Do you still drink milk?

Options

Replies

• sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to be a part of this amazingly interesting topic. I do not drink milk. ...unless I feel like I want my entire digetive track to explode in slow motion.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to be a part of this amazingly interesting topic. I do not drink milk. ...unless I feel like I want my entire digetive track to explode in slow motion.

no no no...it takes 6 years...pay attention!
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options

ROFL!
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    i prefer what they milk from delicious, red grapes.
    fermented and aged, thank you.
  • ltd42127
    Options
    I only started mfp a few days ago and one of the things that seems to be a problem for me is I go over my carb recommendation before I get the calories I need, partly because of eating more fruits and veggies. So I have been examining my food log and looking for lower carb options. One thing I have done is substitute yogurt for milk in my cereal (Multi-grain Cheerios). Delicious, filling, and it has fewer carbs and I still get calcium and good nutrition
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    If you have ever seen Forks over knives you would understand, basically think of it this way, America consumes more dairy than any other country but we also have the highest rate of osteoprosis and other problems proving that all that dairy isn't doing anything for us!! Many people grow up healthy and strong without cow milk.
    This hurts me. Physical pain in my head. And heart. I am sad face.

Please see: "causation vs correlation" http://tinyurl.com/c9xhfcn
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I rarely drink milk......
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I drink about half a gallon of 2% every week. I make smoothies and coffee with it. As a woman I need a lot of calcium. I don't eat cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, I rarely eat ice cream or other types of creamy foods, so I don't get much calcium in otherwise. I try and eat yogurt but it's expensive where I shop, so most of my calcium comes from milk.
  • annabell0768
    Options
    3 tbsp of 2% - 3 times a week :)
  • leslielt
    leslielt Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    "19 PAGES?!?? 19 PAGES?!?!?!?!?!?

Five freaken words, people... FIVE!!!!? "Do you still drink milk?"..... yes or no.... THAT'S IT!!!!!

HOW IN THE HELL CAN THIS TOPIC BE SO INTERESTING AND DEBATED SO LIVELY!?

I think I'll start a thread asking if people still eat bread. Or breathe.

This is a serious topic! Milk is vital to our survival on this planet!!!

(someone won't get the slight sarcasm in my reply)

Was this sarcasm?

I'm almost afraid you're serious
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    No, no milk from cows in my household. The idea has always and will always freak me out. I'm not a baby cow therefore I have no business drinking a cow's lactation.

I do enjoy a good almond milk though!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    ?
  • mcrumpsf
    mcrumpsf Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love milk. I dont drink a glass a day or anything but I keep a half gallon of 1percent as a staple.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    No, no milk from cows in my household. The idea has always and will always freak me out. I'm not a baby cow therefore I have no business drinking a cow's lactation.

so...you are a baby almond then?:wink:
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options

Sorry!! What page are we on?! *flips through pages furiously, trying to speed-read*
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,733 Member
    Options
    Milk was designed for baby cows; so baby cows can go from their birth weight to 300 pounds in the blink of an eye.
    I must be doing it wrong then, because I've been drinking it for 51 years.
  • onefitdiva
    onefitdiva Posts: 331 Member
    Options

Hahahaaa!!!! :laugh:
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Not like I used to but I do love it! Will never give it up! What else goes best with a good peanut butter sandwich? Milk is good stuff! I prefer 2% but most people around me drink whole milk. This is the Dairy state after all.
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options

so...you are a baby almond then?:wink:

Well obviously! :-)
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Milk was designed for baby cows; so baby cows can go from their birth weight to 300 pounds in the blink of an eye.
    I must be doing it wrong then, because I've been drinking it for 51 years.

LOL PJilly, you're tiny, you totally must be doing it wrong. :P