P90X... starting a new thread...

Options

Replies

• tracy24
    tracy24 Posts: 188
    Options
    bull50 thats awesome i take the class 4 nites a week and im a orange belt i will get my black belt though i have my first tournment this saturday alittle nervous but excited
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Started week 11 today. This was the last time for Chest & Back this round. Not sure if I'm happy or sad about that. :tongue:
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    bull50 thats awesome i take the class 4 nites a week and im a orange belt i will get my black belt though i have my first tournment this saturday alittle nervous but excited

Where is your tournament? My son's academy is goign to one this weekend in Lincoln NE I think. We haven't ventured into that yet. I'm sure once he learns his black belt form he will, but he wasn't ready for this one.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Started week 11 today. This was the last time for Chest & Back this round. Not sure if I'm happy or sad about that. :tongue:

You're finished with 10 weeks...how are your results so far? I'll be approaching week 11 like you, very soon, and I've heard the final phase is when the real "magic" happens.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Great job, everyone!! I finished my round of ChaLean and will be doing Chest & back w/ my hubby tonight. BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • chamilio
    chamilio Posts: 39
    Options
    Thanks Aprilvet and BR1986,

I'm still confused on how to use MFP in conjunction with working out. What should i set my goals at. I did the recommended but it just doesnt seem to be enough.

On another note i did Kenpo X this last saturday and it was fun but i feel like i work harder doing an interval training session on a bike. I'm not sure if the Kenpo is enough. Its fun though :tongue:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Thanks Aprilvet and BR1986,

I'm still confused on how to use MFP in conjunction with working out. What should i set my goals at. I did the recommended but it just doesnt seem to be enough.

On another note i did Kenpo X this last saturday and it was fun but i feel like i work harder doing an interval training session on a bike. I'm not sure if the Kenpo is enough. Its fun though :tongue:

Well, the guidelines for P90X would basically be the 1,200 cals level + 600 cals for your workouts, so the lowest you should be eating is 1,800 cals. (for level 1) You can manually set your carb/ protein/ fat ratios here if you want to do that.

I honestly don't get as much out of Kenpo or CardioX because I am a runner and am used to a major *cardio high*. They are fun, but not intense enough for me? :blushing:
  • tracy24
    Options

Where is your tournament? My son's academy is goign to one this weekend in Lincoln NE I think. We haven't ventured into that yet. I'm sure once he learns his black belt form he will, but he wasn't ready for this one.
    Knoxville,Tn
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    Yeah, Kenpo isn't very taxing. I had switched Kenpo for a second round of plyo weekly but following up legs & back with plyo was a bit too much on the knees.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I've seen a lot of people adding weighted gloves to Kenpo. I quite enjoy it because my whole family did TaeKwonDo together growing up. All my brothers and sisters and I have black belts...our parents didn't quite make it the whole way. So I've always loved martial arts type stuff. I agree that sometimes it seems you don't get as much of a 'bang for your buck' as you do with plyo.
  • sandy429
    Options

You're finished with 10 weeks...how are your results so far? I'll be approaching week 11 like you, very soon, and I've heard the final phase is when the real "magic" happens.

This is my third round, and my results have been great. I'm down to 121 pounds and 15% bodyfat. I'm 5'9", so 121 is a bit low. I've increased my calorie intake to try to put on a couple of pounds, but my metabolism is working so well that I'm having trouble gaining! :happy:

Do you have plans for a 2nd round? I'm going to do a round of the plus workouts and then try a hybrid workout that Jess sent me. I'm starting to get excited about the plus!
  • TheBull50
    TheBull50 Posts: 220
    Options

Best of Luck to you. I know it is easier said than done but don't be nervous. nerves only make it harder to focus. You will do fine. Be sure to let us know how you do :-)
  • BR1986FB
    Options

This is my third round, and my results have been great. I'm down to 121 pounds and 15% bodyfat. I'm 5'9", so 121 is a bit low. I've increased my calorie intake to try to put on a couple of pounds, but my metabolism is working so well that I'm having trouble gaining! :happy:

Do you have plans for a 2nd round? I'm going to do a round of the plus workouts and then try a hybrid workout that Jess sent me. I'm starting to get excited about the plus!

I will take a week off and then start round 2. I plan on incorporating the Plus workouts in round 2.

My goal is to downsize. I started at 288 lbs and am looking to get down to 200-210. I'll do it. It 's not a matter of if, but when.

After I go through the 2nd time I plan on creating my own P90X "Mass" program. I have about $25,000 worth of commercial weight equipment in my garage that I don't want going to waste. :happy:
  • tracy24
    Options

Best of Luck to you. I know it is easier said than done but don't be nervous. nerves only make it harder to focus. You will do fine. Be sure to let us know how you do :-)
    thanks so much and i will
  • sandy429
    Options

I will take a week off and then start round 2. I plan on incorporating the Plus workouts in round 2.

My goal is to downsize. I started at 288 lbs and am looking to get down to 200-210. I'll do it. It 's not a matter of if, but when.

After I go through the 2nd time I plan on creating my own P90X "Mass" program. I have about $25,000 worth of commercial weight equipment in my garage that I don't want going to waste. :happy:

I have no doubt you'll reach your goal. This is a lifestyle now, so no rush! :smile:
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    Week 9 off and running with a bang! Chest & back were off the charts! More reps & a better pump on most exercises than I got in week 3.

At the end of week 3 I still couldn't do dive bombers and diamond pushups but tonight I was whipping off 10+ reps. Totally jacked !!!
  • chamilio
    chamilio Posts: 39
    Options
    Week 9 off and running with a bang! Chest & back were off the charts! More reps & a better pump on most exercises than I got in week 3.

At the end of week 3 I still couldn't do dive bombers and diamond pushups but tonight I was whipping off 10+ reps. Totally jacked !!!

Thats great. I'm entering the 4th week myself and just got done with the monster known as chest and back. I'm excited to see if i get similar results.
  • jessmomof3
    Options

That is awesome!! I love Chest & Back! I did half of it (one set of each pushup/ pullup/ weights) tonight w/ my hubby. Started off w/ a bang w/ 43 *real* standard pushups. Not bad for a girl. :laugh:
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I did chest and back this morning too, then ARX tonight - and a 4.5 mile run. I wonder how sore my upper body will be tomorrow. Next week I'll get off my knees for some, but today was all about survival.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Did C&B and ARx tonight and can't WAIT for Plyo bright and early at 5am tomorrow! :devil: :laugh: