Do you still drink milk?

Options

Replies

• LolaGotThin
    LolaGotThin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I can't give up my milk!! I've been drinking skim since I was like 6.
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Almond milk as I don't do dairy. :o)
  • h0m36r0wn
    Options
    LOVE milk - can down a gallon a day easy, but then I'd have to stop eating altogether so try to limit myself to a glass or two per week, usually with cereal.

13879379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different but personally I limit my dairy to 2 servings a day, otherwise I'm quick to gain weight on it. I love dairy and have no trouble digesting it. As long as I keep at 2 servings a day I'm fine, any more than that though and my scale starts creeping back up.

2223754.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Destinie589
    Options
    I drink 2% fairly often and use it in cereal. The article said it's an adaptation found among dairy farmers and a few tribes that herd cattle. So good for me, I'm a mutant.

As for the animal rights activists, you bewilder me. What makes you think enough people will care enough about cows to change things when people are starving to death every day? If not enough care about starving children, there sure aren't going to be enough to care about baby cows. You can't change how people feel about animals until you change how they feel about each other. And good luck with that.

But we CAN change our own behavior. I'm a vegetarian and I do care about cows. But I'm not pushy about it. I figure the best I can do is change myself and if others ask my advice, advise them. But I don't shove it down anyone's throats (pun intended).

YES!! Totally agree.
  • JessyLovesJCS
    JessyLovesJCS Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Yep! Years ago I went to a nutritionist and she believes that women especially need 2 cups of skim milk each day (or the same amount of calcium elsewhere). I usually have 1 c skim with cereal for snack or breakfast most days...and then yogurt.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Iv been trying to stick to a mostly water fluid intake. Haven't had milk in a while and I'm wondering if anyone else drinks it on a regular basis?

I prefer protein shakes made in milk as opposed to water because it tastes better, and I get more protein that way, too.

I don't like the taste of milk by itself though.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I care because I care about animals. People are uneducated and grow up believing they need milk & they do not at all. Animals don't deserve to suffer for humans. I feel strongly about it. I'm done now though, clearly some people will never change/have no compassion. Its a waste of my time. I'm going to sit here and read my new book with my cat and look at him and know I don't support other animals getting killed!
    I want to know why you never answered the question of why you respect your family's right to choose meat/milk but you can't afford us on the internet the same.
    Shh... she's reading.

EEG what did I miss? i was cleaning my gun

heh.

(I cleaned mine the other night. After making up some incredible venison steaks, in fact.)
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I care because I care about animals. People are uneducated and grow up believing they need milk & they do not at all. Animals don't deserve to suffer for humans. I feel strongly about it. I'm done now though, clearly some people will never change/have no compassion. Its a waste of my time. I'm going to sit here and read my new book with my cat and look at him and know I don't support other animals getting killed!
    I want to know why you never answered the question of why you respect your family's right to choose meat/milk but you can't afford us on the internet the same.
    Shh... she's reading.

EEG what did I miss? i was cleaning my gun

heh.

(I cleaned mine the other night. After making up some incredible venison steaks, in fact.)

My husband shot a cotton tail rabbit. We ate it with our Christmas Eve dinner. Yum!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Most animals let out a cry when they are wounded. But plants, without a voice to scream, instead let out a smell.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/31/science/31obbug.html

The plants...the plants are screaming! You just can't hear them.

Off to go for a walk now. Chocolate milkshake (or maybe just a cold glass of milk) afterward is optional. But yummy!

I let out smells as well. Does that make me part plant?

I'm betting fresh cut grass smells better! :laugh:
  • sexysize12
    sexysize12 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Yes I have two cups a day but I make them out of non fat or 1 percent lattes.:drinker:
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Most animals let out a cry when they are wounded. But plants, without a voice to scream, instead let out a smell.

Off to go for a walk now. Chocolate milkshake (or maybe just a cold glass of milk) afterward is optional. But yummy!

Did you see the movie "The Happening"? The plants turned on people and were killing them... :wink:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options

Did you see the movie "The Happening"? The plants turned on people and were killing them... :wink:

Nope, haven't seen it, but thanks for giving me something creepy to think about next time I'm walking down a leafy trail!
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I use almond milk for my cereal... skim sometimes but only if I am at work. I don't like the taste of any milk so it I add Nesquick no sugar added to all my cereals.
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I drink lots of almond milk... I just really, really like the taste. I usually drink 1/2 cup at a time or mix it in my oatmeal, though. When I'm thirsty, I go for water.
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    I MISS milk
    I hadnt had any in months but recently I've been having approx a 4oz glass a few times a week
    is it what i should drink? probably not, but i figure if i cant enjoy what i eat whats the point of this whole thing? to limit myself to water & chicken for the rest of my life? not realistic
    whole milk BTW
    none of that low fat stuff............thats just white water lol
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options

That movie freaked me out!
  • duharvalgt
    Options
    Only ever on cereal nowadays =) used to drink it a whole lot though when i was a bit larger
  • thinnerisstronger
    thinnerisstronger Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I don't actually like cows milk anymore. I only drink almond or soy milk.
  • RobinLoren
    Options
    I am unable to drink milk but I love Almond Milk and you can get it for only 35 calories a glass! So even if I could drink regular milk, I would choose 35 calories any day.