Replies

• chantybear
    Options
    Morning ladies, and gents.

How is everyone today?
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Morning all! No gym for me today... long story... but stressful...

stillkristi, you have a stressful job. I can't even imagine. And to feel depressed is actually normal - you used to medicate your body with food and soda and now you're not. So you're actually feeling things that were covered up with food before. That's just my opinion, because that's what food was for me.

We went to IHOP last night, I had 1200 calories left over for dinner so I figured I could probably stay within that... Got their grain & nut combo with blueberry grain pancakes and egg substitute... geez it was HORRIBLE. Lower calorie than many things, but HORRIBLE. I was so let down, we rarely go out to eat and then when I do I want it to be GOOD and instead its this dry tasteless thing that you have to smother in syrup just to be able to swallow the dryness... which I didn't smother it, but I did use more than I wanted to...

I would have been better off at Red Robin eating a burger (since I can only eat half of one now)!!!

Going to paint my new living room (is currently the playroom, will be my living room after I paint it) so hopefully burn off some cals that way.
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm...... Adopt4, here you are coming to my rescue AGAIN! How could I have missed that! All day, I tell my clients the very same stuff! ARG!!!:blushing: You are so right! Normal, daily ups and downs, and feeling the feelings now because I am not self medicating with MY drug of choice - Dr. Pepper and chips. WOW. Thanks. Zano, too, you are right on, bound to be some mixed emotions when you make changes, like a new way of life/eating. Wow, I hang my head in shame. THANKS my friends! :blushing: :bigsmile:

Adopt4, sorry about the crappy pancakes. A pox on IHOP. On the bright side, you are getting a new living room AND burn calories in the bargin! :bigsmile: Yay!
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    BY the way, chantybear, I don't think I have ever introduced myself. Hi how are you? :happy: Does BC stand for British Columbia? I really admire runners, because I can't even imagine it. Have a good day!
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone.. It's windy here in Nevada today.. I'm starving... Can't wait for lunch. When I eat cereal for breakfast it just doesn't hold me over. I had my yogurt already and my tummy is rumbling. Ugg... I want a BIG MAC so badly.. Thank god I have no access to money to go buy one :laugh: I keep that at home..

Eveyone seems to be having a good morning except for Adopt4.. Me, I had a good morning.. Got in 60 mins of Cardio before work.. Then I get to this pit and I am already stressed.. Oh well.. I will think of plesant things...

Hope everyone has a wonderfuld day..

Anita
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    A Fractal is a mathematical computation (performed by a computer) .
    In 1980, a french mathmetician, Benoit Mandelbrot began playing around with graphing complex numbers on a computer. (With a computer, you can crunch billions of computations in hardly any time at all.)

The formula he was playing with was:
    formula.png

The < = > meant that, when one answer spits out...you stick it right back in.
    (For a complete easy-to-read explanation go here) - -PLUS tons more Fractals - -

http://www.coolmath.com/fractals/fractals_lesson.html
    "Cool Math for Kids"

This is called a "recursion formula" because you keep sticking the outputs back in.....
    Some numbers you start with are going to get bigger and bigger. (Let's say they go off to INFINITY). And some numbers are going to get smaller and smaller (Let's say those go to zero.)

CM - -(There is much more explanation, but you aren't here for algebra 3......)

So Mandelbrot told the computer to color the dots on the [graph] on the computer screen (pixels) for each number (point on the graph/plane.)

If the formulaformula.png made the number shoot off to infinity, he told the computer to make it a color. The different colors meant how fast the number shot off....
    Here's the picture he got:
    fractal_1.gif
    The cool thing is that you can zoom in FOREVER and you always get the same wild complex design! !
    fractal_2.gif

I'll apologize in advance in case photobucket deletes these photos sometime later.....go to that link above.:happy:

stillkristi

When I quit smoking, about two weeks into it, I got all emotional about something one day at work. It wasn't even something particularly stressful (may even have involved a Chef Salad, I was working at TGI Fridays:laugh: )

I told my friend at work, who happens to be in AA. And she said exactly the same thing, "Well, yeah, you can't go to your cigarette anymore when you are frustrated or bored or mad or sad or_ _ _ _ _ _ _. " (fill in the emotion of your choice).

I think that one statement kept me from going back to smoking.

Cammy, wherever you are......THANK YOU!

That was 15 years ago. I never smoked another cig. See how one simple sentence can change someone's life forever? Keep sharing.....

I cherish you all for your insights. :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Ok, CMR, I was an English major for a reason. You just made my head hurt with all that math talk. :laugh:
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    get_fit2009 I sometimes pass up social gatherings to avoid the food and honestly the financial obligation of them=) Do you feel refreshed after your couch potato night?

healthymom2009 great job on the exercise

lulubar cracking up at your picture. That is the best one yet. That is how my eyes work too. Lol about your neighbor. Last year I came in right in front of a 70 year old in the triathlon. Have I mentioned I am soooo slow at swimming.

cmriverside nice work on the exercise. Your really doing great. Your pace was 18 minute miles. That is like 3.2mph or close to that. http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/4/4_1/96.shtml
    I haven’t tried Zumba yet but my hairdresser loves it. Maybe I’ll look for a used dvd. Those push up are hard stuff. Press on my friend.
    Lol…tmi on the math equation. lol

stillkristi aspartame…to each her own. Some don’t want the chemicals in their body. I do have an occasional diet soda. Converting to water from other drinks I did do crystal lite. Do what works for you.
    Eating schedule….you know you might just benefit from the reverse schedule. Breakfast like a Queen, Lunch like lunch, and dinner like a pauper. I work long days and keep telling myself I need to change dinner and lunch around. But too lazy I guess to pull it off=)
    As for the food and getting enough calories: I’ll share my experience and what works for me and didn’t. I use to be an all or nothing girl. So if I dieted it was all low fat low cal foods. Then not getting in enough. Then I realized the importance of eating enough calories. It may mean using a regular food vs low calorie. It may mean adding nuts to your breakfast or snacks which are good for your heart and boost calories. Your doing a great job. Keep up the great work.

Zano You on a diet is great. Solid advice! No gymics or fads there.

chantybear just a shout out to say howdy

adopt4 I’ve gotten use to the whole grain stuff. Now I have to change due to a health condition to refined carbs….who’d ever believe it. My biggest lesson in a life long battle with food is just moderation. We should enjoy the treats….but they are just that a treat not a norm. So why not enjoy the occasional treat and eat what we really want. Truth be told….I will keep overeating even the healthiest of things till I finally break down and have that treat I want. I’m learning=) Happy calorie blasting.

nitag excellent on the exercise. Hope you were able to reframe your day and make it great. I know its hard sometimes. I try hard to remember I get to decide how I feel. Even if someone else is influencing my day…I get to decide how I let it affect me. I’m learning to turn things into positives. Not always easy but worth it=)

I've had a great day. Got in a 2mile run (knees tender this am) then P90x legs and shoulders. I'm sure to be crippled tomorrow. It will mean one of two things...I will honor my rest day cause I can't move. Or, i will have to cycle to push the lactic acid out. lol. I'm a fool
    Happy I got my vehicle back from the autobody shop after more than 3 weeks. Oh so happy now.
    Eating went very well yesterday. Even got a treat in that was in moderation and stayed within calories. Yeah. what a victory.

Have a vicorious day my friends.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Ok, CMR, I was an English major for a reason. You just made my head hurt with all that math talk. :laugh:

Yep I'm terrible at math, too. I too, was a Communications Major. I spent a lot of time reding up on Fractals, because they are sooo fascinatng. It took me a while to "get it". Go look at some of the other fractals, though...Gaah.gif I'm hijacking my own thread.......
    33309-500-375-1.jpg209-1.jpg
  • cmriverside
    Options
    prayerfulmom

respect.gif
    I didn't know you were doing PX90, too!

Wow. Serious respect.
    You know songbyrdsweet just went through that same colitis-type, digestive issue. I saw a post from her last night about colon cleanses (Why you should NOT do them, obviously) and she talked about her colonoscopy. Shes young, too, 24(?). I hope you survive the bland diet. She is a very serious body-builder, clean eater type, too - - so it was aggravating for her.:tongue:

I am a firm believer int eh big breakfast, little snack-type dinner. Easier to say than to do though, I agree.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Get_Fit - -

Did you get much snow? We got about an inch.....no one went to work in the surrounding 50 miles. :wink:

(ya'll.....Western Washington "truth".)
  • chantybear
    Options

ME TOO! I hate math, I am in math for elementary teachers right now..blahh even the easier stuff is difficult for me!...it is good though because in that class 90% of the students hate math just like me!:laugh:
  • chantybear
    Options
    BY the way, chantybear, I don't think I have ever introduced myself. Hi how are you? :happy: Does BC stand for British Columbia? I really admire runners, because I can't even imagine it. Have a good day!

No I do not think we have. Hii, I am dandy, and yourself? Yes it does stand for British Columbia. :blushing: Why so do I, too bad I have been really lately, I have the a non competitive (for me) race in April, and I hope I get ready quick! Tomorrow I shall start up again in full speed...that is if my knees cooperate!

Prayful - Howdy to you to! How is all the running going?

CM - Frick we got so much snow last night too:grumble: it was getting warmer too!
  • nitag
    Options
    Whats PX 90??
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    Get_Fit - -

Did you get much snow? We got about an inch.....no one went to work in the surrounding 50 miles. :wink:

(ya'll.....Western Washington "truth".)

I cannot BELIEVE our school district cancelled school - it was ridiculous. 2 hours late made sense, but then they cancelled. I still worked, though, so I don't have to make today up. My son will get to tack on one more day in June.

We got about 1/12 - 2 inches in a VERY quick time. I went to the gym for my 5:15 class this morning and the roads were bare. I came out at 6:20 and it was a mess. Well, if it's not gonna be 85 and sunny - it may as well snow! :laugh:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    CM - Frick we got so much snow last night too it was getting warmer too!

How much snow? Where do you run now? Or do you cross-country or snowshoe?
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    get_fit2009 I sometimes pass up social gatherings to avoid the food and honestly the financial obligation of them=) Do you feel refreshed after your couch potato night?

Why, thank you, I do! Apparently not a lot of folks went, so I felt kind of bad. I told her to have it on a Friday night next time and maybe she'll have more luck, although not a lot of people want to spend money on fun jewelry right now.

Tonight I get to go have a massage. I can hardly wait! My upper back is killing me. It has been even spasming a little this afternoon. The gal I go to is really good, so she'll fix me right up, I'm sure. So, then I will come home and be a couch potato AGAIN!!! :laugh:
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    Good Morning everyone.. It's windy here in Nevada today.. I'm starving... Can't wait for lunch. When I eat cereal for breakfast it just doesn't hold me over. I had my yogurt already and my tummy is rumbling. Ugg... I want a BIG MAC so badly.. Thank god I have no access to money to go buy one :laugh: I keep that at home..

Eveyone seems to be having a good morning except for Adopt4.. Me, I had a good morning.. Got in 60 mins of Cardio before work.. Then I get to this pit and I am already stressed.. Oh well.. I will think of plesant things...

Anita

Did you get to your happy place? Are you done working yet so you can leave the stress behind you?

I'm with ya on the cereal thing. I cannot eat just a bowl of cereal in the morning. I need protein or I'm starving an hour later.
  • nitag
    Options

Anita

Did you get to your happy place? Are you done working yet so you can leave the stress behind you?

I'm with ya on the cereal thing. I cannot eat just a bowl of cereal in the morning. I need protein or I'm starving an hour later.

Yes I am feeling much better.. Some of my clients just piss me off.. :explode: :explode: But I do feel better. Once I ate I was feeling :laugh: Chipper... I am still working.. West coast here so it's only 3:30 and I have another 1.5 hrs.. Then I have an hr drive home. Oh well..

I had a banana with my cereal but I am not doing that again.. I do better with oatmeal.. I love Quaker Maple and brown sugar but I need 2 packages to make me full.. I just love food :heart: !!!

Anita