Woman: Doing it like a dude

Options

Replies

• Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I wonder if they eat their excercise calories?
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options

i think men throw plenty of protein their way.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    This is proof that if you gym like a dude you won't bulk up...so hit up those compound exercises and leave the cardio for the energizer bunnies.

Warning: sexy ladies doing compound exercises

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4g8rvQVZa0&feature=related

Without reading all the posts I have one comment. How can you say that they aren't bulky? They are totally bulky and, in my opinion, too masculine looking. By watching the video it just confirmed for me that if I "hit the gym like a dude" I might end up looking like a dude.

This is bulky...

strong_muscular_women_sw201.jpg
    Hey that's me with long hair.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    This is proof that if you gym like a dude you won't bulk up...so hit up those compound exercises and leave the cardio for the energizer bunnies.

Without reading all the posts I have one comment. How can you say that they aren't bulky? They are totally bulky and, in my opinion, too masculine looking. By watching the video it just confirmed for me that if I "hit the gym like a dude" I might end up looking like a dude.

I lift "like a dude". So does Sunshine and many other women on my friends list.
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Some observations:

1. They probably cannot conceive children.
    2. Funny how the camera was on their *kitten* the whole time and not on the muscles they were actually working
    C. The one in blue looked puny next what the beast in black was lifting
    4. and "yay lets skip away holding hands in our bikinis after our workout" haha

I liked the music. I would def workout to that! Guess I better hit the gym now. Wait where is my bikini!?!?

They probably can't conceive childern?!? Why would you assume such a thing? I had a BF% of about 12-14% when I got pregnant, I carried an amazing and beatuiful HEALTHY baby girl to full term with no complications and even had a natural birth! So please tell me why these women can't do it??
    There is no reason to tear down someone just because they have a differnt body type and goal than you. ANd attacking someone's ability to conceive based soley on a silly and fun promo video is a below the belt! I am honestly suprised that I am the first one to have commented on this...
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options

I lift "like a dude". So does Sunshine and many other women on my friends list.

I can almost squat my body weight, and I keep losing inches and going down pant sizes. I've yet to have anyone tell me I look like a man, and thankfully I haven't lost any of my bust yet (though they have gotten perkier with the chest exercises I'm doing!) :wink:

Someone said it earlier... this doesn't happen overnight, and if you get to a point you don't like it then don't do it. But bulking is difficult, and even leaning out bf to look like these girls would be difficult, so it's definitely not something to worry about when you are beginning to lift.

Plus who would say no to having an *kitten* like that?? I wouldn't!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Some observations:

1. They probably cannot conceive children.
    2. Funny how the camera was on their *kitten* the whole time and not on the muscles they were actually working
    C. The one in blue looked puny next what the beast in black was lifting
    4. and "yay lets skip away holding hands in our bikinis after our workout" haha

I liked the music. I would def workout to that! Guess I better hit the gym now. Wait where is my bikini!?!?

They probably can't conceive childern?!? Why would you assume such a thing? I had a BF% of about 12-14% when I got pregnant, I carried an amazing and beatuiful HEALTHY baby girl to full term with no complications and even had a natural birth! So please tell me why these women can't do it??
    There is no reason to tear down someone just because they have a differnt body type and goal than you. ANd attacking someone's ability to conceive based soley on a silly and fun promo video is a below the belt! I am honestly suprised that I am the first one to have commented on this...

I commented on numerous posts and was told to get off my high horse!
    I couldn't agree with you more!
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options

i think men throw plenty of protein their way.

Hahaha!! No doubt!!
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I hit the gym in my thong all the time... to many haters on here!

me too!
    No, no you don't. People would drop all kinda plates on their toes if you went to the gym in a thong. You're hot. People would break their cell phones trying to snap pics of you, and you'd not be able to work out at all.

Me, I go to the gym in a thong, they close the place for a week and bleach everything before they re-open. But I get the place to myself for any hour or so...
  • stubsy1968
    stubsy1968 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Each to their own but I personally think they look good and should be commended on the hard work they obviously put in to their physique. Being that cut requires a lot of dedication and damn hard work. Not sure on the bleached blonde hair but the fake boobs are a necessity as you certainly lose them (I can vouch for that!)

Bet the camera man had a blast shooting that vid! :tongue:

Kathy
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Got a chance to watch the vid (damn workplace blocks youtube) so I can comment on more than just a pic.

I certainly admire the ladies for their dedication and they obviously excell in what they do. So kudos on that front. Looks wise, I can't find the lady in black attractive at all. Sorry! The blue - yes :)

But no matter how we feel about that, luckily it takes a long time to develop like that so we can watch our progress and alter it if we're not getting the look we want. So I'm still all for lifting!
  • oliviapeacock
    oliviapeacock Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    What I want to know is... seriously? Who the hell dresses like that at the gym?

The one is almost bordering on looking more manly the other... but not to the point of "ew." I agree-I want a butt like that...

I know, right!? Don't see that everyday at my gym that's for sure. Too, not to the point of 'ew', but pretty darn close. Do like those cheeks......gonna get my own! :0)
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    When women say they're scared of being too bulky when they weight train I wonder why.

Getting to the level of the woman in the black outfit doesn't happen over night. She would have noticed every new bulge and size increase over the years that she took to get there.

If she thought she was getting too bulky she could either stop progressive loading (adding more weight each time) or just altogether.

This comment is useful to me. I'm not hating on these hard working, accomplished women. Fabulous for them. But no, I do not want those bodies. The OP introduced this video by saying this is proof women don't bulk up like they fear. So my mouth dropped when I saw this because I think to myself "This IS what I fear! This is proof it's not possible?!?! No." So thank you for returning me to reality. I think the original framing of the vid is off. That is an example of bulkiness. You might like it. But that's bulkiness in my view.
  • beyg
    beyg Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I wonder if their boobs are fake.

How is that they can have very low body fat percentage over all, yet have big boobs. Breasts are made of fat, just saying.

as real as Visa cards
  • Cindy_Fit4Life
    Cindy_Fit4Life Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I am definitely inspired by strong women who do dead lifts and CrossFit exercises but this video looks a bit too sleazy for me. I'm not inspired cause they kinda look like gym *kitten*! Sorry, I don't mean to be rude but it's my honest opinion. Self respect is so attractive and it goes great with a 6 pack and a tight body!

I guess this isn't for everyone, but kudos to those who like it!
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I personally would love to look like the girl in the black. She worked incredibly hard to get at that level

^^^ She definitely has my respect!!!

There is so much hate around this forum! Can't we all just appreciate each other and the hard work we all do to achieve our ideal bodies?! No two people have the same idea of perfection, so just respect each other and their goals! Everyone is beautiful in their own way!
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would never want to look like the chick in black, but I do admire the fact that she had to work extremely hard and be extremely disciplined in order to get to that point. I'd take the other girls body though.

Here's the thing-- these women don't just "do it like dudes." I lift pretty heavy at the gym (especially for my size-- you don't see many girls at my height/weight curling 20s in each arm) and there is NO way that I could ever look like that. They have to be eating constantly, and very specific foods. You have to make a very conscious effort to get that way.... it's not just going to happen through lifting.

I hate that women feel as thought lifting will do that to them. Look at hundreds of women on this site who eat well and lift heavy and how tight and toned (and small!) they look. It kills me when my girlfriends whine about how they look when they just do light cardio...lifting is so key!
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Umm...yeah, prefer not. This video really does NOT make me want to "workout like a man"...the one in black is way too muscular for my personal preference. I prefer to still look like a woman, be a bit soft and have curves...

All the more power to her (and the other one) for being dedicated and actually working that hard for a body like that...and if they like those bodies, great...but not for me.

However, I do have a butt similar to those and I really enjoy it so I can say I'm happy about that. :D
  • FatgutBgone
    FatgutBgone Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Do they have to have fake boobs though ?? Def think this is one for the boys!! lol
    Hey they're as real as their hair color.

I love muscular women bulked or not. Women have to work harder than men to bulk up and lose that fat first. As long as the outside is real who cares what is inside them LOL.
  • laughingnome
    laughingnome Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Too much muscle on women looks ugly not sexy same with men I like muscle but not unbelievabley bulky