P90X... starting a new thread...

Options

Replies

• sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    as tony as " Ab Ripper X ... I HATE IT, but I LOVE IT"

I think that is really how I feel. Maybe it is just my personality but I hate that I can't do the full 25 reps each time. I am doing anywhere from 15-20. I guess looking at the glass half full would say at least I am doing 15-20 :ohwell:

Have you tried it with your shoes off? That really helped me in the beginning.
  • sandy429
    Options
    hey guys.. . .

Is a kcal the same thing as a calorie? I see all these heart rate monitors and they use kcals. I brought back the crappy one and am going to get a Polar one today.

This is what I found:

KCAL simply means kilocalorie. The prefix "kilo" means 1000. Therefore, a KCAL or kilocalorie is simply 1000 calories.

To convert with this, simply multiply the number of kilocalories (KCAL) by 1000 to equal the amount of calories.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! You are all kickin' butt and takin' names! :laugh: I'm done with my round of ChaLean Extreme!!!! Feeling great and ready to mix it up w/ some P90X next week! :bigsmile: Still running... have 10 miles to run tomorrow for my half marathon training. 8 weeks to go!!! :wink:
  • TheBull50
    TheBull50 Posts: 220
    Options
    yes I dont use wear my shoes at all during p90x.
  • TheBull50
    Options
    then there was something seriously wrong with my old pedometer.

I burned 113 kcals X 1000 = 113,000 calories .... that next to impossible
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    then there was something seriously wrong with my old pedometer.

I burned 113 kcals X 1000 = 113,000 calories .... that next to impossible

I'm reading that kcal and cal are interchangible.

"Scientifically, 1 kilocalorie=1000 calories=1 kcal. However, in nutrition context, values are given for the number in kilocalories in a food, but are usually simply referred to as calories. On food labels, “Calories” and kilocalories are used interchangeably to mean the same thing. So, e.g, for a 30g serving of cereal, the packaging may indicate 300kcal or 300 calories."
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Bull- the "calories" that we talk about in our food and what we burn- the number your hrm gives you- is, scientifically speaking, a kilocalorie or kcal. DO NOT multiply your numbers by 1,000! Just ignor the kcal stuff. If you see this nomenclature on a food label, just think of calories.

Hope this helps!!:smile:
  • TheBull50
    Options
    Bull- the "calories" that we talk about in our food and what we burn- the number your hrm gives you- is, scientifically speaking, a kilocalorie or kcal. DO NOT multiply your numbers by 1,000! Just ignor the kcal stuff. If you see this nomenclature on a food label, just think of calories.

Hope this helps!!:smile:

It does help. Just proves again never to buy a 50 dollar hrm from CVS b/c they SUCK!!! Here I was jumping all over sweating like a crazy guy and it tells me 113 calories ... no way at all. Tonight , new Polar heart rate monitor and hopefully better results.

The results from P90X are showing though. My gf says my shoulders and chest are looking bigger :smile: so I am doing something right there.
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    You will love your Polar... I don't know how I made it with out it!!! It makes me push myself a little harder, too. When I was playing volleyball on Wednesday, I had a really slow night and saw my heart rate waaaayyyy too low. I made a point of jumping around just to keep it up, and I managed to burn over 900 calories!!!
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Core synergistics was awesome tonight. Worked up a great sweat.

Tomorrow I'll be checking the weight and bodyfat...
  • purple120
    purple120 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I did yoga last night struggled through it, but I did it. I get a terrible headache when I'm done. I drink about 100 oz of water a day and eat my carb portion for phase one, so I cant figure out why my head hurts.

I did legs and back plus ARX. I think I love the weight workouts better, it just makes me feel like I'm changing my body quicker. I covered the timer during my ARX workout so that I wouldn't be counting down the minutes and it really helped, made the workout go quicker.
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    What a good idea!!! I always pay attention to that dumb little clock... When I'm doing the weight training or the cardio, it doesn't bother me, but during ARX, my eyes are GLUED!!!!
  • tracy24
    tracy24 Posts: 188
    Options
    day 6 kenpo and abx done today will have to be a rest day gotta work wow done with week one of p90x rock on!
  • TheBull50
    Options
    Hey everyone. I was so sad yesterday. I went to the store to get the Polar but they didn't have any left. I asked the guy that worked there what was pretty close and he suggested the SportsLine Solo 910. It was the same price as the F4 and he said he used it everyday. So I figured give it a shot. Tried it this morning and it says I burned 430 calories during back and legs along with Ab Ripper X. I am going to wear it to Tae Kwon Do classes from now on and get a real feel of just how hard I am working out.

Kempo X tomorrow and rest day on Monday.

Have a great weekend
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    One week down! I'm rearranging a little so my hubby and i can do different dvd's on different days, and since I started on Tuesday, I doubled a few up (yoga and kenpo).

Today was legs/back, ARX, then I ran 3 miles - hopefully that helps stretch out my legs a little bit.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    One week down! I'm rearranging a little so my hubby and i can do different dvd's on different days, and since I started on Tuesday, I doubled a few up (yoga and kenpo).

Today was legs/back, ARX, then I ran 3 miles - hopefully that helps stretch out my legs a little bit.

YEAH! Great job with your first week down! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hey everyone. I was so sad yesterday. I went to the store to get the Polar but they didn't have any left. I asked the guy that worked there what was pretty close and he suggested the SportsLine Solo 910. It was the same price as the F4 and he said he used it everyday. So I figured give it a shot. Tried it this morning and it says I burned 430 calories during back and legs along with Ab Ripper X. I am going to wear it to Tae Kwon Do classes from now on and get a real feel of just how hard I am working out.

Kempo X tomorrow and rest day on Monday.

Have a great weekend

Sorry they didn't have the F4 in stock, but sounds like you got a good one anyway! I love my F6, it's great to see how many cals burned. I burned over 900 for my 8.5 mile run this morning. :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    You will love your Polar... I don't know how I made it with out it!!! It makes me push myself a little harder, too. When I was playing volleyball on Wednesday, I had a really slow night and saw my heart rate waaaayyyy too low. I made a point of jumping around just to keep it up, and I managed to burn over 900 calories!!!

Wow, you go girl!!!! You're doing awesome! :drinker:
  • sandy429
    Options
    KenpoX done today. Stretch & maybe some Pilates tomorrow, and Round 3 Week 10 will be done. I'm getting excited about moving to the plus workouts. :smile:
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I was stunned this morning when I did my week 8 checkup for my weight. I lost 6 lbs during rest week.

Started the program at 288 lbs. Current weight 260 lbs...down 28 lbs. :smile: