What did you give me that for????

Options

Replies

• Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I was 16 just broke up from my first gf and my loving father got MALE blow up doll
    He wrote a note saying "this way you can never feel lonely and you got someone to play football with"

Haha what a great father!
  • Alexdur85
    Alexdur85 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    My ex boyfriend's first (and last) Xmas together consisted of a bunch of items, most appeared used in boxes that they did not orginially come in. I got a bunch of gifts though, probably like 10 or more. Well as it turns out they were are items returned to the store he worked at where they are supposed to destroy them and throw them out and the ones that didn't look used were stolen. To top it off I had just gotten a job at a police department.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    now, wait a min here, was it a Leatherman?

My mom gave me a mini leatherman for xmas about 10 years ago. I keep it in my purse and it gets moved over every time i change purses. Love that thing!

My passive-aggressive, very religious aunt gave me a plate with jesus and a prayer on it. Ive been an atheist since i was 12.

My husbands grandma gave me a box of chocolates that tasted awful ( I looked at the box and they had expired over a year before) and stationary that said "happy mothers day". Those were still better than the jesus plate.
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    my MIL (whom i ADORE btw) is an artist (an excellent one at that) & as such she like to shop at art fairs & craft fairs for things that are one of a kind & original & unusual. she loves finding one of a kind stores tucked in out of the way places

on year she gave me a mutlicolor (shades of red & brown) knit jacket with these big loops of yarn covering it kind of like the fur (hair?) on a sheep
    i looked like a YETI in it

AND since she gave it to me I had to wear it IN PUBLIC at least once in her presence
    people actually stared

my kids STILL give me a hard time about it. "hey mom its cold, why dont you wear that nice jacket omah gave you"?
    i've been getting that kind of gift for 23 years
    then last year i smartened up
    i started "mentioning" things
    how much i love going to a nice fancy relaxed lunch once in awhile
    how i always need socks but i never seem to remember to but them for myself & i keep stealing my husbands (true)
    last year for christmas
    i got SOCKS!!! like 12 pair, all different, some thick & fuzzy, some made to wear with dress slacks, argyle, everycolor you could think of!!!! LOVED IT
    i also however got a giant tropical hot pink hand blown glass flamingo
    my house is as traditional as they come
    hot pink flamingo?
    but at least i got the socks LOL
    oh and for my birthday i gotten taken out to a very nice lunch, and some very odd handwoven potholders
    but i DO have to say, everything is always wrapped BEAUTIFULLY especially the year she made her own gift wrap
  • carmenstop1
    carmenstop1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    After 20 years of marriage and some classic horrible gifts from my MIL, she topped the cake last year when she gave me the tackiest christmas decoration that I seriously know she has had for at least the past 20 years and put out every single year since I have known my husband. I think it originally came from a dollar store, and was horribly ugly...it was so unkind and rude, my husband threw it in the garbage when we got home! He always hated it too! By the way, my sister in law got a beautiful gift basket! Hint taken, I don't like her either!
  • sweetcheeks27
    sweetcheeks27 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    a boyfriend from high school gave me a HUGE stuffed bear that he sprayed cologne all over. I hate stuffed animals and the thing reeked! Oh, he also mailed a pack of skittles to my house (I also had to pay the mailman 50 cents in postage dues) that I received on Christmas eve. Strange boy.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I think I win weirdest gift, very easily. One year I got a statue...of a goat.

The pagan religion kills goats for christmas
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    One year for my birthday my mum gave me a vibrator and said that she would rather I use that then get myself pregnant :noway: :huh:
  • tycusjay
    tycusjay Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    when I was 15 or 16 my Grandma gave me a basket with pads, tampons and underwear. :noway:

OMG!! hahahahaha
  • tycusjay
    Options
    One year for my birthday my mum gave me a vibrator and said that she would rather I use that then get myself pregnant :noway: :huh:

Oh wow, awkward much???!!
  • sweetcheeks27
    sweetcheeks27 Posts: 162 Member
    Options

Ha ha! My friend in HS got a vibrator from her mom too.. 3 months later she was pregnant!
  • grandtheftuno
    Options
    when I was 15 or 16 my Grandma gave me a basket with pads, tampons and underwear. :noway:

mortifying but kind of adorable.
  • tycusjay
    Options
    a little statue of a chick getting it on with a dog..............yes im compleatly serious

Whaaaaatt!!??
  • grandtheftuno
    Options

one year my friend ordered the tallest single tier trophy available at the trophy shop, and had them put a golden goat on it. She gave it to another one of our friends, it is known as the "goat on a stick"
  • jlb95
    jlb95 Posts: 29
    Options
    I was 8 and my mom got me a pair of underwear with a winky face on the butt and then insisted I wear them to the doctor....:noway:
  • caitmcwill
    Options
    a knife :indifferent: ....needless to say it didn't work out
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I was once given a velour track suit in a size 2X when I was a size small at the time.

I don't know what would make anyone think I would be caught dead in a track suit. But 2X? Really?
  • grandtheftuno
    Options
    One year my dad gave me a Spongebob Squarepants wall clock because I "love spongebob". I think I used to watch it (and mock it) back in high school, but I got this when I was probably 21 or 22. It's still in the box.

This is a little unrelated, but lately my brother has been obsessed with Bruce Springsteen, so I made him a mug with a picture of Bruce Springsteen on it that says "worlds best boss".
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options

It depends on which pagan religion you're talking about (the term pagan refers to any non-Christian religion). But in general, no they don't.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    my mother gave me spermicide in my stocking when i was 16...

:noway: :laugh: