Do you still drink milk?

Options

Replies

• Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I drink milk in my tea.. and i drink alot of tea..
    I also have milk when i have the occasional bowl of cereal.
    But apart from that not really..
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    It's just weird - Besides humans (and companion animals who are fed by humans), no species drinks milk beyond infancy or drinks the milk of another species."
    Nor do other species raise their own crops, cook their meat and create their own long-lasting shelters.

I enjoy being perched atop the food chain, and do not feel the need to compare my eating habits to those of other animals.

We are only the top of the food chain because we use guns/machines to kill animals to fight our way to the top. If you put a human in a cage with a lion/bear/etc with no weapons then you will see who is really the top of the food chain. All species should be equal. A cow should NOT have to live its whole life trapped it a horrible factory getting forcibly impregnated so you can drink nasty milk.
  • RunLiftEat
    RunLiftEat Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I drink 1% organic milk. It is full of nutritious things for the body.

I bet most of the people who say, "you shouldn't drink milk" eat crap like mcdonalds
  • AshleyAmmerman
    Options
    Like everything else in the world, there is nothing wrong with drinking milk in moderation. Obviously if you polish off a gallon in one day then that's a problem. But you just have to get the right kind of milk. Milk is good for the body despite what a lot of people say. Once again, if drank in moderation. I drink 1% instead of 2% that I use to drink. Some prefer skim or fat free. Just find the lowest calorie and stick with it. You are not gonna gain weight by having a glass of milk here and there.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    It's just weird - Besides humans (and companion animals who are fed by humans), no species drinks milk beyond infancy or drinks the milk of another species."
    Nor do other species raise their own crops, cook their meat and create their own long-lasting shelters.

I enjoy being perched atop the food chain, and do not feel the need to compare my eating habits to those of other animals.

We are only the top of the food chain because we use guns/machines to kill animals to fight our way to the top. If you put a human in a cage with a lion/bear/etc with no weapons then you will see who is really the top of the food chain. All species should be equal. A cow should NOT have to live its whole life trapped it a horrible factory getting forcibly impregnated so you can drink nasty milk.

We have the ability to build and use those tools. I don't think you're very objective on this subject. I love animals as much as anyone and I am a vegetarian. But I'm also able to use reason and common sense.

Why don't we just go back to our hunter-gatherer migratory ways? Who needs a house?
  • SeaSiren1
    SeaSiren1 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I only drink almond and coconut milk.

this
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    We are only the top of the food chain because we use guns/machines to kill animals to fight our way to the top. If you put a human in a cage with a lion/bear/etc with no weapons then you will see who is really the top of the food chain.
    We are at the top of the food chain because of our superior intellect, which has invented weapons allowing us to kill larger animals and eat them.
    All species should be equal. A cow should NOT have to live its whole life trapped it a horrible factory getting forcibly impregnated so you can drink nasty milk.
    If all species should be equal, should any animal be allowed to eat another then? C'mon... It's survival of the fittest (or smartest). It's the law of the jungle, alive and well in the jungle and out of the jungle.
  • hollyeverhart
    Options
    I have no desire to drink milk from another species thats meant for their infants. ew I'll stick to my vanilla almond milk. Not pus/blood/fat/etc... You ever wonder why a lot of people are lactose intolerant? I'd rather drink breast milk, at least thats from humans. Still meant for infants though not adults/older children/teenagers. Probably the vegan in me talking...

"long-term overconsumption of calcium through cow's milk causes osteoporosis and does not prevent it" http://healthydialogues.blogspot.com/2009/02/hy-cows-milk-isnt-really-good-for-you.html

Facts that prove I'm not just a crazy animal lover- http://saveourbones.com/osteoporosis-milk-myth/
    http://www.notmilk.com/kradjian.html
    http://www.naturalnews.com/000983.html

You can't argue with facts. Milk is gross. Fattening. NOT at all good for you, Unless your a baby cow...

LASTLY:

"Milk—It Does a (Baby Cow's) Body Good
    Written by Matt Frazier in Nutrition
    This is a guest post from Courtney Carver at bemorewithless.com.

Top 6 Reasons to Drop the Dairy (Especially Milk)

Cruel to calves – Cows produce milk to nourish their young, but calves on dairy farms are taken away from their mothers when they are just 1 day old. They are fed milk substitutes (including cattle blood-ugh) so that their mothers' milk can be sold to humans.

Cruel to cows – Cows have a natural lifespan of about 25 years and can produce milk for eight or nine years. However, the stress caused by the conditions on factory farms leads to disease, lameness, and reproductive problems that render cows worthless to the dairy industry by the time that they're 4 or 5 years old, at which time they are sent to be slaughtered.

Cows are also fed unnatural, high-protein diets, which include dead chickens, pigs, and other animals, because their natural diet of grass would not provide the nutrients that they need to produce such massive amounts of milk.

Cruel to kids - Cow's milk is the number one cause of food allergies among infants and children, according to the American Gastroenterological Association.

Cruel to adults - A U.K. study showed that people who suffered from irregular heartbeats, asthma, headaches, fatigue, and digestive problems showed marked and often complete improvements in their health after cutting milk from their diets. This is especially true for people living with inflammatory conditions and auto-immune diseases.

Cruel to the earth - In California, America's top milk-producing state, manure from dairy farms has poisoned hundreds of square miles of groundwater, rivers, and streams. Each of the more than 1 million cows on the state's dairy farms excretes 18 gallons of manure daily.

Your sources are suspect.

Uhhh okay then prove me wrong, or state a FACT not just a comment. Your sources for complaining about my sources DON'T exist apparently. If you want to support cruelty to cows/other animals, get fat & have bad health go for it, its your body. I said I don't drink milk those are MY reasons. I don't care what others put in their bodies. I don't care if any website says milk is healthy. A cow shouldn't have to suffer because humans want to be weird and drink another species breast milk.
  • rml_16
    Options
    I have no desire to drink milk from another species thats meant for their infants. ew I'll stick to my vanilla almond milk. Not pus/blood/fat/etc... You ever wonder why a lot of people are lactose intolerant? I'd rather drink breast milk, at least thats from humans. Still meant for infants though not adults/older children/teenagers. Probably the vegan in me talking...

"long-term overconsumption of calcium through cow's milk causes osteoporosis and does not prevent it" http://healthydialogues.blogspot.com/2009/02/hy-cows-milk-isnt-really-good-for-you.html

Facts that prove I'm not just a crazy animal lover- http://saveourbones.com/osteoporosis-milk-myth/
    http://www.notmilk.com/kradjian.html
    http://www.naturalnews.com/000983.html

You can't argue with facts. Milk is gross. Fattening. NOT at all good for you, Unless your a baby cow...

LASTLY:

"Milk—It Does a (Baby Cow's) Body Good
    Written by Matt Frazier in Nutrition
    This is a guest post from Courtney Carver at bemorewithless.com.

Top 6 Reasons to Drop the Dairy (Especially Milk)

Cruel to calves – Cows produce milk to nourish their young, but calves on dairy farms are taken away from their mothers when they are just 1 day old. They are fed milk substitutes (including cattle blood-ugh) so that their mothers' milk can be sold to humans.

Cruel to cows – Cows have a natural lifespan of about 25 years and can produce milk for eight or nine years. However, the stress caused by the conditions on factory farms leads to disease, lameness, and reproductive problems that render cows worthless to the dairy industry by the time that they're 4 or 5 years old, at which time they are sent to be slaughtered.

Cows are also fed unnatural, high-protein diets, which include dead chickens, pigs, and other animals, because their natural diet of grass would not provide the nutrients that they need to produce such massive amounts of milk.

Cruel to kids - Cow's milk is the number one cause of food allergies among infants and children, according to the American Gastroenterological Association.

Cruel to adults - A U.K. study showed that people who suffered from irregular heartbeats, asthma, headaches, fatigue, and digestive problems showed marked and often complete improvements in their health after cutting milk from their diets. This is especially true for people living with inflammatory conditions and auto-immune diseases.

Cruel to the earth - In California, America's top milk-producing state, manure from dairy farms has poisoned hundreds of square miles of groundwater, rivers, and streams. Each of the more than 1 million cows on the state's dairy farms excretes 18 gallons of manure daily.

Your sources are suspect.

Uhhh okay then prove me wrong, or state a FACT not just a comment. Your sources for complaining about my sources DON'T exist apparently. If you want to support cruelty to cows/other animals, get fat & have bad health go for it, its your body. I said I don't drink milk those are MY reasons. I don't care what others put in their bodies. I don't care if any website says milk is healthy. A cow shouldn't have to suffer because humans want to be weird and drink another species breast milk.

There ar eplenty of sources I could find to contradict propoganda and a freaking BLOGGER, FPS! I just don't feel like going to the trouble.

As for your "get fat" comment, I was at my absolute thinnest when I ate a diet almost entirely made up of meat and dairy.
  • hollyeverhart
    Options
    We are only the top of the food chain because we use guns/machines to kill animals to fight our way to the top. If you put a human in a cage with a lion/bear/etc with no weapons then you will see who is really the top of the food chain.
    We are at the top of the food chain because of our superior intellect, which has invented weapons allowing us to kill larger animals and eat them.
    All species should be equal. A cow should NOT have to live its whole life trapped it a horrible factory getting forcibly impregnated so you can drink nasty milk.
    If all species should be equal, should any animal be allowed to eat another then? C'mon... It's survival of the fittest (or smartest). It's the law of the jungle, alive and well in the jungle and out of the jungle.

WOW okay well I have nothing else to say to you because you are beyond help. Okay so its okay to rape a animal (Forcibly impregnating something sounds like rape to me!) so you can drink milk meant for its child??? Some animals eat each other because some animals are carnivores, (Humans are NOT & don't need to be, plenty of protein/nutrients in veggies etc) they chase down the animal and kill it with their teeth/claws eat it raw thats nature, not going through a drive thru or buying a pounds of gross ground beef then cooking and seasoning it etc thats not nature. We are not cave people we don't hunt for our food, the animals don't have a fighting chance like in the wild, they are confined to filthy nasty factory's were they live out their short sad life's, then are inhumanely slaughtered. I really feel bad for people who have no sense of right or wrong or compassion for animals. You are no better then any animal they deserve to be happy and live free. They don't owe you anything they shouldn't have to suffer because people are awful. Ugh But I don't even know why I say anything because most people are to mean to care so whatever. Keep killing animals and torturing them because you have no conscience.
  • rml_16
    Options

WOW okay well I have nothing else to say to you because you are beyond help. Okay so its okay to rape a animal (Forcibly impregnating something sounds like rape to me!) so you can drink milk meant for its child??? Some animals eat each other because some animals are carnivores, (Humans are NOT & don't need to be, plenty of protein/nutrients in veggies etc) they chase down the animal and kill it with their teeth/claws eat it raw thats nature, not going through a drive thru or buying a pounds of gross ground beef then cooking and seasoning it etc thats not nature. We are not cave people we don't hunt for our food, the animals don't have a fighting chance like in the wild, they are confined to filthy nasty factory's were they live out their short sad life's, then are inhumanely slaughtered. I really feel bad for people who have no sense of right or wrong or compassion for animals. You are no better then any animal they deserve to be happy and live free. They don't owe you anything they shouldn't have to suffer because people are awful. Ugh But I don't even know why I say anything because most people are to mean to care so whatever. Keep killing animals and torturing them because you have no conscience.

People like you make me want to go back to eating meat out of spite, just like Bible thumpers make me want to become a devil worshipper.
  • hollyeverhart
    Options

I bet most of the people who say, "you shouldn't drink milk" eat crap like mcdonalds

Not me! no fast food. (starbucks drive thrus occasionally where I only get soy milk) not really fast food... I don't use animal products at all... no meat/dairy/egg/honey/leather/etc.... So no fast food here! btw Almond milk is far more healthy then any milk... less calories and fat too! tons of protein/nutrients
  • hollyeverhart
    Options

People like you make me want to go back to eating meat out of spite, just like Bible thumpers make me want to become a devil worshipper.

Then you obviously don't feel as strongly as I do about the issue. Sorry I love animals. I am disgusted by the use of animals products. This is a open forum there for I can voice my thoughts. I don't honestly care how it makes you feel.
  • rml_16
    Options
    I never said you couldn't voice your opinion. But what I'm pointing out to you is that if you're trying to win people to your way of thinking, you're not doing a very good job of it. If you truly want to convert people to your lifestyle and "save" all those animals, maybe you ought to rethink your obnoxious approach to it.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    WOW okay well I have nothing else to say to you because you are beyond help.
    :laugh:
    Okay so its okay to rape a animal (Forcibly impregnating something sounds like rape to me!) so you can drink milk meant for its child??? Some animals eat each other because some animals are carnivores, (Humans are NOT & don't need to be, plenty of protein/nutrients in veggies etc) they chase down the animal and kill it with their teeth/claws eat it raw thats nature, not going through a drive thru or buying a pounds of gross ground beef then cooking and seasoning it etc thats not nature. We are not cave people we don't hunt for our food, the animals don't have a fighting chance like in the wild, they are confined to filthy nasty factory's were they live out their short sad life's, then are inhumanely slaughtered. I really feel bad for people who have no sense of right or wrong or compassion for animals. You are no better then any animal they deserve to be happy and live free. They don't owe you anything they shouldn't have to suffer because people are awful. Ugh But I don't even know why I say anything because most people are to mean to care so whatever. Keep killing animals and torturing them because you have no conscience.
    Humans might not need to be carnivores, but many are. I've found that life is happier when one stops worrying about what others are doing that don't affect one's own life.

sran411l.jpg
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options

Not me! no fast food. (starbucks drive thrus occasionally where I only get soy milk) not really fast food... I don't use animal products at all... no dairy/egg/honey/leather/etc.... So no fast food here! btw Almond milk is far more healthy then any milk... less calories and fat too! tons of protein/nutrients
    So you'll support an establishment that is in your words "cruel to animals" as long as they offer an animal free product? Seems a bit hypocritical.
    I am not Vegan, but I have no problem with people that are. I do on the other hand take offense to those that try to cram their beliefs down my throat. You have the right to eat/not eat anything of your choosing, as do the rest of us.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    I never said you couldn't voice your opinion. But what I'm pointing out to you is that if you're trying to win people to your way of thinking, you're not doing a very good job of it. If you truly want to convert people to your lifestyle and "save" all those animals, maybe you ought to rethink your obnoxious approach to it.
    Like Grandma used to say... "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar".

WHAT A BARBARIAN,CATCHING THOSE POOR FLIES!
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Not me! no fast food. (starbucks drive thrus occasionally where I only get soy milk) not really fast food... I don't use animal products at all... no dairy/egg/honey/leather/etc.... So no fast food here! btw Almond milk is far more healthy then any milk... less calories and fat too! tons of protein/nutrients
    So you'll support an establishment that is in your words "cruel to animals" as long as they offer an animal free product? Seems a bit hypocritical.
    I am not Vegan, but I have no problem with people that are. I do on the other hand take offense to those that try to cram their beliefs down my throat. You have the right to eat/not eat anything of your choosing, as do the rest of us.
    tumblr_lrbnkqCA9D1qgwnca.gif
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Like Grandma used to say... "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar".

WHAT A BARBARIAN,CATCHING THOSE POOR FLIES!
    Never mind the honey she stole from the enslaved bees.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Not me! no fast food. (starbucks drive thrus occasionally where I only get soy milk) not really fast food... I don't use animal products at all... no meat/dairy/egg/honey/leather/etc.... So no fast food here! btw Almond milk is far more healthy then any milk... less calories and fat too! tons of protein/nutrients

Did you ever consider that Starbuck's coffee beans come from third world countries where farmers are actually still using pack mules and other beasts of burden? It is not fair to the poor animals to have to haul around loads of coffee beans all day so that you can have your latte with soy milk!!