What are your "Turn-Offs"?

Options

Replies

• Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    i am completely turned off when someone is arrogant and overly confident. Its a good quality to believe in yourself and have some confidence, but to be so arrogant that you come across better than everyone else is very unattractive to me. I dont need someone to tell me or prove to me that they are great........i want to learn it all on my own :) There is something to be said about being a lil humble :)

^^^ This and being a drunkard. :o/
  • Elisirmon
    Elisirmon Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Most things can be worked with or overlooked except;
    unresponsible
    unkind
    disrespectful
    dishonest/disloyal
    selfish
    Most bad habits fall under any of those traits selfishness is the key to all of them because when your thinking of others you won't be lazy, rude, self absorbed, or vain, or be addicted to anything.
  • yoshi91610
    yoshi91610 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Physically- Being shorter than me or blonde, I love tall dark and handsome =)
    girly hands

I don't like guys who are unnecessarily rude, who chew (ew!) disrespect me, and most importantly liars.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Smoking
    Insecurity
    ... yeah. ... that's about it. I'll basically give anyone a couple chances to show my how beautiful they are inside.
  • Effief21
    Effief21 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    In men - Toilet humour, bad with money, over-sensitivity

In women - Toilet humour, swearing, slags
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Also, not having ambition/drive, being perfectly okay with living off of parents/friends/getting a free ride. Being overly flirty, to the point where it's obviously insincere.
    Last one, I also couldn't be with someone who was very religious. Not meant to offend anyone, but that just wouldn't work out for me.

Lucky for me, I have someone who has every quality in another person that I could ever want! :blushing:
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Close-minded
    No sense of humor
    Clingy men
    Bad breath
    Poor hygiene
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Bad grammar! I am by no means perfect, or really even that great at spelling. I depend on spell check and predictive text... But I make the effort to construct complete sentences when speaking with a woman to show sincerity and it irritates me when people use the wrong their, they're, there and or your, you're etc...
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Guys who flirt with everyone. I'm not interested in being part of your harem, thank you.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    ...or blonde, I love tall dark and handsome =)

Ha! I thought it was just me! I've never been attracted to blondes either
  • CandeesLand
    Options
    -"Yes" men
    -Smokers/chew
    -Girly hands (let me see that you know how to do some manual labor)
    -Guys who don't know how to change their own oil or change a flat (If I can, you should be able to also)
    -Liars
    -Clingy or too emotionally needy (be your own man!)
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Girls who flirt with everyone. I'm not interested in being part of your harem, thank you.

This ^^^^ only I changed "guys" to "girls"
  • Mechel79
    Mechel79 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    -"Yes" men
    -Smokers/chew
    -Girly hands (let me see that you know how to do some manual labor)
    -Guys who don't know how to change their own oil or change a flat (If I can, you should be able to also)
    -Liars
    -Clingy or too emotionally needy (be your own man!)

Ok now I may seem a little slow here- but I have seen "girly hands" I think twice now- can you please define this for me- I keep thinking of the Burger King commercial that has the guy with the real tiny hands- I love a man that has clean hands and fingernails :wink:
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I love a man that has clean hands and fingernails :wink:

I don't think it's a hygiene thing, but maybe smaller hands that are effeminate in shape
  • dropofhope
    Options
    bad grammar
    dishonesty
    bad hygiene
    rude to service people
    sexism & racism
    pessimism
    lack of ambition
    close-minded
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I hate it when good looking girl later tuns out to be a guy!
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Girls who flirt with everyone. I'm not interested in being part of your harem, thank you.

This ^^^^ only I changed "guys" to "girls"

And "harem" to "stable":wink:
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Vulgarity, materialism, and vanity.

Add, no sense of humor to the mix.
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    Most things can be worked with or overlooked except;
    unresponsible
    unkind
    disrespectful
    dishonest/disloyal
    selfish
    Most bad habits fall under any of those traits selfishness is the key to all of them because when your thinking of others you won't be lazy, rude, self absorbed, or vain, or be addicted to anything.
    Nicely put. I agree whole heartedly.

Another one is when you are called close minded if you respectfully disagree with their opinion. Why can they disagree with me and that's OK? We don't all have to see things the same way.
  • King_Bee
    King_Bee Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    This thread is a turn off.