P90X... starting a new thread...

Options

Replies

• MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Thanks, P!!! I need to keep going with the program, so my body will match!!!:laugh:

My feet were killing me the first time that I did Plyo; I had to switch to my volleyball shoes so I would have more support. I actually invested in some nice crosstrainers last week, and they've made all the difference!!! Take care of those poor feet!
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Cardio X in the bag. Getting kinda used to these 3:45am workouts. Shoulders, arms & ARX this evening. Get at it, folks!!
  • TheBull50
    TheBull50 Posts: 220
    Options
    Plyo tonight and I could be more excited! I did a 5k run this morning and am planning to get moving and groving tonight after TKD.
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    This program continues to amaze me.

I've gotten excellent results (73 lb weight loss) on Body for Life but nothing like P90X. BFL took me 7 months to drop from a size 50 jean to a 31. This program sheds fat radically.

I had to get down in the 220 range to be able to slide into 31's. I'm currently probably below 260 and I'll likely be fitting in 36's (down from 48's eight and a half weeks ago). The fat is dropping off in droves.

I love the variety that this offers and it's a MUCH more intense program, to me, than BFL. BFL is a very good program though.
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    arms and shoulders for me today. I'm proud to say I upped my weights on everything except the flip tri kick back things. Many those kill me at the end of the workout.
  • tracy24
    tracy24 Posts: 188
    Options
    Good morning to all yoga for me today im hoping to do the full hour and a half only got 45 minutes last time
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Shoulders & Arms + ARX today. I upped my weight and am already feeling it.

MissResa -- you look gorgeous!

Tracy24 -- I know you can do it! Just relax and breathe.

Make it a great day everyone! :smile:
  • purple120
    purple120 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I did ARX first thing this morning. I have a better workout if I divide the two workout throughout the day. Tonight after work I do Shoulders and arms (which I love).

I should be getting my HRM today, I'm excited a new toy to play with. YEAH!
  • TheBull50
    TheBull50 Posts: 220
    Options
    I am starting to see why this program works. I can see my arms getting a little bigger and my legs stronger. This really does work!
  • tracy24
    Options
    I did ARX first thing this morning. I have a better workout if I divide the two workout throughout the day. Tonight after work I do Shoulders and arms (which I love).

hey purple thats a great idea to split them up like that i ordered my hrm today got a polar f6 cant wait to get it :happy:
  • tracy24
    Options

sandy thanks i will let you know if i make it :sad:
  • MissResa
    Options

Thanks, Sandy!!!

I'm so happy that everyone's stuck with it for so long!!! The results have been speaking for themselves, and I don't know about everyone else, but I never would have believed that a program you use at home could have such a positive impact on anyone's life. I've always been a skeptic about infomercials, but P90X really delivers!!!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options

Yep, I actually do ARX on my cardio days instead of weight training days. It works better w/ my hubby's schedule and I definitely bring it more when I'm not doing it right after a tough weight workout! :wink: But I know some people that either do it before their workout or do one in the morning/ one at night. As long as you're getting it done, you're good!

And YAY for HRM!! :bigsmile: I love my Polar F6!! :heart:
  • jessmomof3
    Options

I'm so happy that everyone's stuck with it for so long!!! The results have been speaking for themselves, and I don't know about everyone else, but I never would have believed that a program you use at home could have such a positive impact on anyone's life. I've always been a skeptic about infomercials, but P90X really delivers!!!

It really does!!! I know a lot of people are skeptical at first (I was too!) but I've seen WAY too many people succeed on this program NOT to believe it works! :bigsmile: My hubby cracked me up last night, he said he can't wait til he can start wearing tank tops this summer (coming from a guy who's never really worn tank tops before. :laugh: ) so he can show off his buff arms. :laugh:
  • MissResa
    Options
    That's so awesome, Jess!!! I love that you two work out with each other. When I did Kenpo the other night, my hubby joined in, and we had a blast!!! He made me laugh so much, though, because he couldn't do all the combo's so he started making his own up and spastically throwing his arms around to make me smile... He's going to join in on workouts when he's on the same schedule as me!!!!
  • BR1986FB
    Options

It really does!!! I know a lot of people are skeptical at first (I was too!) but I've seen WAY too many people succeed on this program NOT to believe it works! :bigsmile: My hubby cracked me up last night, he said he can't wait til he can start wearing tank tops this summer (coming from a guy who's never really worn tank tops before. :laugh: ) so he can show off his buff arms. :laugh:

I'm a believer. I'm a longtime "iron head" who is used to bench pressing Buicks but I thought I'd give this a shot. Very humbling when you can put up some crazy weights in the weight room yet pushups & pullups are a challenge.

As I mentioned before, I've tried many programs and NOTHING has shed the fat off of me like this.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    That's so awesome, Jess!!! I love that you two work out with each other. When I did Kenpo the other night, my hubby joined in, and we had a blast!!! He made me laugh so much, though, because he couldn't do all the combo's so he started making his own up and spastically throwing his arms around to make me smile... He's going to join in on workouts when he's on the same schedule as me!!!!

That's great! It is fun, he makes me laugh so hard during Ab ripper... I consider it a bonus ab workout (the laughing :laugh: ). And we always push each other to do one more rep, or push just a little harder. Tonight is Shoulders & Arms. Woohoo! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I'm a longtime "iron head" who is used to bench pressing Buicks but I thought I'd give this a shot. Very humbling when you can put up some crazy weights in the weight room yet pushups & pullups are a challenge.

As I mentioned before, I've tried many programs and NOTHING has shed the fat off of me like this.

That is awesome to hear! Wow, bench pressing Buicks is impressive. :laugh: My brother didn't think it would be very effective either (he's military and gym rat) and was a bit discouraged that he couldn't do very many pullups to start with. :laugh: But heck, I couldn't do ANY when I started. :wink:
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    I'm a longtime "iron head" who is used to bench pressing Buicks but I thought I'd give this a shot. Very humbling when you can put up some crazy weights in the weight room yet pushups & pullups are a challenge.

That is awesome to hear! Wow, bench pressing Buicks is impressive. :laugh: My brother didn't think it would be very effective either (he's military and gym rat) and was a bit discouraged that he couldn't do very many pullups to start with. :laugh: But heck, I couldn't do ANY when I started. :wink:

It's funny because I frequent quite a few P90X threads on various message boards and military guys, for the most part, do consider this program to be pretty challenging.
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options

Thanks, Sandy!!!

I used to be quite the informercial junkie. :tongue: I started with Power90 in 2003, and have stuck with Tony ever since. I tried other infomercial stuff like the Firm & Winsor Pilates, but Tony has my heart. I actually still do Winsor Pilates at times, but I gave up on anything else. Someone at the dojo asked me if I've ever done Zumba, and I said, "No way. I'm a P90X girl!" :laugh:

By the way MissResa, I'm so jealous of your hair! It's absolutely beautiful!!