Do you still drink milk?

Options
1232425262729»

Replies

• 4gr8kids
    Options
    Drinking whole milk again and LOVING it!!
    Sometimes 16 ounces per day.
  • Cr357
    Cr357 Posts: 238
    Options
    Yes and lots of it.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me that it was due to the amount of milk that I drank as a child that prevented me from breaking every bone in my body after the car accident that almost killed me 23 years ago.
    So, yes I continue to drink milk.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I buy unsweetened almond milk when I get muesli, but that's about it. I don't drink cow's milk because I don't like the taste.
  • angieisslim4ever
    Options
    always..non fat milk :) ... it's good for my bones..
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I still drink 5-6 cups a week of Skim or 1%. LOVE it.
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I still drink 5-6 cups a week of Skim or 1%. LOVE it.
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I drink more milk now than I used to. I use a lot of whey protein from cows in New Zealand, but I also like my fat free milk in my hot chocolate and oatmeal. I only use organic milk from free-ranging cows. Why would anybody NOT drink milk, other than if they're lactose intolerant?

If they're allergic to the proteins in it like myself! No, I cannot pop some pill to make it better (I HATE when I get asked that by everyone it seems!) Food allergies are nothing to mess with so I avoid it at all costs! The smell of dairy makes me gag even...I am an almond milk girl!
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I drink more milk now than I used to. I use a lot of whey protein from cows in New Zealand, but I also like my fat free milk in my hot chocolate and oatmeal. I only use organic milk from free-ranging cows. Why would anybody NOT drink milk, other than if they're lactose intolerant?

If they're allergic to the proteins in it like myself! No, I cannot pop some pill to make it better (I HATE when I get asked that by everyone it seems!) Food allergies are nothing to mess with so I avoid it at all costs! The smell of dairy makes me gag even...I am an almond milk girl!
  • t3hsandy
    t3hsandy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I don't drink milk of any kind. Tried it once, didn't like it. So it's a non-negotiable food item of mine (kind of like Ketchup or Mayo, if they touch my food, I won't eat). I do take calcium supplements because of the birth control I was on; it depleted my bone density to where I couldn't walk without feeling as if my bones were breaking.
  • rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    i have drank skim my entire life, i don't drink it as much as i used to but i do at times
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I love Milk nothing goes better with pb&j
  • I've been drinking a lot more milk than I used to- maybe a glass or two per week. I've heard however, from some people, that drinking milk can lead to weight gain. Is that true? I'm trying to loose a couple of pounds, but sometimes take it as a pre-workout snack which I need b/c I'm a diabetic and I have the tendency to get low blood sugars while working out.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking a lot more milk than I used to- maybe a glass or two per week. I've heard however, from some people, that drinking milk can lead to weight gain. Is that true? I'm trying to loose a couple of pounds, but sometimes take it as a pre-workout snack which I need b/c I'm a diabetic and I have the tendency to get low blood sugars while working out.
    No...that is not true. If you are not eating too many calories...you will not gain weight from fat. Water weight comes and goes.
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I have a thyroid problem and sometimes it screws with my calcium. My body knows when it's needed and I'll start craving milk. In general, I probably have a cup of milk once a week.
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Sure, I drink skim milk. I enjoy it and I believe it's a healthy food choice.

Since I've been losing weight I do drink less, though, because eating something chocolately and enjoying a big glass of milk with it used to be a regular thing for me! Not anymore. Also, I don't eat cereal anymore because most of them have lots of added sugar and I just can't stomach things like "Bran Buds" :sick: So we definitely go through less milk than we used to in this house. But I still really like it and have at least a glass a day.
  • jmvmisc24
    jmvmisc24 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    i love milk. i normally don't drink it but i love it. used to do only whole milk now do 2 percent and hate whole milk.
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    what about cottage cheese.
    I was drinking a fair amount of milk but now I only use milk in cereals and my iced capps. yogurt the odd time or when in smoothies
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    I use oat milk but also a bit of skimmed milk

I never realised cow juice was so controversial!!
  • annie7hudds
    annie7hudds Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Don't touch the stuff myself -but that is just because I don't like it. it started at an early age - in infant school when we had the 'free' milk each day. It was always warm and creamy... bleurghhhhh.............................

Strangely I had cravings for it whilst pregnant -so I indulged in milkshakes, but made from skimmed ice cold milk.

I do'nt like cream on desserts -but I do love cheese - and eat virtually fat free yogurts a couple of times per week.

The more I think about drinking cow juice the stranger it is though? I hadn't really considered it before :)