Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    "its perfectly natural"
    "its beautiful"
    "its best for the baby"
    blah blah blah

I think the ones who choose to breastfeed publicly are crying for attention, and they are sure to get it.
    Like most men, I enjoy the opportunity to see a breast every now and then, but this just doesn't seem like the right way to do it.
    I'd prefer they take advantage of a private spot.

Just 'cause its natural doesn't mean you have to share it with the world.
    Other natural things I prefer not to experience others doing in public:
    urinating
    passing gas
    defacating
    spitting
    vomiting
    coitus
    sodomy
    clipping toe nails or finger nails
    clearing a nasal obstruction with a finger
    flossing or using a toothpick
    etc
    I love farts -- especially my own. :love:
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    As a mother who breast feed I think its unnessary to do so in public. I think for you to throw your boobs around like hippy is your business but I dont wanna see it.

This has been something that YEARS people have protested against. Yes yes I get its natural. Yes I get all the crap your dishing out to say why we should allow it but its 2012 people get with the times. Keep your boobs in your bra while your doing your shopping.

And if you so intent on showing your boobs off than go to a nudist community and munch on some gronala.

I never once, got my boob out or had them out on show. Are you imagining someone just wapping one out? You can be VERY discreet without anyone seeing anything. If they are trying to look then what the hell, have a good look pervr. If you have issues with your own body or others then fine but soemtimes it is not convinent to go somewhere private and feed. There is no way I am feeding my child in a toilet.

Did I say to stuff your child in a toliet and breast feed?
    Uh no.

They are TONS of public restrooms that have benches in them or areas in them that you can have a private moment to breast feed. If women were so discreet about this it wouldnt be an issue.

I have no issue with my body or breast feeding I dont see the need to do so in public.

there arenot tons, there are 2 in my whole city which are usually full because people like you feel the need to get het up about something so trivial. I have never once seena woman with her breast fully out and even if I did, I think I am old enough and mature enough to handle it.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Yea it's all natural and everything. I don't have a problem with it, but it makes people feel uncomfortable. Mom's need to be a bit discreet about it.

People uncomfortable with a female breast nourishing a baby have their own issues that they need to deal with. No special precautions need to be made on their behalf.

People get offended at a lot of crazy stuff. Everyday things that most people could care less about offends some people. We can all kill ourselves trying to accomodate them or we can just live our lives and they can get over their hang ups.
  • busterbluth
    busterbluth Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Sick of hearing about this subject. It seems to be brought up every few years when a mother gets a hair up her butt and decides to make an issue of it. Go to the bathroom, go to your car, there are plenty of places for mothers now-a-days to breast feed and doing it in a public forum is being rude and disrespectful to others. I'm guessing these women know when their baby is due to be fed so perhaps they should prepare better. Stop making a statement and move on with your life!!

Or just GET OVER IT and let them feed their kids in peace? Do you know how often an exclusively breastfed baby needs to be fed? ALL THE TIME. The only way you could "prepare better" is by not leaving your house.

When I fed my infant, I did so in a sling/nursing top, which covered everything. So if people knew, it was because they were being nosy-*kitten* prudes. Like I said, I see more boob showing in a lot of girls' low-cut blouses.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Are BJ's okay in public? Sometimes I just need a quick shot of protein when I am hungry and cannot locate a private place.

Well, okay by me! We should make it a law and we should also force employers to accomodate us. And if anyone gives us a rude look they should get punched! Equal rights for all bodily functions, no matter who is around! If they find it offensive its THEIR problem. I'm sure the guys at NAMBLA would agree...no limits in a modern society.
  • Teliooo
    Options
    Are BJ's okay in public? Sometimes I just need a quick shot of protein when I am hungry and cannot locate a private place.

Well, okay by me! We should make it a law and we should also force employers to accomodate us. And if anyone gives us a rude look they should get punched! Equal rights for all bodily functions, no matter who is around! If they find it offensive its THEIR problem. I'm sure the guys at NAMBLA would agree...no limits in a modern society.

To even compare a a BJ to breastfeeding is pathetic.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Do it wherever you need to but cover up your boobie :)
    Babies get hungry ad breastfed babies are hungry more often than formula fed babies. I don't expect a breast feeding mom to run and hide every time her baby's hungry but I don't want to see your boob, either. They have very pretty covers out there now :)
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Making some low fat air-popped popcorn. I'll sit back and watch the anvils fly past.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ^^ WHAT HE SAID^^
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options

R U FOR REAL?

*dead*

You are probably also the same type who would ***** and complain about a screaming baby being in public, because I guarantee you that's what a breastfed baby would be doing if you refused to FEED IT.

Grow up, or put a blanket over your head. They're just BOOBS. I see more boob in some girls' low-cut shirts than you can see on a boob with a baby's head covering it.

To those who don't want to "have that conversation with their kids": not my problem if you can't figure out simply saying "she's feeding her baby" to your child.

ILY <3
    especially the last part - i dont know why thats so difficult for some people. my kids are 4 and 5 and understand that thats how babies can be fed
  • tiffany0127
    tiffany0127 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    lame.

as long as the mother covers herself appropriately, there is zero issue here. kids need to eat. and it isn't in any way appropriate for people to expect them to FEED THEIR CHILD in, say, a public bathroom. if you don't wanna eat in there, why does the kid have to?
    [/quote]

THANK YOU!!! You said exactly what I have been thinking this whole time...why would you feed a baby in a place covered in particles of feces (they have done studies on it people)! I would not eat food on in the bathroom or on the toilet so I wouldn't expect my child to either!
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    As a mother who breast feed I think its unnessary to do so in public. I think for you to throw your boobs around like hippy is your business but I dont wanna see it.

This has been something that YEARS people have protested against. Yes yes I get its natural. Yes I get all the crap your dishing out to say why we should allow it but its 2012 people get with the times. Keep your boobs in your bra while your doing your shopping.

And if you so intent on showing your boobs off than go to a nudist community and munch on some gronala.

I never once, got my boob out or had them out on show. Are you imagining someone just wapping one out? You can be VERY discreet without anyone seeing anything. If they are trying to look then what the hell, have a good look pervr. If you have issues with your own body or others then fine but soemtimes it is not convinent to go somewhere private and feed. There is no way I am feeding my child in a toilet.

Uh no.

They are TONS of public restrooms that have benches in them or areas in them that you can have a private moment to breast feed. If women were so discreet about this it wouldnt be an issue.

I have no issue with my body or breast feeding I dont see the need to do so in public.

there arenot tons, there are 2 in my whole city which are usually full because people like you feel the need to get het up about something so trivial. I have never once seena woman with her breast fully out and even if I did, I think I am old enough and mature enough to handle it.

Okay well I apologize you live out in the country. How hard is it to feed your child BEFORE going into target? There is so many other things you can do. Not once did I breastfeed in public. If this was something that was so discreet there wouldnt be people who protest it.

I think as a society we shun women for wearing short skirts and men who were thongs to the beach but its okay for women to breast feed?

I am totally for women rights but this should put to the back burner.
  • lkrause74
    lkrause74 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I don't mind a woman breastfeeding in public as long as she's as discreet as possible about it. As in don't have the entire breast exposed. :)
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

WHOA is that offensive! And I'm not even a mother! But comparing breast feeding to bj's and pedophilia... :noway: That's just insane thinking.

For the dozenth time it's not sex. It's feeding a baby.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Boobs are always fun and games until they are used for their creation purpose(TO FEED BABIES). It is outrageous to me to ask a discreetly breastfeeding mama to take their child to the bathroom to nurse and then have said bathroom have zero clean places to sit and do the task. Me I'd probably forgo the dramatics and simply say I'll feed my baby in that bathroom when you eat your lunch in there and leave and probably never go back to that store(wouldn't ban all Target's as it probably was a situation where the main factor is the person involved in the incident).

I'm perfectly fine with public breastfeeding. I like many mamas I know that did this task were discreet about it and everything was covered. I think some people just go over the top with the whole issue on both sides of the fence.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed that there are some women admitting that their own kids haven't seen a woman's boob before. What, not even your own? very odd.
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options

I love you.
  • lkrause74
    lkrause74 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    lame.

as long as the mother covers herself appropriately, there is zero issue here. kids need to eat. and it isn't in any way appropriate for people to expect them to FEED THEIR CHILD in, say, a public bathroom. if you don't wanna eat in there, why does the kid have to?

THANK YOU!!! You said exactly what I have been thinking this whole time...why would you feed a baby in a place covered in particles of feces (they have done studies on it people)! I would not eat food on in the bathroom or on the toilet so I wouldn't expect my child to either!
    [/quote]

I agree! I think as long as a woman covers herself appropriately, I have NO issue with a woman breastfeeding her child in public. :)
  • WickedMouse
    WickedMouse Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    the reality is, you see more exposed Breast on magazine covers in the check out isle.
    I breast fed 2 babies both until they were a year old.. NOT ONCE did I have to stop in the middle of the Grocery store, or while out to dinner to nurse. And in the off chance I did have to nurse, I went to the car. Its called PLANNING... You just don't go when y ou know feeding time is coming up. I don't have a problem with it, I am a pro-breastfeeding advocate, but I know a lot of people have issues with it in public, and for that I was respectful.

Part of the problem is that breast are so overly sexualized, and men(some women) don't like to see their precious play toys used in the appropriate manner.
  • Teliooo
    Options

Uh no.

Okay well I apologize you live out in the country. How hard is it to feed your child BEFORE going into target? There is so many other things you can do. Not once did I breastfeed in public. If this was something that was so discreet there wouldnt be people who protest it.

I think as a society we shun women for wearing short skirts and men who were thongs to the beach but its okay for women to breast feed?

I am totally for women rights but this should put to the back burner.

You actually have no idea, i live in a city ffs. Also my child fed nearly every hour, so you would expect me to have no social life so you don't have to try and look at my boobs?. You obviously have never breastfed. Oh wow, you have. I am shocked and saddened. Convo over.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed that there are some women admitting that their own kids haven't seen a woman's boob before. What, not even your own? very odd.
    Mom?!