What did you give me that for????

Options

Replies

• Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You know those candy necklaces? Well I got a candy bra and thong.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options

Jealous.
  • nikki91950
    Options

i think this is the new winner.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    This isn't an AWFUL gift, more of a getting my hopes up and letting me down gift. My mom got me a pair of gloves that had special fingertips that can interact with touch screens. I'd been talking about wanting a smartphone a LOT so when I opened it I thought she might have gotten me one! Nope, just the gloves. Turned out she thought they'd be useful for winter when I'm using the GPS. xD
  • katcena
    katcena Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    my MIL (whom i ADORE btw) is an artist (an excellent one at that) & as such she like to shop at art fairs & craft fairs for things that are one of a kind & original & unusual. she loves finding one of a kind stores tucked in out of the way places

on year she gave me a mutlicolor (shades of red & brown) knit jacket with these big loops of yarn covering it kind of like the fur (hair?) on a sheep
    i looked like a YETI in it

AND since she gave it to me I had to wear it IN PUBLIC at least once in her presence
    people actually stared

my kids STILL give me a hard time about it. "hey mom its cold, why dont you wear that nice jacket omah gave you"?
    i've been getting that kind of gift for 23 years

I seriously laughed out loud when I got to the Yeti part....lol
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    lol I'll have to think of something! bumping :)
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    One year for my birthday my mum gave me a vibrator and said that she would rather I use that then get myself pregnant :noway: :huh:

Ha ha! My friend in HS got a vibrator from her mom too.. 3 months later she was pregnant!
    Whaaat those things come loaded now?!?
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options

i think this is the new winner.

Only the winner if its gifter was of awkward status. Like the mailman, or your grandmother.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    One year for my birthday my mum gave me a vibrator and said that she would rather I use that then get myself pregnant :noway: :huh:

Ha ha! My friend in HS got a vibrator from her mom too.. 3 months later she was pregnant!
    Whaaat those things come loaded now?!?

Hahahahahahaha
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    My cousin gave me a barbie when I was 18 >__> (wtf)
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    My grandmother once gave me a pair of underwear for Christmas when I was 8 ..and it was gianormous! I mean...HUGE! I held it up and EVERYONE started laughing. I still don't know if it was meant as a joke gift or if she actually thought it was something that I could wear. lol

On the other side of the coin though, my parents always bought me clothes that were several sizes too small. I'm not sure what's more embarrassing, clothes that are way too big or way too small. Either way, it sucks. lol
  • Tkwild
    Tkwild Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My best was from the (now ex) father in law. We didn't get along at all, and he bought me a cheap nasty towel set. I don't know if they were just that bad quality or if he sprayed them with something, but no matter how many times I washed these towels, they remained 100% waterproof, didn't dry a damn thing. Wish I'd have thought of it for him first!
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    My best was from the (now ex) father in law. We didn't get along at all, and he bought me a cheap nasty towel set. I don't know if they were just that bad quality or if he sprayed them with something, but no matter how many times I washed these towels, they remained 100% waterproof, didn't dry a damn thing. Wish I'd have thought of it for him first!

LOL That's too funny! I want to know where to get towels like that, I can think of a couple of people I'd love to give them too. heheh
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    My mother gave my husband and I a chess set - we don't play chess - where each piece is represented by a shot glass and you are supposed to drink a shot each time your piece is knocked off the board. Hey, Mum - I'm losing weight. I don't drink shots and I don't play chess.

Even our sons asked why she gave it to us.
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    One year my dad gave me a wine bottle opener some fancy one i couldn't work....i was 3 and a half months pregnant at the time.
  • bandie320
    bandie320 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    When I was twelve and completely obsessed with makeup, hairstyles, clothes, etc, my Aunt who was known for choosing fantastic gifts got me some sort of model skull type of thing that you had to build, like a model plane but it was a human skull. To this day I'm fairly sure it was meant for one of the younger boy cousins and she just got the name tag mixed up. One of my male cousins was probably thinking, "Gee thanks aunty, a makeup set, just what I've always wanted'.

On a side note I was teasing my partner yesterday saying he'd stolen half of my Christmas present this year. My parents always give me a certain amount of money for a present, this year I only got half the usual amount and my partner got the same. They haven't spent that much on him in the past, they usually get him something smaller. After they left I was teasing him and saying they gave half my present to him instead of giving it all to me.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't have any weird gift stories, and I don't know that anyone in my family particularly does, but my brother, when he was about 5 or 6 and Swiffers were new on the market, and being heavily advertised, insisted that he wanted a swiffer for Christmas. He talked about it for months. First he wanted it for his birthday, but then when we got him other stuff, he started asking for it for Christmas. We asked him exactly why he wanted a swiffer, and he went "Because they make cleaning fun!"
  • snobuny032
    Options
    One year I got a big box full of canned foods wih no lables and all the cans were dented..
    Ummm thanks Drumk Dad! lol So glad he is sober now!
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    My grandfather got me one of those stress balls u squeeze, this one was a little taller..well he obviously didn't look at it too well, it had a face on it, and flesh colored..when I flipped it over, I saw its name is Mr. Winky..yup he unknowingly got me a penis stress ball..oh..I was 10..
    LOL
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    my mom got a loaf of rush-delivered fruit cake...

her friend included a note, "I hope you get this in time! Merry Christmas!" haha