THE Team - Week 3 - 2/20/09

Options
14567810»

Replies

• superlife
    Options
    hi

on the elliptical question about the back pain...you might need some adjustments ( chiropractic) to adjust some grinding joints.. also are you keeping feet really flat ? or are you flexing your calves a bit?

also are you supplementing with chondroitin ? ( joint lubricant, regenerator? )

is good if you are.

posture at work and at home is it proper?

do you get this pain doing something else?

that is all for now ... CIAO!! and good luck!! :smile:
  • Kelleighanne
    Options
    Hi.

I actually had a pretty low stress day at work. I agree on the cereal. It NEVER holds me over. It does most days if I eat it at lunch though. Today it didn't. I've been starved. But even with all I ate, I'm only 188 over so I'll Dance Dance tonight LOL. I've been slacking.

Is anyone else excited about weigh in day??? I can't help it. I love surprises LOL
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Hi.

I actually had a pretty low stress day at work. I agree on the cereal. It NEVER holds me over. It does most days if I eat it at lunch though. Today it didn't. I've been starved. But even with all I ate, I'm only 188 over so I'll Dance Dance tonight LOL. I've been slacking.

Is anyone else excited about weigh in day??? I can't help it. I love surprises LOL

I am ready to weigh in, but I wouldn't say excited.. I've been good.. No slip ups really at all... But it seems I am not losing like I think I should be..
  • renayeb
    renayeb Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Me to0 Nitag

Hopefully this lb I've gained will be gone before weigh in. I havent loss one lb this week :sad: But I started Metformin yesterday to help control my insulin levels and it gives you diarrhea for a couple of week. GO WEIGHTLOSS!!! :laugh: Maybe next weeks weigh in will be better for me.
  • chantybear
    Options
    CM - Frick we got so much snow last night too it was getting warmer too!

How much snow? Where do you run now? Or do you cross-country or snowshoe?

A couple of inches, but it was nice and sunny today so it was all gone off the roads pretty much. I used to run on the roads up where we live, but it is up a hill, and that is one of the major reasons why my knees are messed up. Now I just go on the treadmill mostly, until the roads are clear, and I can run on some flat road..:smile: I want to start cross-country, but not sure! We are going to go snowshoeing again next weekend:smile:
  • chantybear
    Options
    I had major problems with chiropractors, and the 'correcting' is never permanent, I would go see a physiotherapist way before a chiropractor!! The physio helped me, but the chiropractor caused me excruciating pain with my back (I have mild scoliosis..) so do not waste your money! :smile: Stretch lots!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,106 Member
    Options
    I had major problems with chiropractors, and the 'correcting' is never permanent, I would go see a physiotherapist way before a chiropractor!! The physio helped me, but the chiropractor caused me excruciating pain with my back (I have mild scoliosis..) so do not waste your money! :smile: Stretch lots!

Ditto on chiropractors. PTs or even Orthopedic Therapy. Depending on the location of the injury, chiropractory can do permanent damage. Plus they make you go through a whole series of expensive "treatments" with no promise of an end in sight. My experience, at least.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Another week almost gone.

I am proud of my progress, and I know you all are keeping up with your promises to yourselves.

Great job.

I really wish all the people who just come here to read would post something that may be helpful to someone else.......but you know what they say about wishing!

MOVING ON! ! ! New thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/42904-the-team-week-4
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    cmr, thanks for the fractal lesson. The fact that they are a math formula explains why the word was familiar, but only just. :blushing: When I went to graduate school I had to take statistics, which is mostly math light, except for probability. Yikes! During my final, the proctor came and said to me, "Maam, you are going to have to stop talking." Apparently I was talking to myself as I worked in a frenzy over the probability problems. :blushing:

See you all in the new thread!
  • cmriverside
    Options
    GO HERE EVERYONE

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/42904-the-team-week-4

Another week almost gone.

I am proud of my progress, and I know you all are keeping up with your promises to yourselves.

Great job.

I really wish all the people who just come here to read would post something that may be helpful to someone else.......but you know what they say about wishing!

MOVING ON! ! ! New thread: