quite avoid them period, but just avoid eating too much meat, dairy, processed foods and all because of protein/sodium limits.
  • futiledevices
    futiledevices Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I guess just fast food cause of the sodium, mostly.. and it's also not worth all the calories. Other than that, I eat what I want as long as it fits into my diary.
  • brownbeauty91
    Options
    I'm vegetarian so I don't eat meat but I don't have anything that I specifically avoid. I eat everything but in moderation.
    However, I am a little bit more careful when it comes to chocolates because I'll eat one piece and then I'll want
    another and another and keep thinking "oh it's just one more" and next thing I know, I've overeaten it. I do eat it but I
    have to remind myself not to go overboard lol
  • ThinnerHill
    ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Ok So I was gonna say that I don't avoid things, but I really don't crave the things that I've sworn up and given up. Chips, fast food, white breads, pop even diet. I gave up chocoalte for a while but now I have it in moderation when I have the cals to spare on a treat for myself. I have to watch my love affair with cookies over the holiday season as they are quite delicous.

So really the only thing that I avoid are things that I really don't need anyways.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I avoid all soda's and sweets, and pizza, chinese food, and a few other things I used to eat a crap ton of. Mainly because I'd like to try and make my diet as healthy as possible and those things just have to go.
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    In general, I don't eat processed foods, sugar, red meat, or milk (I'm lactose intolerant)

But as far as "trigger foods" go.....Gotta avoid all dried fruits and cereal, and nuts. If I have one bite, I will eat the whole package. These foods aren't inherently "bad", but when you eat 1500 calories worth of them in one sitting? Bad. It's easier for me to just never have them around rather then have them in moderation, because I just can't have a little!
  • CrystalMarie253
    Options
    I hate tomatoes... SO gross!
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    french fries, pizza ,ice cream, cake , pie ,fried chicken, red meat, rice , soda, and any kinda of alcohol
  • petkova
    Options
    Soda .. or anything carbonated
    I avoid anything that has preservatives and additives, so I pretty much eat all organic foods.

But as far as weight loss I have learned to replace all bad foods with healthier bad foods lol.. for example:
    ice-cream with fat free frozen yogurt
    candy with 85% dark organic chocolate
    chips with 365 veggie chips