Feeling overwhelmed and under appreciated...

123457»

Replies

• veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Did the OP specifically say he as cursing and using foul language? Is the OP NOT cursing and using foul language?

You're trying to assume your point here.

Oy, I did not say that's what she said AT ALL. I'm not assuming anything - I did NOT say that there has been foul language - I said it's not necessary for abuse (regardless of this specific situation). Let it go.

I read the OP's first post again. I stand by the fact that's not abuse. I see her really trying to do everything and it's catching up to her.

You're entitled to that view. And maybe it's not so bad that some might see it as abuse, to me if it's not there already, it looks like it's on the road. She said she does things to avoid having him give her hell for doing otherwise. Only she knows the real day-ins and day-outs and whether she's exaggerating or downplaying his behavior. And since she added a post that said she's tried talking to him about it, she hasn't just done these things all this time without saying a word. Her relationship *might* or *might not* be at an abusive stage, but seems there are some early signs that should put her on alert and help her in making a decision.

Signs of an abusive relationship:
    There are many signs of an abusive relationship. The most telling sign is fear of your partner. If you feel like you have to walk on eggshells around your partner—constantly watching what you say and do in order to avoid a blow-up—chances are your relationship is unhealthy and abusive. Other signs that you may be in an abusive relationship include a partner who belittles you or tries to control you . . .

Does your partner:
    humiliate or yell at you?
    criticize you and put you down?
    see you as property or a sex object, rather than as a person?
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Ask him if he wants to do the dishes or laundry that day. Take out the garbage or change the diaper. Choices are good and sometimes hints don't work.
  • VICKYORTIZ
    VICKYORTIZ Posts: 37 Member
    easier said then done...but dump his Assshhh! Take care of YOU! so that in return you can take care of your children.