Do you still drink milk?

Options

Replies

• KylieBarstow
    Options
    Milk was designed for baby cows; so baby cows can go from their birth weight to 300 pounds in the blink of an eye.
    I must be doing it wrong then, because I've been drinking it for 51 years.

^^^ Seriously. I have 8oz of 2% milk everyday. More before I decided to lose weight. But I hate the idea of cutting dairy out of my diet almost completely.
  • ciaobellakiss
    Options
    I always drink milk.
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I have 2% milk in my cereal in the morning, that's about it.....
  • Jupitermermaid
    Jupitermermaid Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I drink more milk now than I used to. I use a lot of whey protein from cows in New Zealand, but I also like my fat free milk in my hot chocolate and oatmeal. I only use organic milk from free-ranging cows. Why would anybody NOT drink milk, other than if they're lactose intolerant?
  • windsurfski
    windsurfski Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Milk was designed for baby cows; so baby cows can go from their birth weight to 300 pounds in the blink of an eye.
    And honey is designed for bee use only. It has absolutely no application among other species.

:noway:
    Many other species of animals consume honey. It has great benefits to your immunity and is a great 100% natural source of sugar. It is of more use to the species that consume it than it is to the actual bees.
    It seems pretty obvious that in the whole circle of life scheme of things the main reason bees create honey is for the requirement of other species that can consume it and benefit from it.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to be a part of this amazingly interesting topic. I do not drink milk. ...unless I feel like I want my entire digetive track to explode in slow motion.

bwahaha. for what it is worth no. lactose intolerant. can't stand milk nor dairy products for that matter.
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I only drink milk in stuff (cereal, smoothies, etc) unless it's chocolate milk but that's pretty rare.
    I get my dairy from cheese, yogurt, etc.
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I have milk on my cereal and sometimes in my porridge, but I don't drink it. I got out of the habit of it. Also, I have an aversion to drinking calories - i need my calories to come from food, else I will want to eat ALL OF THE THINGS!
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I drink it but not very often. One day I will eliminate it completely Im sure.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Jack Lalane always used to say that humans were the only creatures that continue to drink milk into adulthood so it didn't make sense to drink milk.

I just don't care much for milk and never have drunk very much.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Yes I still drink milk. And I eat honey. Sometimes I mix the two together, try it sometimes!!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Jack Lalane always used to say that humans were the only creatures that continue to drink milk into adulthood so it didn't make sense to drink milk.

I just don't care much for milk and never have drunk very much.

and look what happened to poor Jack!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,733 Member
    Options
    Yes I still drink milk. And I eat honey. Sometimes I mix the two together, try it sometimes!!
    That's just crazy talk. Stop. Stop it now.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to be a part of this amazingly interesting topic. I do not drink milk. ...unless I feel like I want my entire digetive track to explode in slow motion.

bwahaha. for what it is worth no. lactose intolerant. can't stand milk nor dairy products for that matter.
    Yeah, being lactose intolerant kinda makes milk and other dairy look like street drugs. Everyone's all "Let's go get ice cream! It's just one time. You have your lactase pills, don't you?" and your stomach and intestines start to shut down at the mere thought of it. I say we protest milk! It's clearly evil!! Look how passionate people are about it. I'll make the signs.
  • michiganderrdh
    michiganderrdh Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    i prefer what they milk from delicious, red grapes.
    fermented and aged, thank you.

SAME :)

I actually make my own almond milk with my vitamix
  • TheGlen
    TheGlen Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I drink about half a gallon of 2% every week. I make smoothies and coffee with it. As a woman I need a lot of calcium. I don't eat cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, I rarely eat ice cream or other types of creamy foods, so I don't get much calcium in otherwise. I try and eat yogurt but it's expensive where I shop, so most of my calcium comes from milk.

Keep in mind that you can get your calcium from vegetables too (it doesn't only need to be from "creamy foods").
    My family and I (including my wife) get all the calcium we need through eating lots of spinach, broccoli, nuts/seeds, etc.
  • TheGlen
    Options

Yeah, being lactose intolerant kinda makes milk and other dairy look like street drugs. Everyone's all "Let's go get ice cream! It's just one time. You have your lactase pills, don't you?" and your stomach and intestines start to shut down at the mere thought of it. I say we protest milk! It's clearly evil!! Look how passionate people are about it. I'll make the signs.

LOL. We recently bought an ice cream maker attachment for our mixer (I recommend this). Now when the family gets the urge for ice cream, we make it ourselves using coconut/almond milk, fruit, honey, crushed nuts, carob, etc.
  • JentjeJ
    Options
    I stopped drinking milk 2 years ago. At lunch I now drink 'karnemelk', I think in English it is called 'buttermilk'
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I swapped to Almond and coconut milk.
    I dont fart as much now!
    O.O
  • TheGlen
    Options

Honey mixed with milk sounds pretty weird to me...but then again, I *used to* make a sandwich of two chocolate chip cookies with a slice of cheese between them, so who am I to talk (lol)? <- I figured it was about time for another tangent.