P90X... starting a new thread...

Options

Replies

• tracy24
    tracy24 Posts: 188
    Options
    hey jessmom thanks for the info on yoga, i got another question as far as heart rate monitors and heart rate what would i look for in a monitor and what should your heart be before during and after exercising? thanks for the help!
  • purple120
    purple120 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the yoga information. I do yoga tonight so I'm going in with a better mindset. I did shoulders and arms yesterday. I really enjoy the weight lifiting portion of P90X. I also did the AB Ripper X, but again there's some moves I have trouble with and do the best I can. Go question on the heart monitors, I'm looking into buying one and would appreciate any recommendations.
  • Mimosa
    Mimosa Posts: 7
    Options
    You can purchase the program at www.beachbody.com. Go for it and be ready to seriously Bring It!!!!

Good Luck:love:
  • Mimosa
    Options
    Sandy...Thanks for posting Tony's comments and all the motivation. I

'm with you Purple, I too start yogaX tonight. After reading Sandy's comments, I think I have a better understanding of its purpose. I must admit, i got discouraged when I heard others on the program, say that the Yoga is hard and boring. Now I'm ready to bring it!:explode:
  • tracy24
    Options
    hey purple looks like were starting this at the same time im on day 5 if u like we can be each other support
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Week 8 here...down about 25 lbs and 20% bodyfat. I went straight into doubles after week 4 because I needed more intensity.

Been militant in sticking to the diet.

I'm looking forward to what weeks 9-13 hold before I start my second round.
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    I did my second round of legs/back today. My legs don't feel like jello. Hopefully that means I won't be sore for 5 days like last time:flowerforyou:
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    hey purple looks like were starting this at the same time im on day 5 if u like we can be each other support

I'm on day 3 (but might double up to get sunday to be a rest day). I think I'll need some support too - especially the eating part of it. But after a few days, I'm down 3 lb. I know it's water and not fat, but it sure helps motivate me to keep going.
  • tracy24
    Options
    hey ann thats sounds great im usually on here everyday so we will keep in touch with each other
  • Mimosa
    Options

Tracy/Purple/Ann...
    I'm on day 5 as well. I started 1/26/099, but fell off. This time my neighbor agreed to join in with me for xtra support. We all need all the support and motivation we can get.

I'm having most trouble getting in all the calories recommended, based on the p90x nutrition program. After entering my data on MFP, my cal intake shows a lot less. My other issue is learning how to use my heart rate monitor. I have no clue on how to find my zone (or how to determine how many cals I burn in a workout). Any suggestions?? I have the Nike Triax c8.

Thanks...
  • Mimosa
    Options
    Is there anyone in the Atlanta area wanting to workout together? I'm a member of Lifetime Fitness in Alpharetta, and I live near the airport. -willing to meet anywhere around the Perimeter...

Also, is there anyone combining workouts? I'm thinking I should incorporate Chalean Extreme, but not sure how. I don't want to over exert myself.
  • tracy24
    Options
    hi mimosa as far as extra calories i usually throw in a protein shake or bar and im still working on getting a hrm hopefully soon
  • Mimosa
    Options
    Sports Authority has them on sale, some as low as $20. I do the protein bar and started drinking the recovery formula once a day. As far as the shake...any suggestions on what's good out there? I hate the powder taste, but I do enjoy the taste of the recovery formula.

Anyone taking the slimming formula with the program?
  • annhjk
    Options
    Sports Authority has them on sale, some as low as $20. I do the protein bar and started drinking the recovery formula once a day. As far as the shake...any suggestions on what's good out there? I hate the powder taste, but I do enjoy the taste of the recovery formula.

we've been drinking the walmart brand called body fortress for protein drinks. It's not that bad, better with milk, but I can drink it faster when it's mixed with water. I haven't had any of the recovery stuff. any idea what to have without getting the supplement?
  • annhjk
    Options
    another question:

I started on Tuesday, so I just finished day 3, but would like sunday to be my rest day. Can I do legs and yoga tomorrow,then Kenpo on Sat, rest on Sunday OR should I do yoga tonight, legs/back tomorrow, then kenpo on Sat. I'm kind of trying to get my weeks to line up with the calendar a litle bit.

Also, is it too early to add running in? I don't want to mess with p90X, but I just got up to 7 miles again on Sunday and don't want to struggle running -or burn my body out. I thought I could maybe double with runnign when I have upper body and yoga days, but then I think that seems like a lot.
  • TheBull50
    TheBull50 Posts: 220
    Options
    Can anyone suggest a heart monitor that shows the amount of calories burned that is accurate ? So many choices and i want to know which one i should be going with.
  • tracy24
    Options
    I drink the body fortress from walmart also and the pure protein bars are from there too
  • Mimosa
    Options

we've been drinking the walmart brand called body fortress for protein drinks. It's not that bad, better with milk, but I can drink it faster when it's mixed with water. I haven't had any of the recovery stuff. any idea what to have without getting the supplement?
    Not sure...but just clarify, the slimming formula is a pill supplement that is to be taken before eating. I seems to me that it works a lot like a fat blocker.
  • shanrock
    shanrock Posts: 15
    Options
    I just started using it this week. I am so scared that I am going to bulk up. Can this happen? How do I stop it from happing?
  • Mimosa
    Options
    Can anyone suggest a heart monitor that shows the amount of calories burned that is accurate ? So many choices and i want to know which one i should be going with.
    I too would like same info...need one that tells me which zone to be in and cals burned. I purchased a Nike Triax c8, with no clue how to use.

Jess, which do you have?