P90X... starting a new thread...

Options

Replies

• Victoria23
    Victoria23 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hey guys! I have done P90X and its great for toning and feeling strong. I am starting Chalean Xtreme monday..its somewhat like P90X with more full body workouts and more cardio..so we shall see what happens :)
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Back and Legs really kicked my butt yesterday... But I have been noticing an improvement with my endurance. My reps have all gone up, and I can also do ALL my single leg wall squats without falling over(ha). I know my legs are so much stronger now. My husband has been commenting on the increase in muscle tone he's noticed lately, too.

I tried my pull-up bar for the first time, too. I can't believe what a huge difference that makes! Everything was burning by the end. It cracks me up hearing Tony say "Burn, burn, burn..." because I felt like my body was on FIRE!!! In all, I ended up burning 668 calories!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • littleluvbug
    littleluvbug Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    How many of you are staying on the food guide? I'm really struggling getting the balance right, I'm staying well within the calories, I just can't seem to get enough protein and lower my fat enough...what has your experience been? How important is it to follow it by the book?
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I was stunned this morning when I did my week 8 checkup for my weight. I lost 6 lbs during rest week.

Started the program at 288 lbs. Current weight 260 lbs...down 28 lbs. :smile:
    Wow, that is amazing! Great job! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    hey guys! I have done P90X and its great for toning and feeling strong. I am starting Chalean Xtreme monday..its somewhat like P90X with more full body workouts and more cardio..so we shall see what happens :)

I just finished my first round of ChaLean and loved it! The workouts are awesome and Chalene is so fun and motivational! Keep me posted on how you like them! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    How many of you are staying on the food guide? I'm really struggling getting the balance right, I'm staying well within the calories, I just can't seem to get enough protein and lower my fat enough...what has your experience been? How important is it to follow it by the book?

I just did like Tony said... did my best and forget the rest. Don't worry if you aren't *exactly* perfect. Keep it clean, try to watch the processed foods. If you are eating good fats, just watch your portions (almonds & other nuts, natural PB, olive oil, etc).

Jess
  • purple120
    purple120 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I did KenpoX today with my 14 year old daughter. I did better this time keeping up with the workout, and my daughter did pretty good. My daughter is a little over weight, but I dont want to pressure her too much so if she joins me that's fine, but if she doesnt I just try to encourage her and don't make her workout. Larissa (my daughter) felt pretty good afterward those feel good endorphines kicked in and she was in a good mood. I ordered my heart monitor today yeah I'm excited. Thought I needed that more than a purse or a pair of shoes, but dont tell my husband.

Tomorrow is my stretch day which is very relaxing for me and that's why I do it instead of just resting, and then I start my 3rd week. I dont see or feel any changes, but some people have commented how my face looks thinner, I wont take measurements until the end of my 1st month.

Thanks again for helping me to continue pressing play!
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    I'm with you purple120 -- XStretch for me today, and it feels so good. I may throw in some pilates later, but this time change has me off track -- especially since my alarm clock didn't automatically adjust like it was supposed to. :grumble:
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I have a question - do you guys follow the nutrition guide 7 days a week or do you allow for a day/meal off? I just ate brunch (and b-day cake) for my son's b-day, but plan on being on track the rest of the day. I don't feel horrible about it, but may be over/not enough protein for the day. Is it a big deal?
  • sassyandsexy1
    Options
    Hello!! I am doing P90X and will start my recovery week this week! I have not seen any changes, except how many pulls ups I can do,, with the chair... can't do one yet, without it, but will get there,,, my eating has not been the best, it's been up and down,,,

Tonight hubby and I are going to dinner to celebrate my birthday which is tomorrow. I'll be 35!!! no kids, but hopefully that will change soon.

Anyways,, I am doing my best to follow the diet and watching my portions,, and feel that in the afternoon I want more carbs,,, trying to eat more protein is not that bad,,, still doing the Fat Shredder because I haven't lost any weight, but it is my fault,, but not going to focus on the past because that won['t help me to press on to the future,, anyways,,

Great thread,, and Let's bring it!!:flowerforyou:
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I have a question - do you guys follow the nutrition guide 7 days a week or do you allow for a day/meal off? I just ate brunch (and b-day cake) for my son's b-day, but plan on being on track the rest of the day. I don't feel horrible about it, but may be over/not enough protein for the day. Is it a big deal?

I can't speak for others but I have been militant on this eating program. The P90X nutrition was similar to how I already ate so it was no drastic change but I haven't really come close to wavering from the food plan.
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I've just been eating as clean as I can, and also watching my portions... Using the calorie counter on this website has been a real eye-opener for me. So far, things have been going well... The only thing that I've been having a hard time with is when I'm visiting with family, and trying not to go crazy with the stuff that they usually have at their house. I try to make a point of eating something healthy BEFORE going there, just so I don't have to be starving and over-do it at their house...
  • tracy24
    tracy24 Posts: 188
    Options
    :smile: week 2 day one done!!! i love this program!!!! p90x rocks!!!
  • chamilio
    chamilio Posts: 39
    Options
    I'm in need of a little help and i'm sure someone has brought it up but how should i set up MFP to work with the P90X work out. Im a male, 27 years old, 196lbs, and trying to take in my portions as 50% protien, 30% carb, 20% fat. how much calories should i be taking in? Does anyone know how many calories are burned per each workout? I figure that each is different. I'm looking for some ballpark figures.
  • TheBull50
    TheBull50 Posts: 220
    Options
    I just want to let everyone know that Kempo X is AWESOME! I find it to be one of the best DVD's in the series. There are many similarities to Tae Kwon Do which is probally why I enjoy it so much. 350 calories burned ...cant go wrong there.

My second week is over :happy: Today is a rest day so I may to stretch X or play Wii Fit. i have to admit, my gf tells me my arms and shoulder are getting more definition to them so I am happy to see the hard work is ACTUALLY WORKING. the thing I have the most trouble with is ABS and Always have. It isn't like I dog the workout because I give it all I have. My abs have never shown on my body and hopefully will start to show up soon :ohwell:

Everyone is working hard! congratulations on the sucess thus far and best of wishes for future advancements.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I'm in need of a little help and i'm sure someone has brought it up but how should i set up MFP to work with the P90X work out. Im a male, 27 years old, 196lbs, and trying to take in my portions as 50% protien, 30% carb, 20% fat. how much calories should i be taking in? Does anyone know how many calories are burned per each workout? I figure that each is different. I'm looking for some ballpark figures.

As far as calories taken in, there should be a guide/formula (with your P90X) to determine whether you are at Level I, II, or III. I started at 288 lbs which is Level III (3000 calories) but I can't eat that many and rarely take in more than 2200 (usually at or below 2000 with plenty of energy).

This site has been very helpful in tracking my caloric intake.

I believe there was a post above stating what one individual typically burns, in calories, per workout but it's different for everyone. I'm a big guy and I've burned over 1000 in a plyo workout and 1200+ between a back, biceps and ARX workout.

Hope this helps...
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options

Ideally, you should invest in a good hrm- there are may threads and recommendations on mfp. Everyone is different and burns at a different rate.:smile:
  • tracy24
    tracy24 Posts: 188
    Options
    I just want to let everyone know that Kempo X is AWESOME! I find it to be one of the best DVD's in the series. There are many similarities to Tae Kwon Do which is probally why I enjoy it so much. 350 calories burned ...cant go wrong there.

My second week is over :happy: Today is a rest day so I may to stretch X or play Wii Fit. i have to admit, my gf tells me my arms and shoulder are getting more definition to them so I am happy to see the hard work is ACTUALLY WORKING. the thing I have the most trouble with is ABS and Always have. It isn't like I dog the workout because I give it all I have. My abs have never shown on my body and hopefully will start to show up soon :ohwell:

Everyone is working hard! congratulations on the sucess thus far and best of wishes for future advancements.
    bull50 i also take tae kwon do and kenpo is a great workout
  • TheBull50
    TheBull50 Posts: 220
    Options

bull50 i also take tae kwon do and kenpo is a great workout

I pretty much LIVE Tae Kwon Do. I am a second degree BB instructor here in Troy, I have been in TKD since I was 4 years old on an off but got serious about 3 years ago when I got my second degree bb. I am testing for my third in February next year, I am excited.
  • purple120
    purple120 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Let me start off by saying I love to stay in bed till the last minute, never been one to wake up early. I've been waking up at 5:30 am to fix breakfast for my DH and myself, but today I got up at 5:15 to do my ARX. I decided to do this first thing in the morning because if I do it when I do my regular workout I feel so burned out that I feel I'm not really putting 100%. Well I was right I did do better doing the ARX by itself. Tonight after work it's Chest and Back. P.S. It seems I have more energy this morning, maybe that has someting to do with it.

I do follow the eating plan from the Nurtritional Guide book 100% Mon-Fri. But I have to admit that on Sat-Sun I follow it more like 80%, reason being I'm running around with the family and sometimes I miss a meal or have trouble with my carbs. I havent gone overboard, I do meet my protien intake, but my carb intake is higher. I will re-commit to stay clean even on weekends if I want to change the way I look.
    Starting weight 173.5#
    week 2 - 169
    week 3 - 167.5